Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STEVENAGE v CHARLTON 9/10/18 (Record victory, brilliant competition )

edited October 2018 in General Charlton
I dare say that @ForeverAddickted is working on his usual masterpiece as I type .. so just a few observations ..

We have no game on the weekend .. recently our defence has been near shambolic .. this is no time to throw in the towel before the game, it's a time to try a viable back four and defensive midfield with a view towards the next few league games .. we won't have Bauer or Page for while .. full back is currently a disaster area .. put Solly back where he belongs and experiment with the left back role .. Ben Reeves ? .. give Ajose a run out else he'll get stiff and immobile on the bench .. I'm not a fan but put Phillips back in goal to see if he's improved for a rest and (hopefully) some creative coaching.

I won't be at the game, I know a few who will .. they deserve better than to travel and pay to watch a team that is not especially interested in winning and just goes through the motions or a team of kids which will be outmuscled and outkicked .. Come on you Addicks !!

Comments

• Over 100 Addicks had purchased tickets for Tuesday’s game before they went off sale from The Valley.

Stevenage will be selling to Charlton fans on the night priced:

Adult: £10

Student and Over 65: £5

U12: £3

Team news
    The cup tie will afford Lee Bowyer the opportunity to shuffle his pack and give some vital minutes to players who have been waiting for their opportunity in the first-team picture, as well as those who are making a return from injury such as Kristyian Bielik and Jamie Ward, who the Addicks' boss confirmed would appear.

Bowyer has also confirmed that Nicky Ajose, Igor Vetokele and Mark Marshall will all feature at the Lamex Stadium.
    <</i>i>
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bbc7c5a0b81a/checkatrade-trophy-preview-stevenage-v-charlton
  • clive said:

Over 100 Addicks had purchased tickets for Tuesday’s game before they went off sale from The Valley.

Stevenage will be selling to Charlton fans on the night priced:

Adult: £10

Student and Over 65: £5

U12: £3

Team news
    The cup tie will afford Lee Bowyer the opportunity to shuffle his pack and give some vital minutes to players who have been waiting for their opportunity in the first-team picture, as well as those who are making a return from injury such as Kristyian Bielik and Jamie Ward, who the Addicks' boss confirmed would appear.

Bowyer has also confirmed that Nicky Ajose, Igor Vetokele and Mark Marshall will all feature at the Lamex Stadium.
    <</i>i>
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bbc7c5a0b81a/checkatrade-trophy-preview-stevenage-v-charlton

thanks Clive .. I read your piece on another post but only after I posted this one .. let's hope that it's not just change for change's sake and that Bowyer is 'planning for the future'
  • Effectively Lee is treating this like a "stiffs" match, and as a result several senior players will be featuring. I imagine we'll look quite strong up front, it would be nice if Igor and Ajose could score.
  • edited October 2018

Effectively Lee is treating this like a "stiffs" match, and as a result several senior players will be featuring. I imagine we'll look quite strong up front, it would be nice if Igor and Ajose could score.

He has to pick a number of first teamers because of the rules.

Mascoll came off the bench last night so could still play in theory although the trip to Sunderland and back on the day is hardly the best preparation.

Phillips
    Dijksteel Sarr Pratley
    Marshall Bielic Lapslie Morgan Ward
    Agose Vetokele
  • Bielik is now on International Duty with Poland U21s
  • If Charlton do lose tonight they've got one foot out of the competition

As means we'll need to beat Swansea U21s in our final game and for some reason hope (I dont know why we'd want to advance to the next ound) that AFC Wimbledon lose against Stevenage
  • Sarr Dijk and Pratley on the right of the three tonight
  • Effectively Lee is treating this like a "stiffs" match, and as a result several senior players will be featuring. I imagine we'll look quite strong up front, it would be nice if Igor and Ajose could score.

He has to pick a number of first teamers because of the rules.

Mascoll came off the bench last night so could still play in theory although the trip to Sunderland and back on the day is hardly the best preparation.

Phillips
    Dijksteel Bielic Sarr Mascoll
    Marshall Pratley Lapslie Morgan
    Agose Vetokele
    I think it's more than that though. Igor and Ajose could do with some match time, as opposed to 10 minute cameos off the bench
  • Sponsored links:

• Comfortable away win 4-0.

But Bowyer saying he will appear tonight.

But Bowyer saying he will appear tonight.
    Strange... I'd have expected him to have gone off with the Poles
  • I think the club should ignore the competition and we should do the same complete farce unneeded games that only benefit the prem clubs to give there u23 sides a game
  • Give those who need a game a game, but we can't risk injury - particularly at the moment to Solly Pearce or even Sarr
  • The page views for this thread will soon be exceeding the attendance
  • 15 mins from me on a train and I still don't bother
  • shine166 said:

15 mins from me on a train and I still don't bother

What about if it was 5 minutes on the train and someone offered to pay you £50? I would see your point if you still said no.
  • 10 mins up the road for me so 7 of the family going tonight and paying on the door, looks like a few squad players featuring.
  • Sponsored links:

• 15 minutes up the road from me but the team I coach have training!
  • For anyone interested enough, but not enough to travel, looks like it will be available on iFollow: https://www.stevenagefc.com
  • 10 minutes down the road so I shall be there . Couldn’t give a stuff about the actual competition but when Charlton are playing on your own back yard you have to go.

I was once part of a crowd of six in the away end for a pre-season friendly at Stevenage. It's 20 minutes from me, but I'm going to stay in and watch Bake Off. (I'm actually blaming myself for this, rather than Roland. I just can't be bothered.)
  • Saw our defeat there during the title season. Ticked the ground off.
  • shine166 said:

15 mins from me on a train and I still don't bother

Rocket train from Thailand?
  • 10 minutes down the road so I shall be there . Couldn’t give a stuff about the actual competition but when Charlton are playing on your own back yard you have to go.

But not Luton :smile:
  • Uboat said:

10 minutes down the road so I shall be there . Couldn’t give a stuff about the actual competition but when Charlton are playing on your own back yard you have to go.

I was once part of a crowd of six in the away end for a pre-season friendly at Stevenage. It's 20 minutes from me, but I'm going to stay in and watch Bake Off. (I'm actually blaming myself for this, rather than Roland. I just can't be bothered.)
    Which Roland should take some blame for I suspect!

But not Luton :smile:
    Absolutely not !
  • Uboat said:

10 minutes down the road so I shall be there . Couldn’t give a stuff about the actual competition but when Charlton are playing on your own back yard you have to go.

Which Roland should take some blame for I suspect!
    Anyway, I think I've changed my mind. If you're there and you see a grey-haired man in a green jacket, on his own, looking like he wished he'd stayed at home, please come over and say hello.
    Admittedly that could apply to most of our support tonight, but at least it will get people talking.