Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice 2018

Looks to be an uber ****fest of epic proportions going by their intros.

Comments

• Plenty of duck faces on this year's version
  • I'm recording it. But the confidence of the numpties seems to increase in comparison to their lack of just about any quality you need in business.
  • Hate the majority already.

Can’t wait to see Lord Sugar’s face when he sees the octopus purchase.
  • edited October 2018
    Watching Spurs get beat, but will watch on catch up. I used to really enjoy it but the editing has started to grate. You know the team that looks likely to win usually doesn't win. It is a bit of cynical manipulation. But it means you can work out who is going to win as it has become predictable!
  • Katherine Ryan v Duck Face
  • No surprise there, Jackie won't last long either.
  • Classic Apprentice. Brilliant collection of cockwombles once again
  • Might not even bother with the rest lost ifs orginality now they all become reality stars afterwards
  • Classic Apprentice. Brilliant collection of cockwombles once again

Unbelievable set of people I would not want to work with.

There are a couple there who show promise but that’s about it.

Thank god Sarah got fired, couldn’t stand her loud mouth over a few weeks. Jackie seems a real bitch.
  • stonemuse said:

Classic Apprentice. Brilliant collection of cockwombles once again

Unbelievable set of people I would not want to work with.

There are a couple there who show promise but that’s about it.

Thank god Sarah got fired, couldn’t stand her loud mouth over a few weeks. Jackie seems a real bitch.
    Think this was Katrien Meire's exact inauguration speech upon getting the Charlton CEO gig.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody love this show. Utter pondlife on both sides.

Can't believe the girls turned on each other so quickly. Actually, yes I can.
  • Surprised at who was fired. While she's incredibly annoying, she wasn't why they lost the task
  • Watched the first episode, won’t watch anymore.
  • edited October 2018
    the tax adviser bloke could be one of the biggest knobheads of the lot also the prat that got a 1 cent discount - absolute wanker.

the girls this year don't seem too varied - all similar age.

didnt know the one fired last night was in shameless.
  • Might not even bother with the rest lost ifs orginality now they all become reality stars afterwards

Which former Apprentice contestants have become "reality stars"?

I know that awful specimen Katie Hopkins has carved out her own type of infamy, but i can't think of many others who have ditched enterprise in favour of a "reality" career.
  • Chizz said:

Might not even bother with the rest lost ifs orginality now they all become reality stars afterwards

I know that awful specimen Katie Hopkins has carved out her own type of infamy, but i can't think of many others who have ditched enterprise in favour of a "reality" career.
    Andrew from last year was in CBB and then got engaged to Caroline Flack before apparently trying to get on Celebs go dating while they were still together
  • Usual band of hopeless individuals. The yank bitch should have gone purely for the cowardly act of pushing someone else to be PM.
    And again further proof (if needed), that groups of women cannot work together
  • Chizz said:

Might not even bother with the rest lost ifs orginality now they all become reality stars afterwards

luisa zissmann celebrity big brother
    gobby northern one jess i think celebrity big brother

okay all may have been a bit flippant but a few turn up in these awful reality shows and arent they supposed to be business people.
  • The issue here is how weak the definition of the word celebrity now is and the public's appetite for the tosh we get dished up on channels like ITV2. The Apprentice is an entertaining show that has probably had its best days, but it has never been about finding great business people. I'm sure the biggest factor in deciding who the contestants will be is around potential entertainment value.

We like to feel superior to people so when we see them making massive mistakes and missing the obvious we can shout at the tv. If they were all mildly competent it wouldn't be half as enjoyable. Who wants to see them showing that they a better at business than you. Of course the format creates the theatre too. They have to try to make themselves look good at the expense of others. Team work is an important part of a successful business, but it has to take a back seat to back biting and confrontation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Used to really enjoy the Apprentice. Now the format is tired, predictable and dull. Alan Sugar is a parody of himself with his mock rudeness and cheesey, rehearsed, embarrassing one liners.

Stopped watching it for years for this reason then got back into it last one. Fear it could be a bore fest this year as on early showings they're a pretty dull bunch without anyone like the domineering florist (can't remember her name) of last series.

Still, like Jeremy Kyle, it's a welcome reminder that no matter how much of a **** I am there is always a multitude of worse ****s out there...so I'll probably stick with it for those weekly pick ups it offers me.
  • The issue here is how weak the definition of the word celebrity now is and the public's appetite for the tosh we get dished up on channels like ITV2. The Apprentice is an entertaining show that has probably had its best days, but it has never been about finding great business people. I'm sure the biggest factor in deciding who the contestants will be is around potential entertainment value.

We like to feel superior to people so when we see them making massive mistakes and missing the obvious we can shout at the tv. If they were all mildly competent it wouldn't be half as enjoyable. Who wants to see them showing that they a better at business than you. Of course the format creates the theatre too. They have to try to make themselves look good at the expense of others. Team work is an important part of a successful business, but it has to take a back seat to back biting and confrontation.

the best contestant on it is probably tom the inventor think he is doing pretty well now the only sort of half sensible ideas show that still works is dragons den.
    Chizz said:

James Max was on LBC for a while. I recall Sugar actively criticising him for using the show as a platform to get some kind of unrelated media career.

Given that the odds of getting investment being so slim it is like a hugely protracted version of the appalling dragons den and quite obviously staged to ignite conflict and create pantomime monsters and dummies out of the contestants....a marked difference from the original first series which would perhaps be almost be unrecognisable as the same programme.

On that basis I imagine many on there apply for the slim hope they may get a z list celeb/media gig on Loose Women or The Wright Stuff as a "entrepreneur" or "business expert" before publishing their sex tape in a desperate bid to stay relevant in the public consciousness.
  • That task should have been pretty easy.

How on earth are the fines calculated?
  • Surprised at who was fired. While she's incredibly annoying, she wasn't why they lost the task

What did sugar say about keeping those he thought would be an asset moving forward?
  • Plastic surgery on lips never works does it?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Surprised at who was fired. While she's incredibly annoying, she wasn't why they lost the task

What did sugar say about keeping those he thought would be an asset moving forward?
    I assume that they had decent business plans whereas the one fired didn't. Or he thought that they had more overall ability, and weren't a complete disaster...
  • Dazzler21 said:

That task should have been pretty easy.

How on earth are the fines calculated?

They usually have a fixed penalty price for each missing item, plus there's a set fine for being late
  • Chizz said:

luisa zissmann celebrity big brother
    gobby northern one jess i think celebrity big brother

okay all may have been a bit flippant but a few turn up in these awful reality shows and arent they supposed to be business people.
    OK. So a couple of people have been on The Apprentice and then gone on to appear on other reality shows too.