Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

I see the Crown Prince is being linked with a bid for Man U. Share price went higher in the States on the back of the speculation.

If you mean MBS.... then imagine how scary it would be if you get called to his office!
  • If you mean MBS.... then imagine how scary it would be if you were a journalist and get called to his office!

Corrected for you!
  • Redhenry said:

I see the Crown Prince is being linked with a bid for Man U. Share price went higher in the States on the back of the speculation.

Didnt you link him with us?
  • Fumbluff said:

You have to go back about 1,000 pages for the Mark Curry rumours, he was heading up the first consortium with Yvette Fielding

Yeah, how do you do that? Scroll back say hundreds of pages without doing it a page at a time?

I think there was a Dr JJ Goodfortune (Nigeria) takeover rumour on or around page 1085 and I never got to see what happened subsequently.
    Use the search facility, top right corner.
    Thanks @coveredend - I found what I was looking for but earlier than page 1085.
    It was a very simple offer viz:

Hello and top of the evening to you my Charlton friends.

My name is Dr. Ju Ju Goodfortune and I was former director of football in my homeland of Nigeria. I am currently reside in Switzerland Geneve.

My employers gift to me as a sign of my good works $300 Million dollars and I would do good works in football in England. I am in London for to meet Prince Harry and take tea in Tower of London with him and I would like to buy Charlton.

I need your help my friends as I cannot bring $300 Million dollars to London. I respectfully ask you to help me my friends to send me your Bank details and I will transfer the millions of dolaars to you in Swiss francs and after tea I will collect from you and we buy Charlton from the bad man you have.

Please send now to drjjgoodfortune@creditsuisse.ch
    All who send will be repaid thousands fold when the Athletic play in Premiership TV.

CARLTON TIL I DO DIE !

Well, I can't believe this didn't happen!

Clearly, not enough fans invested in the offer. A clear plan for the purchase of the Club was laid out for us and instead we foolishly held on to the drowning man's straw in the mistaken belief that Roland would sell to one of the following:
    the Aussies, the other Aussies, a British Consortium, Red Bull, Al-Hasawi, Usmanov, Mike Ashley, Mark Curry, Micky Rourke, a random passer-by or a dead billionaire.

Well, hindsight is a wonderful thing - Dr Ju Ju Goodfortune - where are you now ?
    Probably where he always was, Nigeria.

• Fumbluff said:

You have to go back about 1,000 pages for the Mark Curry rumours, he was heading up the first consortium with Yvette Fielding

Yeah, how do you do that? Scroll back say hundreds of pages without doing it a page at a time?

I think there was a Dr JJ Goodfortune (Nigeria) takeover rumour on or around page 1085 and I never got to see what happened subsequently.
    Use the search facility, top right corner.
    Thanks @coveredend - I found what I was looking for but earlier than page 1085.
    It was a very simple offer viz:

Hello and top of the evening to you my Charlton friends.

My name is Dr. Ju Ju Goodfortune and I was former director of football in my homeland of Nigeria. I am currently reside in Switzerland Geneve.

My employers gift to me as a sign of my good works $300 Million dollars and I would do good works in football in England. I am in London for to meet Prince Harry and take tea in Tower of London with him and I would like to buy Charlton.

I need your help my friends as I cannot bring $300 Million dollars to London. I respectfully ask you to help me my friends to send me your Bank details and I will transfer the millions of dolaars to you in Swiss francs and after tea I will collect from you and we buy Charlton from the bad man you have.

Please send now to drjjgoodfortune@creditsuisse.ch
    All who send will be repaid thousands fold when the Athletic play in Premiership TV.

CARLTON TIL I DO DIE !

Well, I can't believe this didn't happen!

Clearly, not enough fans invested in the offer. A clear plan for the purchase of the Club was laid out for us and instead we foolishly held on to the drowning man's straw in the mistaken belief that Roland would sell to one of the following:
    the Aussies, the other Aussies, a British Consortium, Red Bull, Al-Hasawi, Usmanov, Mike Ashley, Mark Curry, Micky Rourke, a random passer-by or a dead billionaire.

Well, hindsight is a wonderful thing - Dr Ju Ju Goodfortune - where are you now ?
  • Wow this is getting really exciting again. It’s happening!

• I heard a different story.

When Chief Arthur Nzeribe heard about all this he immediately called your man. "Listen, son" he said, "there's only one Addick on this manor, and that's me, get the picture?" End of.
  • edited October 2018
    I met a colleague of mine from our base in Qatar last week. Told her to have a word with some of her rich Arabic mates.

Well it was worth a try!
  • Solidgone said:

Wow this is getting really exciting again. It’s happening!

Unfortunately not!

I have just heard from Dr Goodfortune and he no longer considers us his friends. Evidently, only two fans signed up.

in his own words:
    " You are not my friends.
    After my teatime with Prince Harry only Mr Todds-right- hook and Mr Joeaddick were promising me funding. I was going to Belgique to buy Charlton from bad man but not enough even for Eurostar so I stay with my uncle Adebiyi in Peckham.
    I am not happy man and no longer Carlton til I do die".

So there you have it - another potential buyer has faded out of the picture.

Gutted!
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

Yes
  • Redhenry said:

CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

Yes
    From us to Man utd is some gear change!

Did they put an offer in for us or were they just surveying all UK clubs that were available?
  • Redhenry said:

CAFCsayer said:

Redhenry said:

Yes
    From us to Man utd is some gear change!

Did they put an offer in for us or were they just surveying all UK clubs that were available?
    They want a volunteer to go and discuss it at their London embassy, conditions are, don’t wear an Apple Watch
  • Dazzler21 said:

Are Man U cheaper than our asking price?

We are in London, Roland charges a premium for that
  • as long as it is not us.
  • Are we being relocated to Scotland?
  • He is a Spurs fan isn't he? Why would he want to buy a club like that for??
  • Greenock Morton are managed by the original JJ...
  • Sponsored links:

• I hear from a good source, that he is looking for a London club, if / when he sells Newcastle.

• I heard he’s buying Blue Peter
  • edited October 2018
    Gillis said:

Fumbluff said:

I heard he’s buying Blue Peter

Quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter."

Needless to say, I had the last laugh.
    Lovely Stuff! When is your book being pulped?
  • I’d take Mike Ashley in a heartbeat!!
  • Can’t see it. No idea why but I just can’t see it.
  • Croydon said:

Rudders22 said:

as long as it is not us.

Why? Ashley could be great for us. Newcastle fans are annoyed they keep finishing mid table in the premiership, boo hoo.
    I'm inclined to believe Kevin Keegan's take on Mike Ashley. Here's an article summarising it very briefly:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/25/kevin-keegan-no-im-not-going-to-take-a-compliment-from-mike-ashley

'Things came to a head in 2008 after discovering Ashley’s cronies had bought the Spaniard Xisco for £5.7m despite never having seen him play, and signed the Uruguayan Ignacio González on loan as a “favour” to two South American agents.'

'[Keegan said] “I don’t know of a club that has been run as badly or with such disregard for people.”' (Well OK, I think we do)

Mike Ashley sounds very much like a British version of RD.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!