Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hurricane Michael

Looks like this is going to be just about as bad as it gets. Good luck to all those in its fury.

Comments

• Options
    Landfall with 145 mph winds
  • Options
    Woke up to this news. Trying to get ahold of friends in Florida and make sure they're prepared. If there's one advantage it's that Floridians are prepared for this kind of stuff, and they're good at it (from first hand experience). Hopefully it weakens before it makes landfall.
  • Options
    #I'm safe, but then again, I'm in Tonbridge.
  • Options
    Landfall recorded wins of 155mph, 2mph off being a Category 5 Hurricane (which may be recognised in the post-data analysis), one hell of a nasty storm!
  • Options
    Two years ago i was stuck in here for 48 hours as the tailend of a hurricane passed over Scotland. The wind outside was recorded as 108 mph. The noise is unbelievable, like a constant roar.
  • Options
    Cable news loves a hurricane!
  • Options
    Half a million customers without power already. That's customers, not just people. So it's likely to be millions without power.
  • Options
    More fake news from climate change conspirators.

Hail Mr Trump..cretins of the world unite.
  • Options

Plenty of cretins out there.
  • Options

Thank god they didn't have hurricanes before the polluting industrial revolution happened.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Half a million customers without power already. That's customers, not just people. So it's likely to be millions without power.

I do hope the 'Florida White House' is ok!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Thank god they didn't have hurricanes before the polluting industrial revolution happened.
    Climate change is fake - my mate Donald told me and he's an expert.

I hope all those affected get through this as best they can.
  • Options
    Once in a century extreme events now every year or two.

Better get used to it.
  • Options
    This is going to be pretty bloody serious. 21 Waffle House locations have closed in preparation for landfall.

This might sound ridiculous, but there's a good reason for us to look at the informal Waffle House Index.

"The measure is based on the reputation of the restaurant chain Waffle House for staying open during extreme weather and for reopening quickly, albeit sometimes with a limited menu, after very severe weather events such as tornadoes or hurricanes. Waffle House, along with other chains (such as Home Depot, Walmart, and Lowe's) which do a significant proportion of their business in the southern US where there is a frequent risk of hurricanes, have good risk management and disaster preparedness. Because of this, and a cut-down menu prepared for times when there is no power or limited supplies, the Waffle House Index rarely reaches the red level."

However, 21 locations HAVE reached the red level (being closed). That's not a good sign.

Stay safe Floridians and others in the hurricane path!
  • Options

Once in a century extreme events now every year or two.

Better get used to it.

Or just pretend it's not happening.....