Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy World Mental Health Day.

To all those who suffer with their Mental Health. May you win your personal battles and have a truly fulfilling life as well as a great day!

Comments

• An important day. As Frasier says good mental health to you all.
  • @killer kish As all the others are posting, if you're able to admit you're struggling then you're definitely winning.

Always happy to offer an ear and a word of encouragement, feel free to ping me an inbox if you ever want a place to vent without judgement.

• Dazzler21 said:

@killer kish As all the others are posting, if you're able to admit you're struggling then you're definitely winning.

Always happy to offer an ear and a word of encouragement, feel free to ping me an inbox if you ever want a place to vent without judgement.

Can I vent but with judgement?
  • Really uplifting words especially as I feel as though I’m losing my battles but must keep fighting them.

Keep going Killer
  • edited October 2018
    I'd never heard of this charity until today.
    It may prove useful for someone.

The helpline and web chat service are open 5pm – midnight, every day of the year.

NATIONWIDE: 0800 58 58 58
    LONDON: 0808 802 58 58
    WEBCHAT: www.thecalmzone.net/get-help
    Calls/webchats are anonymous & confidential. Calls to the helpline are free from landlines, payphones and most mobile networks, although some may charge.

https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/get-help/mental-health/
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone who choses to share their mental health issues on here are incredibly brave.

It's odd, broken limbs, broken hearts, tied up srcotes, sore throats, cancer and obesity all flow pretty freely (on here).

I find the older I get the less I'd be inclined to talk about mental health issues.
  • Dazzler21 said:

@killer kish As all the others are posting, if you're able to admit you're struggling then you're definitely winning.

Can I vent but with judgement?
    I can judge your venting if you like Martin :lol:
  • T_C_E said:

If you wish, you have complete anonymity behind your handle I would consider it no different to phoning a telephone helpline. I'vespoke about my wife's collapse at 2.00 in the morning when I couldn't sleep. My fathers suicide, my mothers passing as well as historical sex abuse and never once have I felt people being judgmental. If and when I've met someone from here at a later date, never have I felt embarrassed or ashamed. It makes this forum a little bit special when you could be slagging off the owner in one breath and chatting to someone that's having tough time the next.

So true mate. I’ll never forget the messages and posts of support I got last week.
  • Life can be very tough and nobody knows what they're going to have to deal with. Always offer support if you think it might help - the offer might not be taken up but the fact that someone is thinking of you can really help.

There is nothing wrong to admit that you are struggling - it can happen to anyone.
  • “Depression is smaller than you. Always, it is smaller than you, even when it feels vast. It operates within you, you do not operate within it. It may be a dark cloud passing across the sky but - if that is the metaphor - you are the sky. You were there before it. And the cloud can't exist without the sky, but the sky can exist without the cloud.”

Matt Haig.

Good luck to anyone going through the horrible - but temporary - ill effects of depression.
  • Chizz said:

“Depression is smaller than you. Always, it is smaller than you, even when it feels vast. It operates within you, you do not operate within it. It may be a dark cloud passing across the sky but - if that is the metaphor - you are the sky. You were there before it. And the cloud can't exist without the sky, but the sky can exist without the cloud.”

Matt Haig.

Good luck to anyone going through the horrible - but temporary - ill effects of depression.

The effects of depression vary massively - for some it can be a long term condition.
  • I'd never heard of this charity until today.
    It may prove useful for someone.

The helpline and web chat service are open 5pm – midnight, every day of the year.

NATIONWIDE: 0800 58 58 58
    LONDON: 0808 802 58 58
    WEBCHAT: www.thecalmzone.net/get-help
    Calls/webchats are anonymous & confidential. Calls to the helpline are free from landlines, payphones and most mobile networks, although some may charge.

https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/get-help/mental-health/

I worked on this project with CALM last year

https://hypebeast.com/2018/3/mark-jenkins-calm-project-84-london
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s how much you are not in control and down you feel that’s so frightening
    Plus that at times it feels easier to give up than keep fighting
    Thankyou for your kind words and support guys as some of you know I care for my special needs Daughter and she is my life and keeps me going
  • It’s how much you are not in control and down you feel that’s so frightening
    Plus that at times it feels easier to give up than keep fighting
    Thankyou for your kind words and support guys as some of you know I care for my special needs Daughter and she is my life and keeps me going

I have two disabled daughters and it's been a battle over the years - they're both in their twenties now. How old is your daughter?

I hope you're getting all the support you need?
  • My Daughter is 21 hoof it and been on my own with her for 20 years
    Care manager tells me I’m getting all the help but other parents have said I should get more
  • My Daughter is 21 hoof it and been on my own with her for 20 years
    Care manager tells me I’m getting all the help but other parents have said I should get more

Always a tough one - you can often feel very isolated when you're dealing with stuff. I hope friends and family are there for you.

Do you get any respite - I'm assuming your daughter still lives with you?
  • Yes my Daughter still lives with me and I get a fund to pay for respite and it works out to 26 days and 13 nights a year
  • Scoham said:
    Wow. Almost as shocked as the first time I heard Lyle Taylor speak. Didn’t expect Sordell to sound like that at all!
  • edited November 2018
    Maybe a bit cheesey, but definitely worth a share -

• Maybe a bit cheesey, but definitely worth a share -

I'd say the one on the right is worth more as you'd never be able to roll the left one up tight enough to be useful in trap 1.