Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why water the pitch ?

I didn’t notice whether they watered the pitch last night but assumed they did by the way the players were slipping whenever they tried turning quickly; and on Saturday it looked at one point like a water main had gone, the pressure of the water spraying into the pitch was so great. But what’s the point of watering the pitch just before kick off ?

Comments

• The modern idea seems to be that a slick, wet surface encourages and allows better and faster passing .. can be overdone of course leading to players slipping and sliding all over the gaff
  • I think it unfair that players warm up on a surface, then they spray it with water for ten minutes and create a totally different playing field. Not just Charlton, but everywhere. Watering should be banned within 30 minutes of kick off and until after the game.
  • We weren't moaning when ward half volleyed that pass Saturday.
  • I was moaning halfway through the first half last night when a ball was squared to Aribo who was standing close to the penalty sport and he fell on his a*** before he could shoot.
  • I meant "spot". Someone must have watered my keyboard!
  • Players slipping and sliding is down to them not wearing decent length studs

A nice moist, flat surface is the perfect type for playing football
  • Carter said:

Players slipping and sliding is down to them not wearing decent length studs

Your talking shit mate, should Deffo be bone dry and rock solid to prevent injuries.
  • Carter said:

Players slipping and sliding is down to them not wearing decent length studs

And having sex.