Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hamilton problem - help required please ASAP.

I booked 4 seats for the musical back in January for daughter/SIL and son/DIL @100 pounds pp and announced that this would be their birthday presents for 2018.

I received an email at the end of last week, reminding me that the purchaser /credit card holder must be present & entering the theatre on the night, together with photographic ID ie must be one of the ticket holders.

DOH ! I clearly hadn't paid attention to the small print due to my excitement of actually purchasing these sought after gems....

I have read & reread the T&Cs , the FAQs and indeed spent 48 mins on hold for the Delfont Productions or whatever they are called , only to be advised that Ticketmaster are the people to speak with in this instance but to be advised that their policy is very strict due to the price & clamour for the tickets.

I can totally understand that problem of ticket touts is invariably at the forefront of this strict policy and I am responsible for ensuring that the T&Cs are read carefully but TBH, I don't know how to play this.

I had spent a lot of time trying to sort this last Friday and since then we have had 3 great, but exhausting days in DLP with the whole family, arriving home tonight but I must now address the issue with only 4 days to go.

My options include 'fessing up and pleading ignorance/my advanced years, in which case a refund is on the cards but also much disappointment for the family involved or to tell a porky ie that I WAS due to be one of the 4 attendees but have been either struck down with a rare tropical disease or something of that ilk.

PLEASE could you advise me how to play this one ASAP as I must make a decision before we head for The Valley tomorrow late afternoon.

Thanks, guys and gals.

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Ok, I’ll start it off - So your daughter in law will have the same surname as you, I don’t suppose she has the first initial first name as well does she ? If she does by any chance you just give her the card you ordered the tickets with and she can flash her own I’d/Driving licence
  • Or you just give her the card, she says she’s forgot her driving licence and your son with the same surname flashes his and says ‘I’m her husband, will this do’

• I've been to plenty of gigs where you need to bring photo ID.
    It's checked half the time and not asked for half the time (which doesn't really help).
    I'd ring Ticketmaster and beg them if necessary, to perhaps e mail you, a permission for you son & daughter to take their ID as they will see it's the same, slightly uncommon surname.

If they won't assist you have 3 options.

1 They take a chance that no ID is asked for, but apart from taking their ID, they could take a note from yourself, together with your photo ID & credit card.

2 Ask for a refund

3 You go with them (with your ID) explain at the door, but you don't go in.

Best of luck.

• I agree with @letthegoodtimesroll. Give your daughter in law the card, which doesn’t have your photo on, and let her flash her own photo ID. The fact she has the actual card that payment was made with and photo ID with the same surname should get them through. I doubt anyone will scrutinise them enough to check initials as it will be busy.
  • I’m pretty certain I bought my mrs some Rihanna or Beyoncé front of stage bollox that id/ credit card was required when they picked them up on the night .
    I rang through and said I wouldn’t be going and I’m pretty certain they said to give the wife all the paper work, my credit card and possibly I gave her my driving licence as well and that was with ticketmaster or one of them .
  • Ring Ticketmaster and get them changed into one of your family names. They will agree but will ask said person also to ring up afterwards
  • @Rothko went last week. He may be able to advise on the security ID check? And @Curb_It has been too?
  • You won't be the first person to buy tickets as a gift - I reckon it will be OK because:
    they are trying to stop touting, and 3 of your 4 tickets are within the guidelines.
  • It was all very tricky for my ticket purchases. The lawyers at work wanted to buy them for mine and one other's Christmas present. So they borrowed my credit card and bought them with that!! Yes really... they did reimburse me, eventually. Ludicrous price. My credit card also expired in the 13 months we had to wait but i got an email telling me to update it on the ticket purchase log in thing.

It really is fairly strict. Im sure i took along my passport.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's why I put cash in a birthday card and they can buy thier own tickets
  • You won't be the first person to buy tickets as a gift - I reckon it will be OK because:
    they are trying to stop touting, and 3 of your 4 tickets are within the guidelines.

