Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So, it's as I said all along.
    The Aussies don't have sufficient consortium members that are willing to pay the agreed price.
    (They possibly did have/thought they did have, when wearing the scarves).
    The Aussies also haven't provided proof of funds to the EFL.

Alternatively, if they have, there is no sense that the price is agreed, they have the consortium and money required, but for no apparent reason, have just not completed the process that they started with the EFL.

• Funny handshake brigade innit?
  • edited October 2018
    My view is that £40M is too much for CAFC.

And...

I don't want any owner that is troubled by paying £40M....

Because it will cost another £100-200M to get us to the PL given annual losses, transfers, upgrading stands and the training ground, similar to what it cost Brighton and Leicester's owners. Wolves spent £60M in two years just to get from the Championship plus built a new stand and spent £35M on making their academy Category One.

Thus, if the Aussies struggle to find £40M now.... then they really don't have what it takes to be anything other than (at best) just another run of the mill League One owner. Which I really don't want. I am tired of settling for mediocre potential owners just so we get someone other than RD.

I want owners who do more than talk about "ambition" and wear scarves but also actually have the resources and an actual willingness to spend the money to get us to the PL.
  • edited October 2018

My view is that £40M is too much for CAFC.

And...

I don't want any owner that is troubled by paying £40M....

Because it will cost another £100-200M to get us to the PL given annual losses, transfers, upgrading stands and the training ground, similar to what it cost Brighton and Leicester's owners. Wolves spent £60M in two years just to get from the Championship plus built a new stand and spent £35M on making their academy Category One.

Thus, if the Aussies struggle to find £40M now.... then they really don't have what it takes to be anything other than (at best) just another run of the mill League One owner. Which I really don't want. I am tired of settling for mediocre potential owners just so we get someone other than RD.

I want owners who do more than talk about "ambition" and wear scarves but also actually have the resources and an actual willingness to spend the money to get us to the PL.

We are not a premier league club, you know that right? I would happily settle for championship football, have you seen how competitive it is now days.

Some of our fans still seem to think we deserve to be in the premier league, that was over 10 years ago.
  • I agree with NapaAddick, I want owners who have the kind of money to get a club into the top of the Championship and possibly the Prem. Just to get us into the Championship and keep the club there for say 5 years will cost them £100 -£150 million, so £40 million is a small fraction of what is required. Football is now a billionaire's plaything.
  • EastStand said:

You're trying to buy a house for 250,000. You know you're going to need to spend an extra few 100 thousand once you've got it as the roof needs fixing, the boiler needs replacing and the bathroom could do with updating (green bathtub, no thanks).

Your estate agent says its worth 250,000, the owner's estate agent says it's worth 250,000, the owner wants 750,000. You refuse to pay that.

It doesn't mean you "don't have the money" and no one in their right mind would blame you for not coughing up the extra cash.

But a run down, seen better times, half the fanbase has fucked off football club...

The trouble with your house analogy, is how can they have refused to pay the sale price because it is too high ?
    They have agreed to pay it and said they agreed to pay it, in the joint statement that was put out on the OS.
    It makes no sense to say they refuse to pay a price that they have agreed.
    Especially, when we are told there is a structure in place re player transfers etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Roland in London?? If not I passed his absolute doppelgänger this afternoon in Kensington
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Is Roland in London?? If not I passed his absolute doppelgänger this afternoon in Kensington

Yes he is going to the game tomorrow
    Not when he finds out he can’t buy a ticket without paying Kat-tax, that’s enough to put anyone off...
  • You work in an acquarium earning little money but always wanted to buy a house, as you could never realistically buy one you have not looked before and have little idea of value.

Flying out of City airport on hols one day you spot the house of your dreams, inquire when you get home and are told it is yours for 770,000; not wanting to miss out you agree. It is lovely and shiny on the outside, in the right location and has a history of finding the odd gold nugget in the garden.

