Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cover to Cover - Jackson Browne v Jackson 5

You know how it works.

Two versions of the same song.

Listen to both without prejudice and say which you prefer, is it the 1972 Jackson Browne California Country Rock original that was a hit in the US or the 1972 Jackson 5 Motown pop cover that was a hit in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsM7qCulsRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2zWXpdZo8g

Comments

• Options
    I like both versions but if I had to pick I’d say Jackson Browne is slightly better .
  • Options
    Jackson Browne - comfortably.
  • Options
    Jackson Browne all day long. One of my favourite musicians.

Listen to his albums if you haven't yet.
  • Options
    Jackson Browne, because its Jackson Browne.
  • Options
    The Jackson Browne version is a classic .. he wrote the song .. it's worth listening to for the brilliant guitar work from the late, great unheralded Jesse Ed Davis .. the J5 version is a mess
  • Options
    Jackson Browne by a mile. The Jackson 5 version is over produced and yet doesn't allow the listener to hear the walking bass line, swing tempo played on the ride cymbal together with bongos and the guitar solo which are all so evident in the original JB treatment of the song.
  • Options
    Having heard the Jackosn 5 version first on TOTP I still think of it as a great pop song and I seem to rate it higher than most.

Are there no soul boys or soul girls out there or just a lot of old hippies : - )
  • Options
    Not over excited by either (not heard either version before), but probably prefer the original Jackson Browne version, which seems more harmonious
  • Options
    Jackson Browne, mostly because that is one of my favourite albums. The Jackson 5 one still carries good memories tho.
  • Options

Having heard the Jackosn 5 version first on TOTP I still think of it as a great pop song and I seem to rate it higher than most.

Are there no soul boys or soul girls out there or just a lot of old hippies : - )

Proud to be an old hippy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Browne.