Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views: Charlton v Coventry

If all it takes are a team who had very little against us for 70 minutes to go a bit more direct in the final 20 then we need to sort it out

Should’ve killed them off

Weak

Comments

• Old school smash and grab that. Failed to find any way through their back four.

Ran out of ideas and can’t handle big awkward forwards or crosses for that matter.

Still not all doom and gloom. Onwards we go.

We will win again
  • How did we lose that, coventry go more direct and we lose it completely
  • Not won in three and conceded nine in that time, he needs to sort it out and biggest challenge for him now.
  • Once we get Bielik back we’re better off. Problem is we’re at least one RB/LB short

Playoffs again
  • Well after Tuesday there is plenty of time to heal injuries and sort out which goaltender is going to carry us he rest of the season.
  • Always looked like Cov would get something from the game when we were one up.
    Lost count of the amount of final third passes that were over hit by us.
    Taking Reeves off looks like a big clanger now.
  • Thought we were good. A huge void where a real right-back should be costing us though
  • In the first half I thought it was only that Coventry had nothing going forward that we were doing ok at the back. So not surprised when they made that double sub in the second half that we fell apart back there. Same as Tuesday I'm afraid. The only difference was Scunthorpe are better than Coventry so they exposed us a lot earlier.

I just have no confidence in Sarr as a CB.

Very disappointing but typical Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• That simply wasn't good enough. Should have killed them off but a total lack of quality/direction in the final third has fucked us.
  • Extremely disappointing. Can’t keep dominating matches for long spells and not win the matches. Sounds like we collapse when teams go direct against us.

We’ve got two weeks until our next match. He needs to address this quickly, otherwise we will be in the same position as last season when we only have 6th place to aim for.
  • edited October 2018
    A great chance to make ground on the top two who both lost today. Despite the injury situation we should've got a minimum of 4 points this week. No game next week either so mid table mediocrity beckons short term.
  • Two crosses that I have question the Goalkeeper for... Everything that went in front of their 'keeper they came out and smothered it

Steer though was a statue, same with the first Scunthoepe goal, now if I was the Barnsley Manager Id be targeting that
  • Just think we are not closing people down to stop crosses - seems like all/most of goals conceded ,certainly at home, have come from crosses that should have been closed down.
    We were all over Cov for 79 min today, but dont recall many chances in 2nd half.
  • Absolute smash and grab . There was only one team in at 1-0 but sadly we’ve become a team who can’t defend and we won’t go anywhere because of it . We needed that second but it didn’t come. 9 goals conceded in 3 games - not good enough.
  • Absolute smash and grab . There was only one team in at 1-0 but sadly we’ve become a team who can’t defend and we won’t go anywhere because of it . We needed that second but it didn’t come. 9 goals conceded in 3 games - not good enough.

Only one team in it at 1-0 and whilst we had chances they were never difficult for their Goalie... and at 1-0 right up to the whistle the opposition ALWAYS have a chance
  • Pissed off massively. Pathetic really. Could see it coming a mile off. KAG was hopeless should of subbed him off, don't know why reeves was taking off? Bowyer needs to learn from this and fast

Now we need to wait 2 weeks before we go again.
  • One goal. From a penalty. Loads of chances, fuck all performance. The only thing we did right was go over in the box properly.
  • Fuck off Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Smash and grab from Coventry. Don't think anyone could have complained if we'd won that comfortably but you also can't really defend like that and expect to get anything.

One thing we've learnt this week, for all the criticism they keep getting, Page and Solly have been doing a much better job than a lot on here have been crediting them with. The diamond formation asks a lot of the fullbacks, and, while Solly looked decent today even though he was playing on the wrong side, they exposed Anfernee time and again today with both goals coming from doubling up him (not that he got a lot of help from the midfielder in front of him).

Unsurprisingly the defence looks very disjointed right now. They'll need to put in some extra hours on the training ground to fix that because, apart from Bielek getting fit and maybe playing a back 3, there isn't a lot of options to change it right now.
  • poor selection .. our defence is useless at Scunny and is retained en masse a few days later .. I assume Solly was a fish out of water at left back .. Bielek was on the bench, why didn't he start ? .. at least we are not alone .. Posh thumped at home as were Donny, who'd'a thought the Gills would win at Pompey .. still all to play for
  • Its that elusive goal at 1-0 that we just cant seem to get.
    Cullens missed header at 1-1 in 90th minute and then they go up the other end and score .
  • Useless. But the root of the problem is the cancer still in our club.
  • I love bowyer but he waits too long to make a sub. Should have brought on Bielik in the 65th min
  • (not that he got a lot of help from the midfielder in front of him).

That's a good point - Reeves was doing well defensively, and Lapslie wasn't as switched on. Dijksteel is no full-back though
  • Wheels have come off a bit. Defence is going to be our problem all season. I’d take sixth now.