Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2019 - Worst Case Scenario

RD still owns the club and the players whose contracts expire in July have not signed new contracts. RD sells Fosu, Grant, Page and Bauer which results in Bowyer and Jackson walking out.

Unbelieveable ? I wonder

Comments

• Don' think that's the worst case scenario, and I don't think Bowyer and Jackson would walk out like that. Neither are guaranteed to walk into another job and, as dispiriting as working for Roland is, as long as he's looking to sell then there's always the hope that a sensible owner is just around the corner who'll give them a chance with some proper funding or at least sack them and therefore have to pay up their contracts.
  • Its more the reluctance to get carried away and hope that we've a promotion winning team as we know what a bastard Roland is
  • I understand about the fear, and it is real.

However, theoretically speaking, what if we are not far off automatics in January, would the players mentioned in the OP not want to stay and get promoted after all their hard work and reward themselves and Bowyer and Jackson too?

That way they are already in the Championship and won’t need to move. If we weren’t to get promoted, they leave for nothing at the end of the season and walk into another club with a big signing on fee.
  • We’ll be promoted by then so getting rid of all that dead wood will help us build a team to challenge at the top of the Championship next season.
  • RD still owns the club and the players whose contracts expire in July have not signed new contracts. RD sells Fosu, Grant, Page and Bauer which results in Bowyer and Jackson walking out.

Unbelieveable ? I wonder

Are you a remainer...........more project fear.

think positive & think Brexit. Jan 1st & we are top 2. RD gives it one more go & sanctions a couple of signings. Knows for a few hundred thousand now we could get promotion & then he'll get the price we wants in the summer when we're a championship club.
  • se9addick said:

We’ll be promoted by then so getting rid of all that dead wood will help us build a team to challenge at the top of the Championship next season.

Yep just backed us to get 100 points this season
  • It could happen Lancs, but equally we could even strengthen. Who knows, none of us that’s for sure.
  • Don't worry about January it'll be the end of the season if knob chops is still here
  • clb74 said:

se9addick said:

We’ll be promoted by then so getting rid of all that dead wood will help us build a team to challenge at the top of the Championship next season.

Yes of little faith...we can still finish on 128!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    se9addick said:

clb74 said:

se9addick said:

Yes of little faith...we can still finish on 128!
    The bookies didn't offer me odds on 128 though
  • Why when we are on the back of 4 wins in a row

2 goalscoring forwards player

A decent manager and backroom staff.

Do we have to look at the negatives.

If and I mean if that happens in Jan then we will cross that bridge when we come to it but thats 3 months away, can we not just enjoy the ride whilst we are on it.

I like a good ride