Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do you sing?

I do.
In my head and out loud.
I don't know why, I never ask.
Currently in my head is 'Ill wind' by Harold Arlen (I think).
Last week it was 'La Barca' (the Caetano Veloso version)

At times involuntary, and other times to make my world prettier.

Thought of this reading the 'World mental health day'.

Please forgive me if a similar topic exist.

Comments

• ...only when I’m winning :smile:
  • Badly. Very badly. Tone deaf and sound like a fog horn to put it mildly.
    I was born with a football terrace voice. Can hear me over everyone else.
  • All the bloody time, random songs most of the day. quite notorious for it at work, not saying i am any good just sing alot
  • yeah. do it without really noticing. like an old southern black woman back on the plantation, though I sound terrible.

I know what you mean about singing when you're feeling down, I also do it to cheer myself up sometimes. my go to one is to mimic Alan Partridge singing Kate Bush. always brings a smile to my face. either that or a theme song from some old programmes. like minder, likely lads, young ones etc..
  • Not since my prostate exam
  • I can clear a room in 10 seconds with my accapella version of My Old Man's a Dustman.
  • Yep.

Went to theatre school, did all my exams etc.

4 years ago or so I had a record deal put in front of me. Not long after that Lil Chris died who was on the label and it got pushed on the back burner and then never happened.

Hey ho.

Say What? Very sorry to hear, hopefully there is something else just round the corner.

Are you Rnb/Hip hop? how old are you ?

Fingers crossed for you
  • Curse of the western world: 'I can't sing'...
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, notorious with family and friends for singing at the drop of a hat. Often due to word association. Someone will say something and a song will come in to my mind. Unfortunately, very often I can only remember one line of the lyrics.
  • Yep.

4 years ago or so I had a record deal put in front of me. Not long after that Lil Chris died who was on the label and it got pushed on the back burner and then never happened.

Hey ho.

Say What? Very sorry to hear, hopefully there is something else just round the corner.

Fingers crossed for you
    Happens mate, what can you do. I'm 21 now.

I was classically trained for the theatre stuff but the deal was going to be in the pop/acoustic mould. Was in Dua Lipa's singing class for a few years - we were quite close at one point.

Is what it is, but the ship has sailed now I think.
  • I sing when driving alone in my car when in the mood- well maybe the poor dog is in it with me sometimes but he doesn't complain.
  • Yes, notorious with family and friends for singing at the drop of a hat. Often due to word association. Someone will say something and a song will come in to my mind. Unfortunately, very often I can only remember one line of the lyrics.

Sound like me haha :) although know alot of lyrics

Yep.

Hey ho.

Fingers crossed for you

I was classically trained for the theatre stuff but the deal was going to be in the pop/acoustic mould. Was in Dua Lipa's singing class for a few years - we were quite close at one point.

Thats fascinating, always alot of luck in music probably equivalent to football scouts etc. Never say never (in the words of Justin Bieber) , you never know!
  • I've had a mixed career in singing. At the age of 9, I was asked sing solo to the school in assembly because I was told my voice was so good. Before I had reached 10, I took part in a school event that involved the whole class and I was told to mime because my voice was so bad. It confused me, I think.

I've only performed karaoke on four occasions - all outside the UK. Once in Netherlands, I persuaded a friend to do the karaoke after several beers. Unknown to my friend, I chose a traditional Dutch song and tried to sing the words in Dutch. It started badly, got worse and by the end had the locals ready to kill us. We left quickly. The Dutch can swear better than any other nation in their second language.

I've not sung since except in private.
  • Love to sing,crap at it....but love a bit of kareoke.last time on holiday did (IN MY HEAD)A cracking twist and shout and angels..loads up dancing and singing,a few cherries I don't give a monkies
  • Hell yeah ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes - been a member of various small amateur a capella choirs for the past 45 years, singing music from every century from 15th to 21st, and in many styles and languages.

Have also joined with other choirs to perform works requiring a larger choir & orchestra - usually "from scratch" performances of an oratorio where you learn your part at home, have one rehearsal with everyone in the afternoon, and perform in the evening.

It has been a great hobby. Have sung in some very interesting venues, both home and abroad, & had a lot of laughs (and a few tears) along the way. All that breath control also helps keep you fit!
  • I sound like Tom Waits, with a sore throat
  • Davo55 said:

When I retired I took singing lessons every week for about 6 months, just to see if I could sing/improve my technique.

It worked.

I went from appalling to merely shit :smile:

More money than sense some folk...
  • Davo55 said:

When I retired I took singing lessons every week for about 6 months, just to see if I could sing/improve my technique.

It worked.

I went from appalling to merely shit :smile:

You really will do anything to keep you busy won't you?

French lessons, singing and pig throwing... :-)
  • Yep.

Hey ho.

Fingers crossed for you

Never. Grow a beard and join a folk club :smile:

• On my own and in the car, quite a lot.

Not at work; but instead I’m very good(?) at completing people’s sentences (or occassionally just a word or two) with a song lyric and being cursed for giving them an earworm...
  • Yep.

Hey ho.

What do you do now mate? You still in that game?

• I can hold a tune, but I can't carry one. And my breath control is rubbish.