Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 19 (The Computer Game)

Comments

• Options

Torn between getting Aguero and Aubameyang.

Thoughts?

Have you tried Kane? He is immense this year
  • Options

come on then chaps fess up, who has spent the most on packs on here?

Dont buy packs, played a few games FUT the other day but connection threw me out, teams i were playing were ridiculous wish it matched you to similar overall team. Still get a few wins against them but it does get a bit silly.

Career mode, finished first season 2nd , quarter final lost to Wolves Emirates cup, went out early in other cups (half deliberate). Taylor 22 goals, Grant 13, Prattley 9. Just about to start 2nd season signed Brewster, Rowe, Italian keeper from Milan 19 years old as good as Phillips so will be new no1 lots of potential.
    It matches you against people with similar skill. Much better than matching with similar teams.
    It’s not 100% but you should come up against players of a similar level to you much more often this year. The whole matchmaking system is geared towards it.
    I know this, although i find it odd how people similar level have such ridiculous teams. Where as mine is like a BPL reserve side, need to put more hours in but my connection was dodgy so went over to career mode.
    alicwkd said:

I've got split personality on this one. When I play on CM I enjoy it, doing well, although does annoy me how under-powered pace is this year.

On Pro Clubs with my mates its infuriating. It's impossible to defend it feels, crossing is totally cack, you can't get the ball over the defenders and when you do they pull out a last minute over head kick clearance when they're a 6' 4" lump. Corners just don't seem to work when we used to score for fun from corners, and our players feel 100x worse than their players to me at the moment. Can't work out what's going wrong but can barely score. Also think that defending is rubbish on this game. Standing tackle is slow and unresponsive by the time your player puts his foot out, the other players moved another 5 yards, and its really boring just trying to park as many players behind the ball as possible but it seems to be the only way to defend.

I'm with you mate. Played a good 40-50 games now desperately trying to like it and I just can't.

There's lots of little niggles that annoy me more than they probably should. But I can get over them, it's always been the case with FIFA. (No game is perfect). But IMO there are some massive fundamental flaws with the gameplay this year which are really holding it back for me.

The way defenders catch up and shrug you off the ball instantly when you've burst through. For me this is EA implementing a quick fix to stop the ridiculous levels to which you could abuse pace in the past, rather than taking the time to actually balance the match engine.

Somewhat linked to this, it feels so hard to beat AI players with dribbling now. Granted, I've only really used lower league teams so maybe this is better with top players, but the AI seems totally clairvoyant. When I cut inside, they read it and step across me to get the ball. Try to dart down the outside, and they're in the right place for that. They always know what you're going to do! It feels like the AI as a whole is just quicker/ stronger in every single 50/50 situation.

Crossing has got worse as well. I either fail to get it off the floor and it's gets cleared by the first man. Or it goes sailing over everyone. And low crosses are even worse. I try to drill it across goal for an unmarked striker at the back post and it gets belted back to the halfway line.

Online is better as you're playing against other humans who actually make mistakes and can't ready everything you're going to do. But I find defending online to be almost impossible. I may just be expecting too much here. It is a game after all and the developers are obviously going to advantage attacking play. But it does feel like even very poor players are guaranteed several clear cut chances per game and there's not much you can do about it. I'm willing to concede that I'm probably just horrendous at defending!

In past years I've been able to lose a game and still feel like I've enjoyed it, even if it occasionally wound me up. This time around, I'm winning games comfortably and scoring shedloads of goals and still coming away feeling annoyed and totally dissatisfied. Think that speaks volumes really. All this said I'm still playing it, and I'm hoping once I've ranted a bit and come to terms with all these annoyances that I'll enjoy the game as I always have before.
    So much wrong with this post, crossing is fine. Sometimes its misplaced with the triple tap but i wouldn't say its that bad just need to get used to it.

You go on to say you are winning easy but not satisfied, yet you say about the defending and how hard it is to beat the players.

