Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Has he been playing at all this season?
  • Blessing in disguise for them. Benteke has been pants for years.
  • Well his goal tally whilst he's out will be exactly the same as when he was playing this season.

Three goals in his last 35 league games. We've got a full back that's done that in one.
  • Paul Lambert should be commended... How the hell did he get Benteke scoring so many goals for Aston Villa??
  • Addickted said:

Zaha out for a month with an abductor injury. Will miss Everton (a), Arsenal (h), Middlesbrough (a), Chelsea (a), Tottenham (h).

In a way it's a shame he'missing a really tough run of league games where they'd probably struggle anyway
  • They’d stay up if neither played for the rest of the season ffs
    Enough dross down there to keep them safe unfortunately

Sadly so true. Huddersfield and Cardiff will struggle to win a game all season and Southampton and Newcastle aren't much better.

Sadly so true. Huddersfield and Cardiff will struggle to win a game all season and Southampton and Newcastle aren't much better.
    And yet somehow you miss Fulham

• Sponsored links:

• Fulham have some decent attacking players so i think they will be ok once they sort their defence out, plus their owner will probably spend more in January.
  • Addickted said:

Zaha out for a month with an abductor injury. Will miss Everton (a), Arsenal (h), Middlesbrough (a), Chelsea (a), Tottenham (h).

Shame... Palace can afford to lose him for those games really - Its the likes of Cardiff and Huddersfield that you want him missing
  • If palarse fail to win any of the five games Zaha is missing they will be back in the mix.
    Their luck has to run out eventually.
  • with others the game he is missing they would struggle to get much from anyway, if it was against fellow relegation fodder then would be better,

although my bet of palace, hudds and cardiff to go down at 50/1 with a 10er on still has legs.
  • Addickted said:

Can't see them getting much from those 4 league games. Then a pretty tough run of games even when he returns.

Man U (a), Burnley (h), Brighton (a), West ham (a), Leicester (h), Man City (a), Cardiff (h), Chelsea (h), Wolves (a)

Can honestly only see them winning 2 or 3 at the most of those 13 games.
  • What's crucial I think is that they've now got a mindset of being unable to win a League game without the champion diver. Hopefully this will continue and could see them in trouble mentally.
  • edited October 2018

They’d stay up if neither played for the rest of the season ffs

I tend to ageee although from a pure stats perspective they sit on 7 points from 8 games having not got a point from anyone higher than 4th bottom so far and with their only 2 wins being a very narrow victory over Huddersfield and a narrow and lucky victory over Fulham
  • Dazzler21 said:

They’d stay up if neither played for the rest of the season ffs

And yet somehow you miss Fulham

Fair call having watched arsenal dismantle them big time. But funnily enough I think they will be alright once, as Chris from Sidcup says, they tighten up in defence. And they have a lot of new players at the moment - once they start gelling they can only improve.
  • We really need Ashley to sell Newcastle, as under him they will probably be the 3rd team going down. A new owner, and Rafa with some money to spend would surely keep the safe
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Hazard draws the fouls. He knows

if it was against fellow relegation fodder then would be better,

That isn't mutually exclusive. It's not like osmeone gave us a choice of games for him to miss and we chose poorly - the more games he misses the better. Especially as Palace have pulled out results against big clubs when we expected them to get trounced.

I understand as well as anyone why we try not to get too over-excited about the demise of these utter fucktards, but there is NO negative to Zaha being out. Quite the opposite - he's struggling to stay fit and when he comes back from this, history says he will be injured again before the season is out. And if it means they get tonked harder by that lot, then that's excellent for morale.

We just need Newcastle, Southampton and Fulham to do better than Palace and they're in deep, deep trouble. And I can see that happening. Because I will always believe in this. I have to.
    Thanks for cheering me up!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Hazard draws the fouls. He knows

if it was against fellow relegation fodder then would be better,

That isn't mutually exclusive. It's not like osmeone gave us a choice of games for him to miss and we chose poorly - the more games he misses the better. Especially as Palace have pulled out results against big clubs when we expected them to get trounced.

I understand as well as anyone why we try not to get too over-excited about the demise of these utter fucktards, but there is NO negative to Zaha being out. Quite the opposite - he's struggling to stay fit and when he comes back from this, history says he will be injured again before the season is out. And if it means they get tonked harder by that lot, then that's excellent for morale.

We just need Newcastle, Southampton and Fulham to do better than Palace and they're in deep, deep trouble. And I can see that happening. Because I will always believe in this. I have to.
    Southampton look really bad though.
  • It's not Mark Hughes fault though, well that was he says.
  • iaitch said:

It's not Mark Hughes fault though, well that was he says.

Never is.

To be fair, I was pleased when they won against the Stripeys. They do look crap, but then so do so many other Prem teams - hoping Palace can be the team who join Hudds and Cardiff who look like they're almost already down
  • Definitely Cardiff, Hudders and Saints are in the biggest danger - I’m shocked Saints didn’t do more this summer. All the signs were there for them last year and they got lucky. This year they will have to be even luckier.

I’d say Palace without Zaha are in exactly the same bracket as those three. Have you seen the stats on how they perform with him vs without? It’s utterly staggering. They’d have been relegated seasons ago.
  • Definitely Cardiff, Hudders and Saints are in the biggest danger - I’m shocked Saints didn’t do more this summer. All the signs were there for them last year and they got lucky. This year they will have to be even luckier.

I’d say Palace without Zaha are in exactly the same bracket as those three. Have you seen the stats on how they perform with him vs without? It’s utterly staggering. They’d have been relegated seasons ago.

Most penalties awarded in the last two seasons I believe and a lot of those penalties helped them win points.

Take away the diver and those penalties will stop too.

Ties in with things like not winning without him for two years. I'm amazed other teams just don't seem to have sussed this out about them.

Most penalties awarded in the last two seasons I believe and a lot of those penalties helped them win points.

Ties in with things like not winning without him for two years. I'm amazed other teams just don't seem to have sussed this out about them.
    I think they have, hence they go around kicking him. Allegedly :smiley:

A Palace twat on Reddit did point out to me that he hasn’t missed as many as you think, and the ones he did miss in that period were against top teams. It was hard to argue with his facts.

I don’t say this to defend them, but to help you avoid getting out-argued by a Palace twat in the way I did.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Definitely Cardiff, Hudders and Saints are in the biggest danger - I’m shocked Saints didn’t do more this summer. All the signs were there for them last year and they got lucky. This year they will have to be even luckier.

A Palace twat on Reddit did point out to me that he hasn’t missed as many as you think, and the ones he did miss in that period were against top teams. It was hard to argue with his facts.

I don’t say this to defend them, but to help you avoid getting out-argued by a Palace twat in the way I did.
    And how many Millwall fans listen to us when they tell us we haven't beaten them for 21 years is it? Or is it 10 games? which if played back to back would be 5 years. Cheap stats make easy headlines :smile: