Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Barnsley

123457»

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

Harry After. Elliott. Randolph. Shelvey.

All half decent, at least, for us
    But had their detractors. I often posted that Shelvey wouldn't make it cos too slow. Glad to be proved wrong. Arter - never played man's football. Elliott - too fat. Randolf stays on line.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game. Thought we'd struggle as Barnsley have been playing well. As it was, we were on the front foot and definitely a step up from the last couple of games I've seen.
    Ref was atrocious, but for once all he cost us was a winning margin of 3-0. Looking forward to Tuesday
  • Options
    Very enjoyable game to watch, though I thought Barnsley were particularly poor in the final third.

Thought the team played well as a whole, Djiksteel, Bielik and Taylor standing out most for me as well as the goalscorer Grant. Special mention to Steer who looked much more comfortable and commanding of his area.

Fosu in his brief cameo was as frustrating as he was exciting, I'm looking forward to when it clicks again for him.
  • Options
    The difference a ball playing centre half (Bielik) makes.
    Bringing it out, drawing the opposition to him, creates so much space for midfield to get the ball and in turn give to our strikers to go at the opposition. Something Sarr and Pearce won't do.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Bringing it out, drawing the opposition to him, creates so much space for midfield to get the ball and in turn give to our strikers to go at the opposition. Something Sarr and Pearce won't do.

To me it was his defensive qualities that stood out when comparing him to Sarr. The blocks, the physical presence, the marking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Referee: finnicky, prima donna, error strewn, fortunate not to corrupt the result like last time, a blight requsite of excision from the game

Steer: decent all around performance, if largely untroubled
    Dijksteel: really looked the part at rb
    Bielik: genuine quality, hopefully his fitness returns and remains robust
    Pearce: back to his old self
    Solly: dependable defender
    Reeves: took a few good corners, huff puffed and contributed little else, one preposterously overhit thru ball would be forgivable but to repeat and repeat is the work of a clown, can't tackle, can't run, can't justify continued selection
    Aribo: decent first half, on another day the ball drops nicely and he scores a couple, 2nd half quieter
    Cullen: resolute in the ugly unglamorous grafting upon which so much depends, finds a decent pass too
    Ward: valuable link from middle to front, why subbed so early?
    Taylor: excellent, industrious, passionate, an example to most
    Grant: too quick for Barnsley's comfort and took the 2 chances well, more of Taylor's industry and he'll be right up there in this division
    Fosu: even allowing for the difficulty in getting up to speed as a sub, this was a low charged performance, 30 minutes to show LB he shouldn't favour Reeves, TF opts to mooch about instead

Lapslie: n/a
    Sarr: the gulf between him and Bielik is almost a whole other sport, there's no doubting Naby's sincerity but man he is pony, a more terrifying quarter hour have I rarely witnessed.
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

To me it was his defensive qualities that stood out when comparing him to Sarr. The blocks, the physical presence, the marking
    So basically, defending : - )
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The standing ovational round of applause that Reeves received as he came off would suggest your opinion of him is somewhat bollox.
  • Options

The standing ovational round of applause that Reeves teeived as he came off would suggest your opinion of him is somewhat bollox.

Thundercock always decides someone is shit and he can subsequently do nothing to convince him otherwise. JBG was my favourite example
  • Options

The standing ovational round of applause that Reeves teeived as he came off would suggest your opinion of him is somewhat bollox.

His time wasting was certainly a thing of beauty!!

Would have been foaming at the mouth had he been an opponent with Charlton losing or drawing, yet the fact it took him a few minutes to even move when his name was called by Brian Cole and then walk in an L shaped route rather than crossing directly to the bench was a great sight to watch... Felt sure that the referee was going to book him a few times
  • Options
    The micro match report in today's Mirror nailed it in my opinion with Daniel Stendel's understatement.

"We played welll- but only up to the 18 yard box."
  • Options

Referee: finnicky, prima donna, error strewn, fortunate not to corrupt the result like last time, a blight requsite of excision from the game

Steer: decent all around performance, if largely untroubled
    Dijksteel: really looked the part at rb
    Bielik: genuine quality, hopefully his fitness returns and remains robust
    Pearce: back to his old self
    Solly: dependable defender
    Reeves: took a few good corners, huff puffed and contributed little else, one preposterously overhit thru ball would be forgivable but to repeat and repeat is the work of a clown, can't tackle, can't run, can't justify continued selection
    Aribo: decent first half, on another day the ball drops nicely and he scores a couple, 2nd half quieter
    Cullen: resolute in the ugly unglamorous grafting upon which so much depends, finds a decent pass too
    Ward: valuable link from middle to front, why subbed so early?
    Taylor: excellent, industrious, passionate, an example to most
    Grant: too quick for Barnsley's comfort and took the 2 chances well, more of Taylor's industry and he'll be right up there in this division
    Fosu: even allowing for the difficulty in getting up to speed as a sub, this was a low charged performance, 30 minutes to show LB he shouldn't favour Reeves, TF opts to mooch about instead

Lapslie: n/a
    Sarr: the gulf between him and Bielik is almost a whole other sport, there's no doubting Naby's sincerity but man he is pony, a more terrifying quarter hour have I rarely witnessed.

i think you may be exagerating a little there.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Thundercock always decides someone is shit and he can subsequently do nothing to convince him otherwise. JBG was my favourite example
    As opposed to someone that decides someone is godly against all rationale ?
  • Options

His time wasting was certainly a thing of beauty!!

Would have been foaming at the mouth had he been an opponent with Charlton losing or drawing, yet the fact it took him a few minutes to even move when his name was called by Brian Cole and then walk in an L shaped route rather than crossing directly to the bench was a great sight to watch... Felt sure that the referee was going to book him a few times
    I actually thought the ref was going to offer Reeves a piggy back to get him off sooner.