Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton v Charlton - Post Match Views

Late drama

Who’s Solly now?

Over to you

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Felt beforehand that four points from Luton and Scunthorpe would be a very good return

Dont know which is the harder to get the win from though

Hopefully thats good enough to deny Bowyer the Manager of the Month award
  • Considering how good they are at home and how that was probably our weakest performance bar maybe Accrington it’s a good point

Grant and Taylor are the key
  • Now that feels like a win! but for the bar ot could have been.

This siege never say die mentality in the squad is a great thing, cant wait for Scunthorpe Tuesday night now!!
  • That's a good result on the day and proves the spirit that exists within the squad !
  • Draw was definitely the fair result, felt like they were better for about half hour of the first half and then second half we came out strong and conceded two soft goals. Sollys late equaliser was deserved. Luton played some good football at times and have some good players. They will be up there towards the end.

I didn't record the first half because I forgot to but I did record the second half if anyone would be intersted. I'm just not sure where to upload it, assuming if I upload it on YouTube they will take it down?
  • Anything better than a defeat away from home is always good.

Win at home draw away = 2 points a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• wasn’t deserved but was deserved at the same time. real test of character and we came through it. that’s what promotion teams do, get points in games where they play badly. we’re on our wayyyyyyy
  • I predicted a Desmond on preview and was never in doubt when you have goal scoring full backs !
  • I'm going for a lay down after that.
  • Thought we were brilliant in patches, less good in others. Taylor and Igor did not link in anywhere near the same way as Taylor and Grant, although I thought Taylor was still decent. Aribo was MOM for us. Deserved a draw over the balance of the whole 90 minutes but we couldn't have complained too much if Luton had won, they were very decent.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
  • @Beardface has put a gif of the Solly goal on the match thread. 8 players in their box. Celebrating mocking their fans, Players like Solly and Aribo doing it who are normally placid. Was there some needle there today?
  • Great way to claw it back. Such scenes in the away end when Solly scored so buzzing, but so frustrated at the lapses in concentration that allowed them back in the game when we were in control

Couldn’t see who cocked up for their equaliser but was very annoyed. And then to just cave in a few minutes later makes me question the defence a bit

However great spirit to fight back and go till the end

point a fair result given our naivety at the back and sloppiness. Hope we learn our lesson as up until about the 70th minute, we were in control
  • Yessss!!!!!!!! Get in there!!!! Just got off the tube thinking we’d lost to just see the equaliser come in!!
  • Two observations from those goals above.

1. Not sure Steer has to come for the first. If he stays their striker would've had a worse angle or he takes a touch and the defenders are on him.
    2. Wtf are Luton wearing red at home for?
  • @Beardface has put a gif of the Solly goal on the match thread. 8 players in their box. Celebrating mocking their fans, Players like Solly and Aribo doing it who are normally placid. Was there some needle there today?

Just before the goal went in, the Luton fans in that corner were refusing to give us the ball back to take the corner. More a bit of "haha got what you deserved" reaction...
    They bloody did too.