Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jamie Ward

Has withdrawn from Northern Ireland squad to work on his fitness.

Comments

• he looked like Ralph Milne when he came on Saturday
  • Does that mean that we're technically under the quota for the Walsall match to be called off?
  • Shows that he's not a mercenary and has an interest in getting fit and doing his best for us unlike some of the loanees we've had in the past.
  • He's after a new deal in January. If he gets injured on NI duty, then his chances of getting one are harmed.

This is good news.....I think he's going to be a match winner for us.
  • thing is .. can he play at left back ?
  • Good decision. I was really surprised he was going on international duty after his injury and barely playing
  • Simonsen said:

He's after a new deal in January. If he gets injured on NI duty, then his chances of getting one are harmed.

He could/should have been on Saturday.
  • Simonsen said:

He's after a new deal in January. If he gets injured on NI duty, then his chances of getting one are harmed.

he was and he missed a sitter to win it !!!!
  • Maybe he can work on his heading!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
    Simonsen said:

Was a match loser for us on Saturday with that crap header at the end! I would have been disapointed to miss that - not that I would have been there to head it in the first place :)
  • Really should have buried that header
  • Wonder if he might play tomorrow night then?
  • Simonsen said:

Was a match loser for us on Saturday with that crap header at the end! I would have been disapointed to miss that - not that I would have been there to head it in the first place :)
    You, me and quite a few of our players wouldn't have been there to head it. It was Ward's movement (and a great ball from Sarr) that got him the chance.
  • Ward is also quite short... He's only 5.5ft so is smaller than Chris Solly

Would like to know how many headers he's scored over the course of his career
  • clive said:

Jamie Ward will play in Charlton’s EFL Trophy game tonight at Stevenage – after boss Lee Bowyer asked Northern Ireland to excuse the winger from international duty.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-bowyer-asks-for-on-loan-forest-winger-to-pass-up-international-call/

“Anfernee will play in front of Marsh,” said Bowyer. “Anfernee did well for us at right-back at the end of last season and he [Marshall] doesn’t understand the defensive side of it.

Does this mean we'll have a Winger at Full-Back and a Defensive Midfielder / Full-Back as a Winger?
  • clive said:

Jamie Ward will play in Charlton’s EFL Trophy game tonight at Stevenage – after boss Lee Bowyer asked Northern Ireland to excuse the winger from international duty.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-bowyer-asks-for-on-loan-forest-winger-to-pass-up-international-call/

“Anfernee will play in front of Marsh,” said Bowyer. “Anfernee did well for us at right-back at the end of last season and he [Marshall] doesn’t understand the defensive side of it.

Does this mean we'll have a Winger at Full-Back and a Defensive Midfielder / Full-Back as a Winger?
    A bit disappointed with this comment - seems over critical of Marshall and Dijksteel wasn't great on Saturday.
  • Quite an interesting Checkatrade side, more like a reserve side than a U23 side really with the senior pros involved for one reason or another
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

A bit disappointed with this comment - seems over critical of Marshall and Dijksteel wasn't great on Saturday.
    I really like Lee Bowyer and think he's doing a decent job, but he doesn't seem to trust/like Marshall, which is fair enough on his form from last season under Robinson, but thought he was ok under Bowyer at tail end of last season but this season he just hasn't been given a chance.
  • clive said:

I really like Lee Bowyer and think he's doing a decent job, but he doesn't seem to trust/like Marshall, which is fair enough on his form from last season under Robinson, but thought he was ok under Bowyer at tail end of last season but this season he just hasn't been given a chance.
    I've always thought Marshall has looked okay defensively but Bowyer doesn't seem to rate him. He has disappointed as a winger.
  • Did Marshall throw lumps of concrete into Bowyer's fishing lake?
  • i think as an offensive wing back Marshall looks ok. He is decent defensively. Hopefully Bowyer will have a look at him playing that role tonight rather than play him as a wide midfielder.
  • edited October 2018

Simonsen said:

he was and he missed a sitter to win it !!!!
    Sorry if I'm getting wooshed here.

A sitter?!?!?! It was a diving back post header that he had to put power on and direct back across goal from a tough angle!

Lovely ball from Sarr though.
  • clive said:

No. Surely he means Anfernee is the 2nd choice right back "infront of"/ in preference to Mark Marshall, who doesn't understand the defensive side of playing right back/wing back.
    To be fair I'm not sure Djiksteel entirely "understands" the attacking side of playing right back! Or rather isn't capable of it as that's not his main position.
  • clive said:

No. Surely he means Anfernee is the 2nd choice right back "infront of"/ in preference to Mark Marshall, who doesn't understand the defensive side of playing right back/wing back.
    To be fair I'm not sure Djiksteel entirely "understands" the attacking side of playing right back! Or rather isn't capable of it as that's not his main position.
    I thought he attacked well last season when playing RB.
    I'm confident he was under orders not to push forward, so as not to get exposed.
    That worked well, doh !