Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Bailey

Shocking from one of our former players if this is a genuine account and statement from both clubs seem to confirm it is. Apart from the crass tweeting he is accused of lying.

Comments

• I think 'scumbag supporter' is a remarkably mild description if Bailey was actually spat at myself.

No need for that kind of behaviour.
  • LenGlover said:

I think 'scumbag supporter' is a remarkably mild description if Bailey was actually spat at myself.

"If". Sounds like two different accounts of what happened but he should have kept his trap shut.
  • So he was in the bar next to Bailey, had eyes on him the whole time, and is certain nobody spat at him. OK seems reasonable.
  • Southend away.
  • drewman said:

LenGlover said:

I think 'scumbag supporter' is a remarkably mild description if Bailey was actually spat at myself.

"If". Sounds like two different accounts of what happened but he should have kept his trap shut.
    Why?
  • The whole thread is something to behold, recommended reading. Obviously I have no idea what happened but Bailey doesn’t come across well, he’s a pretty high profile footballer in the 5th tier so I’m not sure why he’s drinking in the away teams bar after beating them a few minutes earlier - sounds like a recipe for trouble.
  • se9addick said:

The whole thread is something to behold, recommended reading. Obviously I have no idea what happened but Bailey doesn’t come across well, he’s a pretty high profile footballer in the 5th tier so I’m not sure why he’s drinking in the away teams bar after beating them a few minutes earlier - sounds like a recipe for trouble.

Ain't it the norm to do that especially in the lower leagues?
  • se9addick said:

The whole thread is something to behold, recommended reading. Obviously I have no idea what happened but Bailey doesn’t come across well, he’s a pretty high profile footballer in the 5th tier so I’m not sure why he’s drinking in the away teams bar after beating them a few minutes earlier - sounds like a recipe for trouble.

my mate is a ref in the lower leagues and he quite often is expected to go to the bar afterwards where a small spread is put on etc.

from a guy i used to work with bailey can be a bit of a wanker from what he has said - has been on holiday with him etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

my mate is a ref in the lower leagues and he quite often is expected to go to the bar afterwards where a small spread is put on etc.

from a guy i used to work with bailey can be a bit of a wanker from what he has said - has been on holiday with him etc.
    I've gone and watched a few mates who played at Conference and Ryman League teams and I think I've always met em in the bar after.
  • Comes across like an absolute c*nt on that thread
  • I remember Bailey running to an opposition player and screaming in their face when we scored a goal, no class at all. From that moment I have not liked him. Not sure what to believe reading that thread.
  • I sat on the same table as him at a sponsors' dinner. I remember having to prise some words out of him, it was painful and when he did speak, it was very quiet.
  • se9addick said:

The further down you go it probably is, but not if you can’t avoid getting into a row.
  • se9addick said:

The problem can come when expectations are different. Orient are a massive club in that league so the fans expectations are different to those of Sutton. In the same way that our expectations of established L1 grounds are different and we like the fact that pubs aren't packed at away games etc. No one is right or wrong, and some clubs have to adapt but I remember lots of our fans commenting on the "novelty" of visiting grounds like Wycombe, Exeter, etc back in 2009 when we could stand, mingle more with home fans at away games etc.
  • Dazzler21 said:

drewman said:

LenGlover said:

Why?
    I meant on twitter. Perfectly entitled to say something at the time, but don't engage in protracted debates on social media. Sorry, didn't make that clear.
  • Can't forgive him for that penalty miss or that 3 on 1 where he passed it to the wrong bloke and they broke and scored. Tramp

He was a decent player for us on the whole but boy did he f**k up twice in that Swindon match. That being his last game for the club its how he will be remembered by many.
  • Sponsored links:

• He was a decent player for us - but spent far too much time either rolling around on the floor trying to get a FK or otherwise bouncing up and chasing the ref around when he didn't.
  • Not forget his theatrics when playing with us. Always wondered why his previous club used to boo him from the offset everytime he touched the ball and then when goes down in agony as though being shot feigning fouls (worse then Ronaldo I couldn't stand him). Everytime he was doing it I kept yelling "Get up you cheating.... " even though he was playing with us at the time. As for that Swindon game.... My exact words of him that night was "you selfish bastard" with that stupid ball he passed to the oppostion where they scored and the penalty miss. It was as though he was arrogant and didn't give a toss".
  • Dazzler21 said:

drewman said:

LenGlover said:

Why?
    To stop the other persons spit going in his mouth?
    Coffee came out of my nose when I read that.