Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Small-lsh SUV's and CD players

Mazdas new range of SUV's have CD players.
Any known other makes?
Ford's have woken up and at least do an £150.00 option.
Everyone I've spoken to still want a in car CD player.

Comments

• I don't think I've touched a CD in about 6 years.
  • I've got VW T-Roc R line, it's got a cd player hidden away in the glove box, never used it, got a usb stick with 4000 songs, plus spotify.
  • I like both options.

Nissan have both btw.
  • wrighty said:

Any known other makes?

When the CD player on my ancient Focus packed up, I got one with Bluetooth as well. So much more convenient to play MP3s from my phone rather than CDs, especially on a long journey
  • wrighty said:

Any known other makes?

Yep......I'm with you on that. My last car (Jag XF) had one but 2 years ago I went for the XE. Wasn't until handover day when I was moving items from old car to new that I asked the dealer where the CD player was as I had half a dozen in the glovebox to put somewhere.

This year summer holiday to Devon meant hooking up the phone to the bluetooth thingy & playing tunes via YouTube via car stereo. Not satisfactory state of affairs

And I don't have Ipod's or datasticks.
  • I have all my cds electroniclally stored now and in Apple libraries. Can see no real need for a CD player if my car has Bluetooth and the ability to charge the phone.
  • But why not have both and leave a CD player in.

• And I don't have Ipod's or datasticks.

Neither do l.
  • Got a Peugeot 3008 - no CD player , listen to albums on a memory stick and also have Bluetooth.
  • Recently got a skoda karoq, no cd player in it. Really don't see the need for cds now when you can just get all your music in one place.
  • Sponsored links:

• In car on my own - Talksport
    In car with wife and kids - Heart or Capital

I don’t have iPod, memory sticks or CD’s
    The only album on my iPhone is the U2 one that auto downloaded onto the phone for free. Never listened to it.
  • I'd like a new car with an eight track player in it ......................................
  • Mazda CX-5 is s bloody great car btw
  • Swisdom said:

Mazda CX-5 is s bloody great car btw

Test drove one, gearbox on the manual is superb but was looking for a family car and didn't get that feeling with it. Lovely car though.
  • Haven't used a cd in a car for about 5 years despite my cars all having them, why do you need a CD player?
  • Swisdom said:

Mazda CX-5 is s bloody great car btw

I have a 2015 CX5 from new. Automatic with Sat Nav and 2.2 engine. Great car and get around 45 mpg. The latest version has a better interior and heads-up display as standard and a sportier feel. Would recommend. Oh and a CD player (used once or twice...).
  • Do any SUV’s come with a gramophone?
  • Rob7Lee said:

Haven't used a cd in a car for about 5 years despite my cars all having them, why do you need a CD player?

to play all the CD's I have. I don't download anything. Haven't got the time & can't be arsed.
  • I think you find Nissan still have CD players.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Haven't used a cd in a car for about 5 years despite my cars all having them, why do you need a CD player?

to play all the CD's I have. I don't download anything. Haven't got the time & can't be arsed.
    Stream it!!!

I was really against it, I liked CD's, I like the case! But once you start you'll never buy another CD again.
  • Sponsored links:

• My Bentley has a gramophone player. You have to go easy over speedbumps but the reproduction on my 78s is second to none.
  • My Bentley has a gramophone player. You have to go easy over speedbumps but the reproduction on my 78s is second to none.

WUM.
  • Go large.

My Discovery has a full symphony orchestra in the back. Brass section can get a bit noisy though.
  • Addickted said:

Go large.

My Discovery has a full symphony orchestra in the back. Brass section can get a bit noisy though.

Do you have a sun roof for the trombone player?
  • Addickted said:

Go large.

Do you have a sun roof for the trombone player?
    Tried that, but it caused problems with the timpani section on the roof