Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite seaside town in England.

Any undiscovered gems out there?

Comments

• Blackpool
  • Jaywick

Last went to Jaywick in 1980 - seemed pretty rundown back then. God knows what it's like now.
  • North Berwick is incredible, especially if you like gannet cruises, but it isn't in England. Still worth a mention
  • Southwold.

I reeeeeally want to go there. Tim Hunkin's Novelty Automation project (which everyone should visit - it's in Holborn) has its own pier there, and there are so many wildlife reserves nearby
  • Jaywick

Last went to Jaywick in 1980 - seemed pretty rundown back then. God knows what it's like now.
    You should have seen it in the middle 60's, nothing there, why did I go to a caravan site there? Put it down to youth
  • Bournemouth...
  • Sponsored links:

• Holkham beach - Norfolk

Hollywell bay - Cornwall
  • Local: Broadstiars
    Favourite: Lyme Regis
  • edited October 2018

Holkham beach - Norfolk

Hollywell bay - Cornwall

Holkham Beach is breathtaking - wish I lived closer.

Whitstable is my favourite local to London.
  • Robin Hood Bay
  • Clacton on sea or "Clackers" to the locals.
  • Always loved Hastings ever since I was a kid. My best friend moved down to Bridport in Dorset some 7 years' ago so try and get down at least twice a year. Lovely place, good pubs and GREAT beer, brewed in the town.
  • I would second Looe and Southwold. Looe is really scenic, with the river running through it, while Southwold is also attractive, too far from London to be full of commuters AND has the Adnams brewery in the middle of it and loads of Adnams pubs!

Lots of places in the West country are lovely, great walking.

Weymouth is a decent place too, less "urban" than Bournemouth and without the stag/hen nights. Lovely coastline around there.
  • Sponsored links:

• I love Padstow in Cornwall, doesn't really have its own beach so not sure if it counts though!
  • Another shout for Southwold.
  • As a boy we had a lot of holidays in Seaton, North Devon which I liked a lot, have not been back there for years, so do not know , what it is like now
  • I love Padstow in Cornwall, doesn't really have its own beach so not sure if it counts though!

Another nice place. You can access "proper" sea beaches not far away though, and it does have its own beach on the river estuary
  • I've heard @bobmunro has a holiday home which is next door to Harry Redknapp's mansion at Sandbanks - I'm sure he won't anyone popping down to enjoy the views from his back garden.
  • Broadstairs
  • Curb_It said:

Sandgate is my favourite local one.

Love Lulworth Cove.

Really want to go down to Lulworth Cove

I love Padstow in Cornwall, doesn't really have its own beach so not sure if it counts though!

Padstow is a lovely place as well, yet also like St Ives further down the coast
  • Woolacombe
  • Margate as a kid, not so great now.

Another vote for Whitstable.

Also, Westgate, lovely beach, only a couple of cafes and not much else which is perfect when all you want to do is relax.
  • Not really a town but the beach at Saunton Sands North Devon is one of the best anywhere