Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• £25 ew Mabs Cross at 14s.
    The last 3 horses I've backed have all gone down by the minimum distance of a nose.

Had Mabs Cross too - thought it had one st first. Gutted...
  • First race at Sandown tomorrow, Tizwotitiz, 25/1 so it really it was it is.
  • Admirable Art

3.40 Brighton

Tomorrow
  • Anyone been to the Arc de Triomphe before? Might be heading over
  • Driven round it a few times.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Anyone been to the Arc de Triomphe before? Might be heading over

Yes, 3 years ago - before Longchamp was redeveloped.
    A great occasion and should be even better with new grandstand. Loads of Brits make the journey over.
  • I said the same thing last year, but Enable - what a filly. So game from Sea of Class though
  • PaddyP17 said:

I said the same thing last year, but Enable - what a filly. So game from Sea of Class though

Not disputing Enable's class but I think you'd be disappointed if you'd backed the runner up given the issue that she had in coming from last and losing just enough momentum not to be able to challenge that bit sooner.
  • Had sea of class 40/1 ante post😢😢
  • Sponsored links:

• Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies - 2 November - Belafina.

Currently available at around 3/1 - it's a beast, definitely runs and will go off odds on. Expected to win.
  • Saw a picture of John McCririck in the paper this morning. Jesus he looks ill

Yeah, saw a picture of him the other day. Didn’t know it was him

Yeah, saw a picture of him the other day. Didn’t know it was him
    He's had flu and blames that, but I think it added to his depression from being dropped from C4 racing.
  • bobmunro said:

Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies - 2 November - Belafina.

Currently available at around 3/1 - it's a beast, definitely runs and will go off odds on. Expected to win.

5/2 with your lot so I presume this is pretty kosher info!
  • edited October 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

bobmunro said:

Virtually straight from the horse's mouth.
  • This looks like a good thing - currently off-course at the moment, but differently coloured fences are being trialled as it's been found horses see the markers indicating where a fence is differently. Welfare is paramount.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/45802534
  • 3.00 Yarmouth battle of Waterloo was 33/1 last night now backed into 3/1. Trainer was just on atr saying expects to win the race. Could be a bookie stitch up but worth a few quid
  • bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

bobmunro said:

@bobmunro Odds no longer offered on Bellafina at 365 - any reason...?
  • PaddyP17 said:

bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

bobmunro said:

@bobmunro Odds no longer offered on Bellafina at 365 - any reason...?
    Wait, ignore me, was looking at the Turf market. Confusing.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018

3.00 Yarmouth battle of Waterloo was 33/1 last night now backed into 3/1. Trainer was just on atr saying expects to win the race. Could be a bookie stitch up but worth a few quid

Hmmm, I think it's still running. Bookies win again. Amazing how many times that happens. Dodgy as fuck!!
  • edited October 2018

3.00 Yarmouth battle of Waterloo was 33/1 last night now backed into 3/1. Trainer was just on atr saying expects to win the race. Could be a bookie stitch up but worth a few quid

Hmmm, I think it's still running. Bookies win again. Amazing how many times that happens. Dodgy as fuck!!
    Unlike the other one the trainer had that went in the race before unbacked.
  • Any tips for Windsor today?
  • edited October 2018
    Farewell to a couple of wonder horses .. John Gosden is pretty sure that both Cracksman and Roaring Lion will not race again and will go to stud .. can't wait to see what their progeny will turn out to be like .. Cracksman son of Frankel and great grandson of Galileo (oh mama mia mama mia let me go) .. will the brilliance pass on to yet another generation ?
    (Sadler's Wells, Northern Dancer)
  • Farewell to a couple of wonder horses .. John Gosden is pretty sure that both Cracksman and Roaring Lion will not race again and will go to stud .. can't wait to see what their progeny will turn out to be like .. Cracksman son of Frankel and great grandson of Galileo (oh mama mia mama mia let me go) .. will the brilliance pass on to yet another generation ?
    (Sadler's Wells, Northern Dancer)

Has Gosden said that today ? It was reported in some of today's papers that the owners were keen to run Roaring Lion at Churchill Downs on 3rd November.
  • edited October 2018
    Believe he said it in interviews on itv Saturday

Definitely the case with Cracksman anyway
  • Has Masar officially been retired? Not run since winning the Derby.
  • iaitch said:

Has Masar officially been retired? Not run since winning the Derby.

He was injured in July and missed the Eclipse. Expected to run as a four year old.
  • edited October 2018

Believe he said it in interviews on itv Saturday

Definitely the case with Cracksman anyway

this ..