Fortunately your mates are loaded, one is a voyeur and you tell him he is welcome around any time with his squeeze for sex on the back lawn if he helps you with the purchase, one has just sold his busines for stacks and just wants to watch sport for ever more, you tell him he can watch your kids play footy in the back garden whenever he wants if he helps you out. The third is trying to lose weight, you promise that if he helps, you will never feed him more than 14 chips and each time he wants a beer make him queue until he loses interest and doesn’t bother.

All ready to go, you start the legal and valuation work.

Then your pals want to visit, the voyeur notices the back garden is waterlogged and a little worn out, he doesn’t think the house is worth more than 200k and pulls out; your sports mad mate goes to watch your kids play but then finds you sold one that morning and quite a few of the others are just visiting, he doesn’t think the house is worth more than 200k and pulls out, the man on a diet finds no one else there, no queue for the beer so drinks loads of calories and heads off smashed he says he is still interested but you can’t get hold of him.

fortunately the senile seller seems happy to wait around for you to buy even though he does not live there, hasn’t visited since his niece (who was renting) moved out, and pays council tax, utilities and plenty on security bills for no obvious benefit.

Not perturbed you head to Wonga but they go bust, so you approach a Russian, but his mate is not keen on him investing in this opportunity. You know a chubby fella trying to sell his huge mansion who maybe interested but that seems to be taking a long time....

• fecking "2 weeks" strange feels more like 8 months
  • Scoham said:

“It’ll be done once AFKA sorts out his shed”

I’ve still not sorted the shed btw...
  • Scoham said:

“It’ll be done once AFKA sorts out his shed”

I’ve still not sorted the shed btw...
    Don’t blame you. Probably full of false widows
  • fecking "2 weeks" strange feels more like 8 months

Mate could be 8 yrs

The fucking aussies ain’t got no money
  • EastStand said:

You're trying to buy a house for 250,000. You know you're going to need to spend an extra few 100 thousand once you've got it as the roof needs fixing, the boiler needs replacing and the bathroom could do with updating (green bathtub, no thanks).

Your estate agent says its worth 250,000, the owner's estate agent says it's worth 250,000, the owner wants 750,000. You refuse to pay that.

It doesn't mean you "don't have the money" and no one in their right mind would blame you for not coughing up the extra cash.

But a run down, seen better times, half the fanbase has fucked off football club...

The trouble with your house analogy, is how can they have refused to pay the sale price because it is too high ?
    They have agreed to pay it and said they agreed to pay it, in the joint statement that was put out on the OS.
    Especially, when we are told there is a structure in place re player transfers etc.
    It does if “they” are divided among themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• EastStand said:

If that's the case "they" haven't agreed a price and both parties have lied in the joint statement.
    Alternatively, the sale price is no longer agreed and we haven't been told.
  • EastStand said:

If that's the case "they" haven't agreed a price and both parties have lied in the joint statement.
    Alternatively, the sale price is no longer agreed and we haven't been told.
    I think they agreed the price but then found they couldn’t follow through, while RD is clinging on to them because he knows Muir has the money if he chooses to put it on the table and no one else will.

Why anyone would expect RD to handle this process prudently I have no idea. Look at the evidence of everything he has done and said.
    I agree.
  • More desparate house buying analogies. The final ignomy in this turgid and tragic thread.
  • If it ever happens, Roland will remove every light bulb before he buggers off ..you can count on that.
  • If it ever happens, Roland will remove every light bulb before he buggers off ..you can count on that.

You mean that he'll get one of his lackies to remove every light bulb.
    I doubt if he even wipes his own arse.
  • I wonder if this comment on Wyn Grant's blog is about to become the dying embers of the Aussie bid... No Aussie takeover claim
    While I was enjoying my brunch this morning at the GMT café in East Greenwich, I was approached by an informant wearing a wide brimmed hat. Despite this mode of dress, I recognised him as a reliable source.

He told me that the Australian takeover of Charlton was over. The consortium of twenty was not able to agree what their respective roles should be with all of them wanting a share of the action. Andrew Muir could afford to buy the club himself, but did not wish to do so.

My confidence in the consortium evaporated like the Murray-Darling river some time ago. However, there is no one else who is credible on the horizon as far as I can tell.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!