Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UNUSUAL HOUSE NAMES

Was strolling round a part of my village I don't often visit, just taking the air, enjoying the Indian summer weather and looking at the nice houses and gardens both old and new.

One very smart detached house had a brass plate attached to the gatepost bearing the name .. AD-E-NUF .. love it .. hahahaha

Comments

• Options
    The house next to my boyhood home had Letmebe on the front garden gate.
  • Options

My nan has a sign next to her door it says the house number and underneath it says Llamedos (read backwards)

that's welsh for 'Done Shagging Sheep'
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I've seen a few of those .. some people have a great sense of humour .. long may it last ((:>)
  • Options

Not a house name, but @DaveMehmet lives in an aptly named road.

I can’t remeber your street name but I know your girlfriend doesn’t live here

I do though :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    A mate lived at Wit's End. It was his dad's idea of fun - in that he reckoned his son was so bonkers he was indeed at his wits' end. But which is the right place for the apostrophe?

Edited to add and there's a bungalow up the road called Corgwood. I think they breed Welsh Corgis.
  • Options
    When I moved to Beltinge I had a house name sign made up saying
    Beltyaminge
  • Options
    Not really unusual, but Billy Bond's house in Chislehurst is, I believe, called "The Terrace" after the old east terrace that he used to run up and down after normal training to keep super fit.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

That’s where @DaveMehmet used to live.
  • Options

I've seen a few of those .. some people have a great sense of humour .. long may it last ((:>)

Great sense of humour? Unimaginative in my opinion. 'Dunromin' esq....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Assume it says Young Fish on the other side?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    My brother has a cottage in Ireland, it’s address is and he didn’t change it. Carlton-a-Valley. The H is silent.
  • Options
    Not unusual but our house is called Near The Wood which most people seem to think is lovely.
  • Options
    I lived in Shitterton after uni, my mum still lives there.
  • Options

Not unusual but our house is called Near The Wood which most people seem to think is lovely.

Is it?

Near the woods?
  • Options
    Cycled pass a house yesterday “Chez Moo”. Cows in the field opposite.
  • Options

This is in the village of Ludford, near Market Rasen Lincolnshire

• Options
    I live next to "Moorecocks Farm" I had trouble keeping my wife out of there when we first moved in :wink:
  • Options
    Lillian Road in Barnes used to be called Fanny Road but the sign was stolen so many times that they had to change the name,' he says. 'There is a road called Arterberry Road in Wimbledon where some wag keeps painting a 'F' in front. They keep replacing the sign but the mystery signwriter keeps coming back

Sherborne Lane, near Cannon Street, was originally Shiteburn Lane, meaning shit house after the public lavatories in it

The Corporation might also be less than keen on an alley off Cheapside called, er, Gropecunt Lane. 'It was probably either a haunt of prostitutes or somewhere where young people went - a sort of lovers' lane,'

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2004/apr/18/property.homebuying1
  • Options
    There is a residential home near us called the limes, god know how many times an S has been added to the beginning.