I've been playing on world class and finding it easy enough, not sure whether to move on to legendary just yet or just enjoy the game for now. Or try to play more online (if connection allows)

Personally i wasn't a huge fan but after maybe a few days worth once you get the feel of it, enjoy it now. Each to their own i guess, normally it takes a while to get into it but i like the fact pace isn't a huge factor. You can still beat players but hard to pull away from them, can be annoying but just something different.
  • Options
    Yeah I must admit, I'm confused by how hard you're finding some of it @alicwkd while winning the 'vast majority of matches' on Legendary.

I'm not even sure I will put it back up to Legendary any time soon, it was impossible to get the ball off of Rochdale. Fuck that.
  • Options
    I’m still struggling to win matches on Amateur level, God knows what would happen if I put it up to Legendary!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Just packed Kane and Sterling from an SBC.

Wow which SBC?
    League and Nation Hybrid
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Torn between getting Aguero and Aubameyang.

Thoughts?

Have you tried Kane? He is immense this year
    I did for a few games.

Went for Aguero and much prefer him
  • Options
    alicwkd said:

I've got split personality on this one. When I play on CM I enjoy it, doing well, although does annoy me how under-powered pace is this year.

On Pro Clubs with my mates its infuriating. It's impossible to defend it feels, crossing is totally cack, you can't get the ball over the defenders and when you do they pull out a last minute over head kick clearance when they're a 6' 4" lump. Corners just don't seem to work when we used to score for fun from corners, and our players feel 100x worse than their players to me at the moment. Can't work out what's going wrong but can barely score. Also think that defending is rubbish on this game. Standing tackle is slow and unresponsive by the time your player puts his foot out, the other players moved another 5 yards, and its really boring just trying to park as many players behind the ball as possible but it seems to be the only way to defend.

I'm with you mate. Played a good 40-50 games now desperately trying to like it and I just can't.

There's lots of little niggles that annoy me more than they probably should. But I can get over them, it's always been the case with FIFA. (No game is perfect). But IMO there are some massive fundamental flaws with the gameplay this year which are really holding it back for me.

The way defenders catch up and shrug you off the ball instantly when you've burst through. For me this is EA implementing a quick fix to stop the ridiculous levels to which you could abuse pace in the past, rather than taking the time to actually balance the match engine.

Somewhat linked to this, it feels so hard to beat AI players with dribbling now. Granted, I've only really used lower league teams so maybe this is better with top players, but the AI seems totally clairvoyant. When I cut inside, they read it and step across me to get the ball. Try to dart down the outside, and they're in the right place for that. They always know what you're going to do! It feels like the AI as a whole is just quicker/ stronger in every single 50/50 situation.

Crossing has got worse as well. I either fail to get it off the floor and it's gets cleared by the first man. Or it goes sailing over everyone. And low crosses are even worse. I try to drill it across goal for an unmarked striker at the back post and it gets belted back to the halfway line.

Online is better as you're playing against other humans who actually make mistakes and can't ready everything you're going to do. But I find defending online to be almost impossible. I may just be expecting too much here. It is a game after all and the developers are obviously going to advantage attacking play. But it does feel like even very poor players are guaranteed several clear cut chances per game and there's not much you can do about it. I'm willing to concede that I'm probably just horrendous at defending!

In past years I've been able to lose a game and still feel like I've enjoyed it, even if it occasionally wound me up. This time around, I'm winning games comfortably and scoring shedloads of goals and still coming away feeling annoyed and totally dissatisfied. Think that speaks volumes really. All this said I'm still playing it, and I'm hoping once I've ranted a bit and come to terms with all these annoyances that I'll enjoy the game as I always have before.
    Pretty much all of this, apart from I find against humans its even more infruriating. I quite enjoy the career mode, but online just feels impossible on Pro Clubs with my mates. We can barely win a game and won a lot on previous Fifa's, all my mates are already thinking of selling it.
  • Options
    Just started my season with Crystal Palace and hoping to win the prem within 4 seasons.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

dizzee said:

Just started my season with Crystal Palace and hoping to win the prem within 4 seasons.

