Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018/2019 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options

IdleHans said:

MrLargo said:

Bet365 inplay back for Spurs v Barca tomorrow

How'd you find out about these mate? I used to see it actually mentioned on the app but it doesn't seem to do that anymore.
    Go to your account (in the top right corner if you're on your mobile). Check your messages, it'll be in there.
    Or change your account settings to receive marketing emails, then you'll get them in your inbox, assuming you're invited. They don't inundate you with lots of stuff.
    Just checked my settings and I SHOULD be receiving all that stuff anyway. Guess I'm not welcome at that table. Which is disappointing as I would have had my £50 in-play on Messi FS.
    They don't do £50 anymore. They got stung quite badly the season before last by people betting on over 0.5 goals before the game and 0-0 with the free bet. The payout's about £500 if a 0-0 comes in, and they managed to pick about five 0-0 games in the same season for the special offer, must have cost them quite a lot.

They only seem to offer it to good customers (i.e. losers) these days (obviously I always get it), and even then it's only a tenner for me this time round.

Been meaning to change to a different bookie. Anyone got any recommendations, based on special offers or just generally better odds?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

IdleHans said:

MrLargo said:

How'd you find out about these mate? I used to see it actually mentioned on the app but it doesn't seem to do that anymore.
    Go to your account (in the top right corner if you're on your mobile). Check your messages, it'll be in there.
    Or change your account settings to receive marketing emails, then you'll get them in your inbox, assuming you're invited. They don't inundate you with lots of stuff.
    Just checked my settings and I SHOULD be receiving all that stuff anyway. Guess I'm not welcome at that table. Which is disappointing as I would have had my £50 in-play on Messi FS.
    They don't do £50 anymore. They got stung quite badly the season before last by people betting on over 0.5 goals before the game and 0-0 with the free bet. The payout's about £500 if a 0-0 comes in, and they managed to pick about five 0-0 games in the same season for the special offer, must have cost them quite a lot.

They only seem to offer it to good customers (i.e. losers) these days (obviously I always get it), and even then it's only a tenner for me this time round.

Been meaning to change to a different bookie. Anyone got any recommendations, based on special offers or just generally better odds?
    betway offer a lot of free bets

tonight on Spurs-barca doing bet £5 get a free £10 (which can be placed on anything)

also seem to do money back on losers for the first race of each day at most of the big festivals (ascot, good wood, york etc)
  • Options

Usually get an email. Been limited to a fiver for ages, don't know if anyone else still gets the 25s and 50s?
  • Options
    They only ever give me a fiver, which goes on >0.5 goals to qualify, then the free bet on probably >3.5 goals tonight.
    Worked last week thanks to Firminho at 3/1.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

IdleHans said:

MrLargo said:

Ah really. Shows how long I've been out the loop. I last did one about 2 and a half years ago. Myself and @cafc4life both had Kevin De Bruyne to score first at 8s. He duly obliged. Since then, not a bean. Probably no coincidence!
  • Options

Usually get an email. Been limited to a fiver for ages, don't know if anyone else still gets the 25s and 50s?
    Seems like everyone's allowance has been cut!
  • Options
    Barcelona/ Liverpool double
  • Options

MrLargo said:

IdleHans said:

MrLargo said:

betway offer a lot of free bets

tonight on Spurs-barca doing bet £5 get a free £10 (which can be placed on anything)

also seem to do money back on losers for the first race of each day at most of the big festivals (ascot, good wood, york etc)
    Betway are only letting me put £4.43 on a 5/2 shot
  • Options
    Got £25 free in play bet, and another fiver free bet.
  • Options
    Had Barca to win and Bet365 have paid out at HT. what’s that about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Had Barca to win and Bet365 have paid out at HT. what’s that about?

2 goals up
  • Options
    Some firms pay out if team is winning by 2 goals
  • Options
    Not complaining, rarely bet on singles so wasn’t aware
  • Options
    My freebet was on 3-0. As Barca scored so quickly the 18/1 dropped to 10s by the time I posted it
  • Options

My freebet was on 3-0. As Barca scored so quickly the 18/1 dropped to 10s by the time I posted it

Ha, jinxed that!
  • Options
    Went a bit different for my free bet with 365
    Messi and Lamela both to score - 7/1
    Wahoo!!!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

They only ever give me a fiver, which goes on >0.5 goals to qualify, then the free bet on probably >3.5 goals tonight.
    Worked last week thanks to Firminho at 3/1.

at last! Went for >4.5 goals out of greed, so that's all those crappy losing trebles covered.

• Options
    Backed Spurs to win beforehand - stupid. Backed Kane next goalscorer with the in-play bet at 5/1. Sweet.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

MrLargo said:

Only £25 these days. I had £25 on over 1.5 at1/6 win £4.15. Then the free £25 on under 9 corners at 5/4. Only 4 in total. £31.40 on the night.
  • Options
    Wow you lot were busy last night, i didnt even bother. Did a few Tuesday night, but feel midweek is a bit of a lottery so didnt want to do both nights. Onto the proper stuff soon , weekend looks good value
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Sky bet special looks tempting this weekend
    Spurs
    Burnley
    Middlesbro
    All to win is 11/2.
  • Options
    6fold 5 on returns £110
    Burnley
    Spurs
    Boro
    Sheffield U
    Charlton
    Pompey

6fold 5 on returns £132
    Birmingham
    West Brom
    Peterborough (23/10 at home ??? )
    MK Dons
    Aberdeen
    Hibs

BTTS and win £2 on returns £546
    Watford v Bournemouth
    Norwich v Stoke
    Doncaster v Fleetwood
    Forest Green v Newport

Teams to win to nil £3 , returns £166
    Leicester
    Swansea
    Lincoln
    Man U

No more bets
    :)

Good luck all feel confident it will be profitable
  • Options
    Today’s bets are on and regretting them already!
  • Options
    I fancy Plymouth to beat Wimbledon today at 2/1, knowing my luck it will come in and someone like Tottenham will let me down.
  • Options

I fancy Plymouth to beat Wimbledon today at 2/1, knowing my luck it will come in and someone like Tottenham will let me down.

I agree with you about Plymouth and done them with Burnley, Watford & Boro for around 25-1 Accumulator. Probably puts the kybosh on it !
  • Options
    Bloody bookies right again with Peterborough, cost me one of mine :)

Had a 4fold 10er, returns 150, Norwich only one who lost too
  • Options
    Assuming Chelsea beat Southampton then Charlton cost me £350 on a 7 team accumulator with a fiver stake. 😭
  • Options
    Bloody Slough Town cost me a 7 game FA cup accy, one of those ones that I'd sworn to give up.
    Will never learn.
  • Options
    Sheffield United not scoring 2+ cost me.
  • Options
    Portsmouth and Burnley let me down yesterday, got 8 out of the 10 I put on so not a bad week other than not winning! :joy: