Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katie Price/Jordan

Comments

• Normally about 2 weeks
  • Carter said:

Her mother's illness is awful, obviously and something I wouldn't wish on anyone having dealt with terminal illness in loved ones

As for her, I don't like her. I don't like the fact she has so shamelessly putting her life in tabloid magazines and newspapers and that has somehow become aspirational.

But it's her job and she's very good at it. She's earned millions with no talent what so ever.
  • Have to give her credit though, in an industry where there are tons of up and coming, younger models/reality tv stars appearing all the time, she's somehow made a career that has lasted into her 40s.

I imagine the shelf life of reality stars will continue to get shorter.
    Hopefully. These people are what impressionable kids believe they need to aspire to as that is "reality" when in fact their lives and looks are utterly fake and manufactured.

I see if first hand with my teenage step-daughters taking hundreds of selfies before they get the right one which they'll then delete of social media if they don't get enough likes!
  • I think anyone in her situation, or any other celeb for that matter, thst claim that their issues are down to PTSD is doing a great disservice to war veterans and the like who have seen their mates get blown to pieces in front of them.

perhsps she/they should do a stint in Helmand & then that might put their "troubles" into context.

That's not what PTSD is about.

You could have some veterans from your example who have been through the same experience but not go on to develop PTSD. Yes they would have an extreme, acute, reaction to the event but that's a normal reaction.

The diagnosis is based around certain symptoms that occur after the person has had an event/situation that they perceived to be traumatic. This can be a whole range of things from your example to abuse, accidents, traumatic childbirth, hearing the news that a loved one could be involved in a train crash and so on. It's not about putting events into some order of awfulness.
  • I think anyone in her situation, or any other celeb for that matter, thst claim that their issues are down to PTSD is doing a great disservice to war veterans and the like who have seen their mates get blown to pieces in front of them.

perhsps she/they should do a stint in Helmand & then that might put their "troubles" into context.

You could have some veterans from your example who have been through the same experience but not go on to develop PTSD. Yes they would have an extreme, acute, reaction to the event but that's a normal reaction.

The diagnosis is based around certain symptoms that occur after the person has had an event/situation that they perceived to be traumatic. This can be a whole range of things from your example to abuse, accidents, traumatic childbirth, hearing the news that a loved one could be involved in a train crash and so on. It's not about putting events into some order of awfulness.
    I think the point is that some celebs trivialise mental health issues in a bid for attention seeking.

I think the point is that some celebs trivialise mental health issues in a bid for attention seeking.
    That's possibly true of some celebs and some non celebs. I've not met many. In fact attention seeking behaviour, together with other symptoms can indicate certain psychiatric disorders.

My point was that the poster doesn't understand the diagnosis of PTSD.

I think some punters do as well in a bid for showing how aggressive they can be about someone who, they say, doesn't matter to them.
  • LenGlover said:

I am not condoning her behaviour in any way.

What I would say though is that she is a woman who has made her living one way or the other 'because of what she looks like' and at the age of 40 those looks will inevitably fade which will affect her earning power in the vain, shallow goldfish bowl within which she works. Impending bankruptcy in such circumstances must be daunting to cope with.

The pressures of a terminally ill parent are obvious.

Harvey is obviously a loved and well cared for child but his problems will inevitably mean that caring for him will sometimes be stressful and emotionally draining.

That's 3 big problems in her life at present and ongoing. I cannot help but wonder how some of the more vociferous of her critics would cope with just 1.

If you would cope well then you have my utmost respect. You are a lot more mentally resilient than I would be and have been in crisis situations even if I've not resorted to drink driving as an outlet.

Nobody does drink driving as a recreational pastime you madman! They get pissed, loosen up their rationality and logical thought and drive once inebriated!

• Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

LenGlover said:

What I would say though is that she is a woman who has made her living one way or the other 'because of what she looks like' and at the age of 40 those looks will inevitably fade which will affect her earning power in the vain, shallow goldfish bowl within which she works. Impending bankruptcy in such circumstances must be daunting to cope with.

Harvey is obviously a loved and well cared for child but his problems will inevitably mean that caring for him will sometimes be stressful and emotionally draining.

That's 3 big problems in her life at present and ongoing. I cannot help but wonder how some of the more vociferous of her critics would cope with just 1.

If you would cope well then you have my utmost respect. You are a lot more mentally resilient than I would be and have been in crisis situations even if I've not resorted to drink driving as an outlet.

Nobody does drink driving as a recreational pastime you madman! They get pissed, loosen up their rationality and logical thought and drive once inebriated!

