Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue Gerron, whose name gave Buddy Holly the title to the song, has passed away aged 78. Probably one of the most famous "not famous" people in history?

Comments

• More like Peggy Who?
  • If you knew Peggy Sue RIP
  • edited October 2018
    RIP. She only got married the other day.
  • RIP. Apparently made good friends with Richie Valens' Donna
  • edited October 2018
    And a very sincere belated RIP to someone else I've never considered before, Jean Genet. Of Bowie fame. I've never met him and I have no connection with him, but who sadly died in 1986.
  • If you knew Peggy Sue..................

My Peggy, my Peggy Sue oo o.

Apologies, after nearly 60 years memories dim a bit.

Still remember the great melody and emotion of the time.
  • Now I know why I feel blue.
  • Thought she'd have been older than that. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Peggy Sue Gerron, whose name gave Buddy Holly the title to the song, has passed away aged 78. Probably one of the most famous "not famous" people in history?

Would’ve been even more ‘not famous’ had the record been cut using the originally intended ‘Cindy lou’ as the girls name.

RIP.
  • Peggy Sue Gerron, whose name gave Buddy Holly the title to the song, has passed away aged 78. Probably one of the most famous "not famous" people in history?

Would’ve been even more ‘not famous’ had the record been cut using the originally intended ‘Cindy lou’ as the girls name.

RIP.
    Which is why I said she gave the song it's title, not the inspiration. I think Cindy Lou was his niece?
  • Peggy Suicide?