Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grant & Page in contract talks

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Hmm I dont trust Roland and his bloody Contract talks anymore the way Fosu | Aribo | Bauer appear to have been messed around - Its a shame as it also says that the club have told Lewis and Karlan that new Contracts will be offered but no mention of when

This is further rubbish that could have been resolved in the summer regardless of the owner!!
  • We could end up entering a 5 a side tournament next season.
  • clb74 said:

We could end up entering a 5 a side tournament next season.

As long as we don’t need subs
  • Be a name change next season
    Loans and frees fc
  • Good luck with getting Dillon to sign a new contract, seeing that once again he has been pushed aside by a loanee!
  • Good luck with getting Dillon to sign a new contract, seeing that once again he has been pushed aside by a loanee!

Yeah I know people dont rate Dillon but if I were him I'd leave this summer regardless

Cant see him having to drop more than a League to battle back
  • we need to keep all four outfield players.. youngsters who are having good seasons and will get better and better ..
    I've said it on here umpteen times before, I do not rate Phillips and history suggests that nor have recent CAFC managers .. I am always on tenterhooks whenever he is in goal .. if he moves on, good luck but we need two keepers who are as close as possible to 100% confident and reliable
  • When I saw the headline I though Led Zep were going back on the road :smiley:
  • Positive news
  • If Roland hasn't sold the club by the beginning of next season then, whatever division we are in, he will offer derisory contracts and basically if you don't like it you can do one! We could be fielding a team of Under21's next year!!
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

If Roland hasn't sold the club by the beginning of next season then, whatever division we are in, he will offer derisory contracts and basically if you don't like it you can do one! We could be fielding a team of Under21's next year!!

It's not in his financial interest for 3/4 of the squad to walk away for nothing though. While not wanting to spend more than he has too, losing our best players for nothing will hardly help in getting a good price for the club...

True. But it might be a condition of the loan that Steer plays if fit or x number of games in a season so outside of Bowyer's control.
  • addick05 said:

If Roland hasn't sold the club by the beginning of next season then, whatever division we are in, he will offer derisory contracts and basically if you don't like it you can do one! We could be fielding a team of Under21's next year!!

It's not in his financial interest for 3/4 of the squad to walk away for nothing though. While not wanting to spend more than he has too, losing our best players for nothing will hardly help in getting a good price for the club...
    Agree, but if we sell our best players who do you think will replace them? Roland will not spend any real money and will insist on getting in loan players/kids.

• Roland's contract talks usually end with him offering less than they're already earning.

Why would you bother signing a new contract if you're Phillips?
  • addick05 said:

addick05 said:

Agree, but if we sell our best players who do you think will replace them? Roland will not spend any real money and will insist on getting in loan players/kids.

To be fair the likes of Pratley and Taylor will still be on very good wages for this division.
  • edited September 2018

Roland's contract talks usually end with him offering less than they're already earning.

Why would you bother signing a new contract if you're Phillips?

I'm sure Dillon is more bothered about being sub to a loan keeper 3 seasons running!

I'm not sure if he's good enough or not but he was very unlucky to lose his place to Steer.
  • edited September 2018
    Very unlucky?
  • Very unlucky?

Corrected :smile:
  • addick05 said:

You're crediting the ludicrous old fart with any football-business nouse whatsoever. He has none, nada, rien, zilch, zero.
    He won't sanction any outgoings or commitments at all. He's on record as believing that players are interchangeable. When has he ever shown any signs of taking advice from credible, experienced sources? Bowyer can negotiate all he likes but relying on the twunt to continue to provide a working budget has to be a high risk strategy for manager and players alike.