Where have I suggested that they do?

That's possibly true of some celebs and some non celebs. I've not met many. In fact attention seeking behaviour, together with other symptoms can indicate certain psychiatric disorders.

PTSD as you said is complex. Regarding the discussion of mental health in society as a whole I do think it is trivialized by a number of public figures who use it for their own ends and as a way of getting attention - in some cases it's a cynical PR job.

PTSD as you said is complex. Regarding the discussion of mental health in society as a whole I do think it is trivialized by a number of public figures who use it for their own ends and as a way of getting attention - in some cases it's a cynical PR job.

Exactly
  • LenGlover said:

Carter said:

LenGlover said:

This bit

You are a lot more mentally resilient than I would be and have been in crisis situations even if I've not resorted to drink driving as an outlet

• edited October 2018
    Carter said:

LenGlover said:

Carter said:

LenGlover said:

This bit

You are a lot more mentally resilient than I would be and have been in crisis situations even if I've not resorted to drink driving as an outlet

Reading it again I can, at a stretch, see why you might read it that way but that wasn't what I meant at all.

When I'm down I become even more reclusive than I am normally so would not be in the frame of mind to go out for a drink in the company of others in a pub or at a party let alone take my car when I know I'll be drinking.

Everyone is different and some people like company in an attempt to pull themselves out of it so could find themselves in her position.

I guess I made the mistake of assuming other people are as misanthropic as I can be when I'm down and out.
  • LenGlover said:

Carter said:

LenGlover said:

Carter said:

LenGlover said:

This bit

Reading it again I can, at a stretch, see why you might read it that way but that wasn't what I meant at all.

When I'm down I become even more reclusive than I am normally so would not be in the frame of mind to go out for a drink in the company of others in a pub or at a party let alone take my car when I know I'll be drinking.

Everyone is different and some people like company in an attempt to pull themselves out of it so could find themselves in her position.

I guess I made the mistake of assuming other people are as misanthropic as I can be when I'm down and out.
    Don't think too much mate, I was taking the piss and being mischievous

I do think you are giving her more credit than she probably deserves, although I can smell the headline now "My drink drive shame" on some women's trash magazine

• buckshee said:

Dazzler21 said:

World mental health day being well respected in here tonight

The woman obviously has shit loads of issues most caused and bought on by herself no doubt but she ain’t well at all

Got to agree with this.

Drink driving is selfish, moronic and unforgivable in my opinion, but we can still show some empathy towards the struggle she's going through with a terminally ill parent.
    Trying to think of anytime since my Dad was diagnosed a few months back whether I’ve got pissed and smashed my car up.......nope, can’t think of any time that happened.
    Love the choice to cut the rest of what I said... Congratulations you deal with the grief differently to Katie Price.

Really sorry to hear your news and hope you get to cherish your time with your Dad.
  • No one can compare personal tragedy to that of any of individual you may be able to emphasize with the issue but not the action taken

But walk a day in that persons shoes and you may feel differently

Wealth fame celebrity life counts for nothing when the grey matter don’t do what it does so easily for Millions of others , and you start to breakdown and react in ways that seem totally irrational and irresponsible to others

This woman ain’t well and I reckon we will read about her harming herself pretty soon it’s like a car crash in slow mo that no one can stop

Any dislike or distaste I have for her persona is dwarfed by the symphathy I have to her plight of trying to keep her complete breakdown that is on the cards from happening

I hope she gets help and gets it soon her kids deserve better her mum and dad deserve better

She deserves better

She also needs to help herself - she's not the only person to go through a crisis. She needs to take some responsibility if she wants to get better.

She is still capable of making choices and it's insulting to a lot of mental health sufferers to imply that they can't.

I hope for her sake she sorts stuff out but that would probably involve a complete re-appraisal of her life.

• No one can compare personal tragedy to that of any of individual you may be able to emphasize with the issue but not the action taken

Wealth fame celebrity life counts for nothing when the grey matter don’t do what it does so easily for Millions of others , and you start to breakdown and react in ways that seem totally irrational and irresponsible to others

This woman ain’t well and I reckon we will read about her harming herself pretty soon it’s like a car crash in slow mo that no one can stop

Any dislike or distaste I have for her persona is dwarfed by the symphathy I have to her plight of trying to keep her complete breakdown that is on the cards from happening

I hope she gets help and gets it soon her kids deserve better her mum and dad deserve better