Flag worthy
    Definitely, the only time it could be excusable if it was the only option in Alex Hunter career mode. Anyone done this yet? I usually start with this and then go career mode but went straight in.

Yesterday played about 6-7 games on FUT, over half my connection lost me the game. others i lost by one goal after 50/50 games lol not a good start online 10-3-8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

come on then chaps fess up, who has spent the most on packs on here?

Dont buy packs, played a few games FUT the other day but connection threw me out, teams i were playing were ridiculous wish it matched you to similar overall team. Still get a few wins against them but it does get a bit silly.

Career mode, finished first season 2nd , quarter final lost to Wolves Emirates cup, went out early in other cups (half deliberate). Taylor 22 goals, Grant 13, Prattley 9. Just about to start 2nd season signed Brewster, Rowe, Italian keeper from Milan 19 years old as good as Phillips so will be new no1 lots of potential.
    It matches you against people with similar skill. Much better than matching with similar teams.
    It’s not 100% but you should come up against players of a similar level to you much more often this year. The whole matchmaking system is geared towards it.
    I know this, although i find it odd how people similar level have such ridiculous teams. Where as mine is like a BPL reserve side, need to put more hours in but my connection was dodgy so went over to career mode.
    alicwkd said:

So much wrong with this post, crossing is fine. Sometimes its misplaced with the triple tap but i wouldn't say its that bad just need to get used to it.

You go on to say you are winning easy but not satisfied, yet you say about the defending and how hard it is to beat the players.

I've been playing on world class and finding it easy enough, not sure whether to move on to legendary just yet or just enjoy the game for now. Or try to play more online (if connection allows)

Personally i wasn't a huge fan but after maybe a few days worth once you get the feel of it, enjoy it now. Each to their own i guess, normally it takes a while to get into it but i like the fact pace isn't a huge factor. You can still beat players but hard to pull away from them, can be annoying but just something different.
    I was referring to online when I say I struggle with defening. Luckily I'm usually pretty good at scoring goals. Most of my games end 3-2/ 4-3 etc.
    JiMMy 85 said:

Yeah I must admit, I'm confused by how hard you're finding some of it @alicwkd while winning the 'vast majority of matches' on Legendary.

I'm not even sure I will put it back up to Legendary any time soon, it was impossible to get the ball off of Rochdale. Fuck that.

I find stuff like crossing and beating players with dribbling to be very hard now. I've got used to it and just try to score other ways but I find it fun playing that way. That is what is frustrating me, that I feel like I can't play how I want because crossing/ dribbling feel so difficult to do now. (At least for me anyway)

And yea lol, getting the ball back off the oppo on higher difficulties can be a bitch. Thats always been the case when you get to around legendary/ ultimate.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Anyway I won't ramble any more. Don't want to turn the thread into a debate about my experiences. Other people are obviously enjoying the game which is great.
  • Options
    alicwkd said:

Anyway I won't ramble any more. Don't want to turn the thread into a debate about my experiences. Other people are obviously enjoying the game which is great.

Its always good to get other peoples opinions :) ramble away its related to the topic
  • Options
    Rewards day.

Div 6 Tier 1 again so same as last week rewards wise. Don't know whether to take the tradeable lesser packs or the untradeables
  • Options
    Got promoted to the Championship, got a great young team... can't break down a single fucking defence. Lot my temper, raged quit, might never go back.

So I started playing Pro Clubs instead. Almost no stress at all doing that! Only thing I don't like is having to find a new team every time I want to play.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Got promoted to the Championship, got a great young team... can't break down a single fucking defence. Lot my temper, raged quit, might never go back.

So I started playing Pro Clubs instead. Almost no stress at all doing that! Only thing I don't like is having to find a new team every time I want to play.

