Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views: Charlton v Barnsley

Comments

• Never a foul from the corner, ever.

How the fck Sky app said barnsley had 17 shots is beyond me.

Great performance.

Cov and Scunthorpe games were a pain but kept faith another day we'd have beat them both 4 nil and be 2nd now.
  • Good performance - pity Taylor didn't bury his chance after another excellent display.

Awful referee yet again who tried to ruin the flow of the game. Still not clear about the disallowed goal?

Dijksteel played much better today but both him and Solly suffer from a lack of cover. We still struggle to retain possession.

Barnsley look a decent side to me so to score 2 goals and keep a clean sheet is a good days work.

Whatever our faults are we're entertaining to watch and play some good attacking football at times. We looked less fragile with Bielik starting.

Not Steer's biggest fan but I thought he played well today and seemed a lot quicker with his disteibution. Pleased for him.

Roll on Tuesday.
  • Taking the piss Charlton style, give Barnsley another corner... how many corners did we give them and if we gave them the same amount of corners again could they score from one ?
  • No idea of the kid for quid impact (been a hard sell in recent years) but felt noticeably more people in ground today
  • The corners from Reeves seemed a lot more dangerous today .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Felt having Bielik back today gave us a lot more stability at the back. As much as I think Sarr is good with the ball, he didn’t fill me with confidence when he came on for those final few minutes. For the balance of the back for, I see a difference when he plays at the back
  • edited October 2018

No idea of the kid for quid impact (been a hard sell in recent years) but felt noticeably more people in ground today

Probably a wild guess that’s off the mark but I suspect that’’s because it was full of students waving a voucher that had ‘free drink’ on it
  • Kids for a quid made a decent difference, I met a dad from welling juniors and he had 10 in who wouldn’t normally go.

Great game though and other than their free kick there wasn’t much from them and we could have had a couple more.

Loved it
  • If we play like this we have to make the playoffs - nice to see us playing some decent stuff.

• kellycafc said:

Pretty sure that goal from corner crossed the line

Pretty sure it didn't.
  • Great win for Accrington today, this season's Shrewsbury. Posh are still 2nd, but you sense that they're being found out a bit now
  • Well done to the team for an excellent performance, and well done to Bowyer for getting the team and tactics right. We really exploited the lack of pace in their defence with the early ball, while the back 4 looked really solid, with Bielik excellent and Djiksteel having his best game for ages at RB. Lyle worked so hard, he gave their defence so many problems, a massive shame he missed that sitter

I hope Bielik will be ok for Tuesday, as Sarr had a bit of a nightmare when he came on,

I’d play Pratley at centre half against Oxford if Bielik is our
  • Sponsored links:

• Great win for Accrington today, this season's Shrewsbury. Posh are still 2nd, but you sense that they're being found out a bit now

Yeah crazy the run they're on

Suspected them to put in a good fight (like AFC Wimbledon when they won the Play-Offs) but not this week

Dont know if this years Shrewsbury will be Accrington or Doncaster though
  • Great win against a Barnsley side that looked the best team we have played this season. Yet despite all their quick fast passing our defending was excellent and we restricted them mainly to long shots and wild crosses.
    Was worried before we scored as they were outnumbering us in midfield and I thought LB would have to change our formation. However the benefit of the diamond showed for the goal allowing Ward to be higher up the pitch and in space to be able to get the ball and then play a sublime pass to Karlan. Great finish then. In fact our strikers and in particular Karlan's pace caused them problems all afternoon as we got a very deserved win. But my, how hard did we have to work for it.
  • A strange game I thought. Barnsley have the potential to win this league.
    I saw them beat Luton 3-2 last week, when they could easily have scored 6.
    They won at Peterboro 0-4 a couple of weeks ago. Peterboro's only defeat this season (I think).
    Barnsley dominated possession looked the better team (for me) and yet created little.
    Charlton run out 2-0 winners and Taylor missed a sitter near the end to make it 3. Strange game.
    Well done Charlton. Great win.

PS I thought perhaps a big difference was having the solid Bielik at the back in place of Sarr.
    Also, a very well done to Steer, who saved every shot and caught or punched clear every cross.

This.
    Thought Barnsley were the better team - much more composed and their teamwork was good - without creating much. We played very much on the break as we didnt create very much from open play.
    Thought Bielik was good - broke up most at the back. Grant also - first goal was quality.
  • Great match thread. Obviously the result helps but a bit Thank You to all who posted.
  • Great performance from everyone today, despite the unbalanced back 4, Pearce and Bielik were superb.

We have a real opportunity to kick on with the next 2 games this week and cement a position in the top 6

Hope we get a better than normal midweek crowd on Tuesday with half term and Robinson’s return, the players deserve it
  • I have to admit I’ve long since lost any enthusiasm for midweek games but after today’s performance the thought of Tuesday nights encounter against a team whose Manager’s tactics we consider to be a bit one-dimensional and inflexible is definitely getting the old juices going...
  • Great win, boys done great. We have a very good strike force with them two, really enjoying watching them.

The disallowed goal from the corner was well over the line yet the Lino wasn’t going to give it. No idea if the foul the ref gave for was justified or not.

Aribo had another strong game for me and Bielik improves our defence when there.

Happy weekend, love it when we win

Once again Taylor plays everywhere but upfront