She deserves better

Whilst I agree with this to a certain extent, I feel she has made numerous 'poor choices' over many years for material gain. And the phrase 'her own worst enemy' springs to mind. We all have the option to make a choice about our actions and she is not choosing well. A lot of fake news for material gain too. PTSD is not the same as having a hard time because of your choices and putting yourself in the media and not liking where you've ended up
  • Sponsored links:

She deserves better

Whilst I agree with this to a certain extent, I feel she has made numerous 'poor choices' over many years for material gain. And the phrase 'her own worst enemy' springs to mind. We all have the option to make a choice about our actions and she is not choosing well. A lot of fake news for material gain too. PTSD is not the same as having a hard time because of your choices and putting yourself in the media and not liking where you've ended up
    If she wants to get better she needs to change her lifestyle. If she makes a choice not to change things then it's hard to have a great deal of sympathy.

• edited October 2018
    A lot of her choices currently are being clouded by her own battle with mental health you can clearly see that in the self destructing way that her life is unfolding.

There may be no answer to her previous life choices that were done for material gain and she may find a lot of those choices are contributing factors to how she is currently struggling

The hate that people have for the persona that she built called Jordan and the way that she lived this life so openly and for monetary I gain is what people dislike but there is also a child inside there , surely that’s the most important thing and that we can’t allow that fact to go unchecked

Poor Mental health is really the biggest threat to all of us I put it up on par with cancer as the area that as a government we should be funding to assist those with it

She obviously too me has a lot to say to start to help repair it and you only can by start that journey by talking and seeking help , the problem is someone also has to listen and right now the fear she has of her true story being shared by her to those people who will listen and them not divulge it , is driving the mental health decline to me it seems she has no one to trust and is embarking on the trust going inside bottles of booze drugs and leaching so called friends the woman is lonely afraid and sick
  • A lot of her choices currently are being clouded by her own battle with mental health you can clearly see that in the self destructing way that her life is unfolding.

There may be no answer to her previous life choices that were done for material gain and she may find a lot of those choices are contributing factors to how she is currently struggling

The hate that people have for the persona that she built called Jordan and the way that she lived this life so openly and for monetary I gain is what people dislike but there is also a child inside there , surely that’s the most important thing and that we can’t allow that fact to go unchecked

Poor Mental health is really the biggest threat to all of us I put it up on par with cancer as the area that as a government we should be funding to assist those with it

She obviously too me has a lot to say to start to help repair it and you only can by start that journey by talking and seeking help , the problem is someone also has to listen and right now the fear she has of her true story being shared by her to those people who will listen and them not divulge it , is driving the mental health decline to me it seems she has no one to trust and is embarking on the trust going inside bottles of booze drugs and leaching so called friends the woman is lonely afraid and sick

She's lived her life through the tabloids and it seems unlikely they have any interest in her getting better. I hope she chooses to get the help she needs and that those surrounding her give her good advice.

Her biggest problem will possibly be the leeches who surround her.
  • A once, pretty sexy woman who's now losing her looks and her appeal and has become somewhat a figure of fun and pity when once she was ogled and admired for her beauty , this woman turns histrionically to drink and self pity .. so what's new ? ..

the 'glamour' industry, Hollywood, the music industry, all the industries where hype is a prerequisite are littered with stories of women (and men of course) who lost the plot when their looks and talent faded .. it seems par for the course for far too many .. the REAL talents are more likely to survive and thrive
  • A lot of her choices currently are being clouded by her own battle with mental health you can clearly see that in the self destructing way that her life is unfolding.

I am not unsympathetic to her situation. But I think a certain about of reponsibility needs to be given to her lifestyle choices, especially previously. It is worrying that 'celebrities' are increasingly becoming role models yet seem to be decreasingly able to take responsilbility for their actions, citing some condition or another. There is a big difference between genuine, serious mental illness and lifestyle complaints/issues.
  • edited October 2018
    They don’t ask to be role models though no famous person does it’s a responsibility that falls on them it’s a burden that no one should have put on them but as a society we allow our children to look at these people in that light , actors boxers footballers etc are just normal people who have a career path that takes them into that area of potentially becoming a role model

The tabloid press will revel in her demise they won’t help her they will fuel the hatred and fan the flames to ensure she gets as little sympathy as she can so that she falls face first hard

I haven’t bought one of those gutter shit papers since the way they decided to deceive the poor parents of Mille Dowler when they showed just how low they will go
  • It's when you stopped getting admiring glances in the Marlow rooms that you needed to worry
  • It's when you stopped getting admiring glances in the Marlow rooms that you needed to worry

Just head off to the Millers.