Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Google Gmail

Any one thinking about leaving Gmail since they changed it and cocked it up. The Classic was far better.

Comments

• What do you mean they've cocked it up?

It still works pretty well.
  • Have to admit I still quite like the new format
  • Find it a lot better than the old one.
  • It's superb! Far better than the old one that hadn't been updated for over 10 years.
  • Derek1952 said:

Any one thinking about leaving Gmail since they changed it and cocked it up. The Classic was far better.

You can access gmail accounts from other email apps such as outlook. Changing and email address can cause similar issues to changing your address or phone number.
  • Derek1952 said:

Don't say that. I am just in the process of migrating to gmail having had a Tiscali email address wedded to Tiscali/TalkTalk as my internet provider for ~25 years. Want to change internet providers and have the flexibility not to be tied down going forward.

Do most find gmail ok?
  • I've used Gmail for years and it is excellent. The latest changes appear cosmetic and work well and seems faster.
  • Derek1952 said:

Don't say that. I am just in the process of migrating to gmail having had a Tiscali email address wedded to Tiscali/TalkTalk as my internet provider for ~25 years. Want to change internet providers and have the flexibility not to be tied down going forward.

Do most find gmail ok?
    I've just done exactly the same thing - migrating from an @btinternet.com email address after about 20 years with them. Absolute nightmare changing email addresses for every online account!

Gmail is spot on as far.
  • bobmunro said:

Derek1952 said:

Do most find gmail ok?
    I've just done exactly the same thing - migrating from an @btinternet.com email address after about 20 years with them. Absolute nightmare changing email addresses for every online account!

Gmail is spot on as far.
    Thanks for that confirmation. Am currently setting up auto-forwarding of emails from current email to gmail. Sat down this morning and at first pass came up with a list of ~80 online accounts for my wife and I where we will have to change addresses. Am sure there are many more. Happy days!
  • Very handy for booking hotel rooms in Belgium ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Gmail is great
  • edited October 2018
    Got Google mail pretty much the moment it came out.
    Was a no brainer for me. I can get mail pretty much anywhere on pretty much anything.

And that email address will probably see me out to my dying days