Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• RIP such a wealth of work to look back on
  • Genius. The laughs live on.
  • RIP Ray.
    With Alan Simpson, 2 of the great scriptwriters, I still laugh at Steptoe and Hancock
  • Great contribution to British comedy with the late Alan Simpson.

RIP
  • RIP, still.love Steptoe and son
  • RIP Ray.
    With Alan Simpson, 2 of the great scriptwriters, I still laugh at Steptoe and Hancock

I think you'll find it was Steptoe & Son.........but your version might have made a good programme.... ;)
  • dramatic comedy/pathos genius .. if he'd been French or Italian he would have got world wide recognition as such .. R I P .. I doubt we'll be entertained and educated by his like ever again
  • Comedy genius. RIP
  • RIP Ray.

I think you'll find it was Steptoe & Son.........but your version might have made a good programme.... ;)
    What would I do without your knowledge?
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the entire box-set of Steptoe and Son last year. Fantastic writing that is so much better than anything you see in today's so-called sitcoms, and mostly just set in their house and yard in Oil Drum Lane without relying on contrived situations.

RIP
  • So much a part of family life when young, how many shows did he coo-write that brought the whole nation together around the TV. RIP.
  • "that maybe a scratch to you mate but that's life and death to some poor soul----a pint ??a pint??? That's almost an armful!'

RIP
  • Was Steptoe and Son the most depressing comedy ever?.
  • Halix said:

Was Steptoe and Son the most depressing comedy ever?.

Dark humour I'll admit.
    But still brilliantly written and funny.
  • Loved their front room----always wanted to have a mooch in there