Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA 19 (The Computer Game)

Comments

• se9addick said:

Well done boys.

The dream! Did you put on a suit for the final?
    Surely the hair was the priority!!
  • Started off with the formation I ended fifa 18 with, 41212 narrow but kept getting countered down the wings. Switched to 4231 wide and sorted the defence, slowly adding goals now. Switch to 4231 narrow if I need a goal on attacking, or 41212 on ultra attacking
  • 3-5-2 Is an overpowered formation thus year
  • jams said:

Started off with the formation I ended fifa 18 with, 41212 narrow but kept getting countered down the wings. Switched to 4231 wide and sorted the defence, slowly adding goals now. Switch to 4231 narrow if I need a goal on attacking, or 41212 on ultra attacking

Ok Karl
  • cs1986 said:

3-5-2 Is an overpowered formation thus year

I'm guessing it's the in vogue formation of the pros this season then
  • sam3110 said:

cs1986 said:

I'm guessing it's the in vogue formation of the pros this season then
    I think it is as well mate. I tried it on ut and it seemed much better than what I was using. It's solid for seria a team as well.
  • Yeaa commentary really needs improving, sometimes I like to play without sound as the crap they come out with really annoys me
  • Don't like it so far... Keep getting trounced. It's like a completely different game
  • edited October 2018
    Again well done boys
    2 very successful trips to Wembley

• Sponsored links:

• Delighted with my business so far into my 2nd season and after promotion so far I have signed

Astrit Ajdarevic-Free Transfer
    Shaun Hutchinson-£3M
    Jay DaSilva-£1.5M
    Ademola Lookman-2 year loan
    Tammy Abraham-2 year loan
    Patrick Roberts-2 year loan

Just need a goalkeeper to replace Phillips and its been a perfect window
  • edited October 2018
    imageBest ut I've had
  • imageBest ut I've had

How you managed that lol
  • I've gotta say squad battles really is a good feature and I'm amazed FIFA have it in the game, I finished elite 2 this week, just shy of elite 1 as I missed about 8 games and my rewards were 2 mega packs and a premium gold jumbo. The mega packs alone are worth 35k per pack and I think the premium must be 10k at least plus I got 15k coins.

Well done to them for making ultimate team enjoyable for people without spending real additional cash, I will be amazed if they keep the reward system like this though
  • Delighted with my business so far into my 2nd season and after promotion so far I have signed

Shaun Hutchinson-£3M
    Jay DaSilva-£1.5M

Honestly, I'd sack you if you were my DoF.

• JiMMy 85 said:

Delighted with my business so far into my 2nd season and after promotion so far I have signed

Shaun Hutchinson-£3M
    Jay DaSilva-£1.5M

Why

Shaun Hutchinson-£3M
    Jay DaSilva-£1.5M

Got my keeper
    David Raya-£2M

Still got £2m to spend as well
  • cafc4life said:

imageBest ut I've had

How you managed that lol
    Haha packed otw naigolan and packed modric then built the team around him. Mariano is a very good striker on the game
  • cs1986 said:

Switched to that last night and started smashing goals in. You get cover all over the pitch and always have at least two options to pass to, with two strikers making runs.

I always switch to this on CM modes, ever since PES 4, but recently on FIFA it hasn't really worked. This year I doubt I'l use any other system, at least on CM, unless they make an update.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Delighted with my business so far into my 2nd season and after promotion so far I have signed

Shaun Hutchinson-£3M
    Jay DaSilva-£1.5M

Why
    If you do your homework online, you can find a full squad of youngsters that will help propel you up the table and mature in time to become Premier League quality. And cos they are young, you an get them for pennies. I wouldn't touch Ajdarevic or Lookman on FIFA with a barge pole.

Out of that lot, I'd take Abraham (but by the time you want to buy him he's going to be worth more £20m+. Tyler Roberts is effectively the same player, but he's way better and way cheaper as you can get him when he's young). And maybe JDS. Hutchinson for £3m is daylight robbery.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Shaun Hutchinson-£3M
    Jay DaSilva-£1.5M

Why
    If you do your homework online, you can find a full squad of youngsters that will help propel you up the table and mature in time to become Premier League quality. And cos they are young, you an get them for pennies. I wouldn't touch Ajdarevic or Lookman on FIFA with a barge pole.

Out of that lot, I'd take Abraham (but by the time you want to buy him he's going to be worth more £20m+. Tyler Roberts is effectively the same player, but he's way better and way cheaper as you can get him when he's young). And maybe JDS. Hutchinson for £3m is daylight robbery.
    Having just got promoted and not wanting to get a load of youngsters in who may be talented in a few years but not help in survival this season.

I would take finishing 21st next season.

Astrit was free and 76

Lookman and Abraham both loans for 2 years is great business for a Championship club gives me time to establish myself and get replacements ready for the both

Hutchingson £3M for someone rated 74 I think in this day and age is a steal and he is my best CB now.

As u said the young players mature in time, I needes players ready for now amd thats exactly what I have, the worst player in my 11 now is Page at 71, that should be good enough to stay in Championship and build
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Shaun Hutchinson-£3M
    Jay DaSilva-£1.5M

Whats DOF? Development of Football?

i had a shocker yesterday started well with a 2-0 win away to Peterborough, then had 3 games in the league i couldn't buy a win, first 4-1 loss to southend , they were 4 up at half time wtf. On the bright side the games in between were Emirates cup vs WBA drew first one and then beat them at home so through to quarter finals. in top 4 game in hand will take me 2nd i think. Also playing on World Class.
  • Young players and competitive players are not mutually exclusive, that's the point. But I feel that point isn't going to land, so... I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavours!
  • Just to highlight Jimmys point, bought Diouf (Gk) for £800k (playing as Macclesfield) double trained him all season by the end he was an 80, sold to Huddersfield for £28 million. Rinse, repeat etc
  • The rate at which you can improve a player through the training is a bit silly, grant started at 64 in mine and by the end of the season he was 76
  • All these transfers and stuff, what mode of game do you play? Is it good? Whenever I had FIFA I just stuck to online.
  • All these transfers and stuff, what mode of game do you play? Is it good? Whenever I had FIFA I just stuck to online.

This is Career Mode. Particularly popular with older players who have no interest in FUT and the like. Basically you manage whichever team you want in a game that lasts up to 15 seasons (I usually manage 5-10 over the year).

After a while all the good players are old and the young players are useless. EA has not invested any time or money in improving CM because it doesn't make any additional cash through micro payments. It's still pretty solid, they have been iterating it for a very long time, it just isn't that much different to the career modes I was playing as a kid on Emlyn Hughes International Soccer!
  • The rate at which you can improve a player through the training is a bit silly, grant started at 64 in mine and by the end of the season he was 76

Thanks for the tip - I didn't know if he was worth persevering with or not. Think I'll keep him in the long term as a squad player in that case.
  • edited October 2018
    JiMMy 85 said:

cs1986 said:

Switched to that last night and started smashing goals in. You get cover all over the pitch and always have at least two options to pass to, with two strikers making runs.

I always switch to this on CM modes, ever since PES 4, but recently on FIFA it hasn't really worked. This year I doubt I'l use any other system, at least on CM, unless they make an update.
    Glad it helped mate. It has got me to division 3 in rivals mode on ut and finished gold 1 on weekend league.

Another tip for anyone on UT - if you are running seria a team get inform mandzukic. He fits this year's game so well has 14 in 8 games. Just cross the ball to him and celebrate.
  • imageBest ut I've had

Nice team mate I'm rocking this as my main team.

How's modric this year? If your on PS4 and fancy a game at some point give us a shout