Yes, you are not doing what they are trying to stop. You would think if they had your card, that should be enough though! Touts aren't going to give people their cards!
  • How about ringing them the day before and saying you have caught the Flu.
  • I agree with @letthegoodtimesroll. Give your daughter in law the card, which doesn’t have your photo on, and let her flash her own photo ID. The fact she has the actual card that payment was made with and photo ID with the same surname should get them through. I doubt anyone will scrutinise them enough to check initials as it will be busy.

Afraid not - they really are that strict. They have machines to print your 'ticket' as you enter but it has to be the same card you bought with (unless previously notified of old card expiry etc) and they check against the photo ID so it has to match. They're equally strict about your whole party entering at the same time, so if one of you is delayed on the train it's tough - three of you are waiting outside.

I wouldn't risk trying any sleight of hand/name tricks tbh, as you run the risk of all your tickets getting cancelled. They must have a process for this eventuality and phoning them asap (or better still, visiting the Box Office) is a must, but otherwise you might well have to trek up with card in hand and explain the situation on the door. If you do have to, get there early - 6.30pm - as this insane process does take forever and there are obviously people who do the usual turn up at 7.15 and get a shock when they see the size of the queues to get in.

Sorry...but if it's any consolation, if they get in ok your group will have a fantastic time. The show is brilliant!

Afraid not - they really are that strict. They have machines to print your 'ticket' as you enter but it has to be the same card you bought with (unless previously notified of old card expiry etc) and they check against the photo ID so it has to match. They're equally strict about your whole party entering at the same time, so if one of you is delayed on the train it's tough - three of you are waiting outside.

I wouldn't risk trying any sleight of hand/name tricks tbh, as you run the risk of all your tickets getting cancelled. They must have a process for this eventuality and phoning them asap (or better still, visiting the Box Office) is a must, but otherwise you might well have to trek up with card in hand and explain the situation on the door. If you do have to, get there early - 6.30pm - as this insane process does take forever and there are obviously people who do the usual turn up at 7.15 and get a shock when they see the size of the queues to get in.

Sorry...but if it's any consolation, if they get in ok your group will have a fantastic time. The show is brilliant!
    Many thanks, guys.

Unfortunately, @kielyskickingboots post reflects the scenario I expect.

I had gone through all the other options shared & had concerns about them all, I'm afraid.

I'll now discuss with our daughter to make a decision on the best way to go forward with this.

Don't suppose any Lifers work for Ticketmaster or on the door at the theatre ?
  • They are super strict on the door, all ID is checked and no ticket till your in the Victoria Palace. But call ticketmasters and explain; by all accounts they will make changes where there is other choice and transfer the tickets
  • Rothko said:

They are super strict on the door, all ID is checked and no ticket till your in the Victoria Palace. But call ticketmasters and explain; by all accounts they will make changes where there is other choice and transfer the tickets

Aw thanks, @Rothko.

I was hoping for a comment from you as I knew you had attended last week or so.

Time to gird my substantial loins and call TM.

Wish me luck !
  • Don’t waste your shot
  • Lucky you aint a Millwall fan or you'd also have to pick the tickets up at a service station near Luton first.
  • Rothko said:

They are super strict on the door, all ID is checked and no ticket till your in the Victoria Palace. But call ticketmasters and explain; by all accounts they will make changes where there is other choice and transfer the tickets

Aw thanks, @Rothko.

I was hoping for a comment from you as I knew you had attended last week or so.

Time to gird my substantial loins and call TM.

Wish me luck !
    Good luck Fanny, I hope you get it sorted out, and they have a great time
  • Sponsored links:

• See you there Mrs F, any chance of a hug? ;)
  • Well done.
  • So straight forward when common sense is applied
  • I went a couple of weeks ago and it was superb. You should have bumped the least favoured in-law in-laws gone yourself.
  • That comment was for your benefit, @DaveMehmet ....

Hope to be in Crossbars from around 6ish, @T_C_E.

Look forward to seeing you.
  • Rothko said:

Don’t waste your shot

I want to be in the room when it happens...
  • That comment was for your benefit, @DaveMehmet ....

Hope to be in Crossbars from around 6ish, @T_C_E.

Look forward to seeing you.

Outside collecting for Breastcancerawareness with Valli, West stand parking for my van but not going to the game. ;)