Beg much? :wink:

I did have pro clubs previously with my mates/ cousins, if we pick up again this one ill let you know and you can get involved.
  • Options
    Miranda and Jorginho were the best I got , all untraceable
  • Options
    I've given it time, played about 30 games now. I can't stand this FIFA - I think there has been around 25 bicycle kicks scored both for and against its so stupid! And players will sponge foot strike a shot from 10 yards out and then rip a 40 yard strike into the top corner. I'm finally converting to PES
  • Options
    They've tailored the game specifically to YouTubers and pro gamers this year, everything about it is ridiculous, from the endless bicycle kicks to the insane way defenders fast forward to catch your player and then muscle him off the ball like he's a 4 year old. The game rewards relentlessly crossing the ball and spamming the shot button, scoring goals no longer feels fun, good or deserved, it just feels like to win you have to stoop to the same level as everyone else and exploit the game's overpowered elements
  • Options
    Got up to Division 3 in rivals. Every game is genuinely very hard.

Agree with the above, the fact it’s easier to score from 40 yards withy your CB than say a 1 on 1 with Aguero is stupid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've given it time, played about 30 games now. I can't stand this FIFA - I think there has been around 25 bicycle kicks scored both for and against its so stupid! And players will sponge foot strike a shot from 10 yards out and then rip a 40 yard strike into the top corner. I'm finally converting to PES

I haven't seen many, the odd one. When i first played first few games i was attempting them a bit accidentally but now not so much.
    sam3110 said:

They've tailored the game specifically to YouTubers and pro gamers this year, everything about it is ridiculous, from the endless bicycle kicks to the insane way defenders fast forward to catch your player and then muscle him off the ball like he's a 4 year old. The game rewards relentlessly crossing the ball and spamming the shot button, scoring goals no longer feels fun, good or deserved, it just feels like to win you have to stoop to the same level as everyone else and exploit the game's overpowered elements

I must be playing a different game to some, i score a few long shots but i wouldn't say anything more than you should.

Also not 40 yarders, just the usual just outside the box. Don't seem to get many free kicks / penalties.

Crosses again sometimes effective , sometimes not. I have played mostly career but even online its not much different. Maybe it depends on your style of play? i play build up/ fast passes with the odd go down the wings but never too often
  • Options

PS4? Wanna flog it?
  • Options
    Sales of this FIFA are down by 25% already...
  • Options

Sales of this FIFA are down by 25% already...

Heard that too.
    Very hard to judge as it only counts physical sales. More and more people download the game now.
  • Options
    Be back up again after Black Friday
  • Options
    Am disappointed as have never seen anything like that whenever I've played FIFA
  • Options

I don't ever intend to defend EA. I would much prefer they break away from the annual cycle and focus on releasing a game when it's good and ready (a la Nintendo). That said, Fifa players demand a more realistic game, but the nature of sports games doesn't allow for the level of realism we would like.

Life is just too damn complicated. So bugs and freaky things are going to happen - there are a billion games being played right now, some of the outcomes from those games are going to be bizarre and end up as funny videos online. They are not representative of the vast majority of games being played. But I do accept this year's seems to be more buggy than usual, and I wish EA cared more, or at least, they weren't allowed an exclusive licence. The lack of video game competition is the real problem IMO.

• Options

I had a game a couple of days ago whereby from the kickoff my opponent had the ball literally glued to his foot and was running around the pitch impossible to tackle. Lucky for me he ran off the end of the pitch instead of into the goal
  • Options
    For any lifers that take a pleasure out of profit on FUT, I have a blinder. (It's easier with the app as you have to rinse and repeat this one)

U can't search managers as easily on the market (not by name) so the market is more open to easy wins.

Sarri - can pick him up for 300-400 and sells pretty easily at 1.1k on buy it now price.

Guardiola - same as above but pay no more than 1.5k and sell for 2.1k.

Yes it's only 500-700 coins a time but I did half an hour buying them up last night and they have all sold today. About 45K up as a result (hello gabby Jesus....)

It's almost as much fun as the game!