Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Glad Olly asked about the Ahearne being dropped from his name as have been curious since he did it
  • Glad Olly asked about the Ahearne being dropped from his name as have been curious since he did it

The BBC still include Ahearne, so his name hasn't been changed everywhere!

The elephant in the room concerning Karlan though is what happened in Ibiza. Is he still under investigation, and did being arrested make him change his approach to life and football?
  • edited September 2018

Glad Olly asked about the Ahearne being dropped from his name as have been curious since he did it

The BBC still include Ahearne, so his name hasn't been changed everywhere!

The elephant in the room concerning Karlan though is what happened in Ibiza. Is he still under investigation, and did being arrested make him change his approach to life and football?
    Yeah I wonder if Ibiza has matured him, we probably wont ever find that out from him though

Unfortunately the BBC or Sky dont bother do research into life outside of the Football League so wont have a clue about the change which'll have to have been done in registration terms with the EFL so they're actually getting that information wrong whenever they put him on the line-ups etc.
  • edited September 2018
    Genuinely think him and Taylor get on really well, you can see it in their play and interactions on the pitch. 10 in 9 between them has to tell you something. Hope Karlan continues to impress and gets the long term contract he has shown he deserves.
  • Comes across as a nice lad. He's been great so far this season, I hope he and Taylor continue to fire our way to promotion.
  • Good lad, sounds like he's got his head in the right place and he can keep getting better if he keeps on working like he has and learning. Hope we see him in a charlton shirt for a few years to come. Credit to Steve Avory for his part as well.
  • Good interview.
  • edited September 2018
    When the Ibiza stuff kicked off, a number of people on here were lining up to trash talk him, saying he was full of himself and a bit of a wrongun. Without any evidence personally I found my feelings on him a bit tainted and if that was all bollox and he’s actually a nice lad, that’s a real shame
  • Has it really been 77 appearances since his debut? Wow
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleased for him - always thought he had something about him. The loan to Crawley certainly helped him on his way - as has an extended run of games since the start of the season. Long may it continue.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Was penny the name of his holiday friend?

Not really appropriate is it?
    Just ignore it. Best way. I used to rise to it, but he's just after a reaction.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Speaking from my own perspective, I'm happy to continue to rise to it if only to try and get someone - anyone - not necessarily smudge7946 - to realise that this sort of thing IS NOT OKAY.

No way am I letting someone's victim blaming pervade.
    When you talk about a victim, I assume you mean the two men wrongly accused of an awful crime!
  • PaddyP17 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Speaking from my own perspective, I'm happy to continue to rise to it if only to try and get someone - anyone - not necessarily smudge7946 - to realise that this sort of thing IS NOT OKAY.

No way am I letting someone's victim blaming pervade.
    When you talk about a victim, I assume you mean the two men wrongly accused of an awful crime!
    Obviously in this case both Karlan and Reeco were accused of a crime that they did not commit.

However, I assume that you're being facetious, and as a wonderfully generous spirit who knows what I'm on about, knows that I'm referring to the wider context of women who put forward allegations of sexual assault or rape as the victims.

7946's comment implies "jokingly" that the woman involved in the incident over the summer was a slut, or slag, or whatever nasty word someone may wish to use. As such, I rise to his comment, which is reflective of his wider posting history that has tended to victim blame, or accuse women of making "easy" false allegations, et al.

This in my book is not okay. Equally, being accused of a crime and then not being charged/sentenced - especially in this context - is never straightforward. (Look at Beckham getting off a speeding ticket on a technicality.)

Sexual assault is a very, VERY difficult area to truly judge/convict, which is why I'm not going to allow people like 7946 to make derogatory comments when the report/charges may have been justified, but not necessarily legally.

It's a really sad situation and there may have been reasons to report it that were as valid as reasons to throw the case out of court. Just because someone was acquitted doesn't mean the woman who was involved is a slut or whatever insult you want to put out there. Fuck sake.
  • Maybe I'm out of the loop with regards to slang used these days, but I just don't see how anyone was called a slag / slut.

All I saw was a shit joke made in bad taste, is it possible you're reading a little too much into the comment based on your opinion of the poster?
  • Good article.

By his own admission the loan at Cambridge didn't work out because of his attitude, so it's almost as if he saw the Crawley loan as a last throw of the dice. If that hadn't worked out, who knows where he'd be now.