Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CHARLTON 2 PLYMOUTH 1 - 22/09/18 - POST MATCH THREAD

edited September 2018 in General Charlton
Left it late but finally got a result the performance deserved. Great three points.

Comments

• Up to 6th. Another happy Saturday eve. Long may the unbeaten run continue. Showing we have a bit of patience and tenacity this season. :smiley:
  • I like Saturdays...
  • Vital win given that most of the other top sides won. Barnsley was postponed so Pompey the only top side not to win.

Up into 6th place, 4 wins on the spin. Just wish we could win a game comfortably though.
  • Watched on iFollow. Thought we looked a bit shaky at the back.

We looked quality going forward and was well deserved in the end. Please we got the win as would not want Taylor worrying about the missed pen.

Loved the bit at the end where he was telling the fans in the covererd end to keep the ball haha.

Credit to Bowyer on the sub.

Onwards we march with Fosu and Billy Boy to come back

COYR’s
  • I think I need to go to the games, I can't stand the tension of reading the match thread.

Not knocking the match thread, of course. As ever, thanks to the contributors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Woo Hoo.
    Delighted for KAG
    Well done to Bow and the lads.
  • robroy said:

Watched on iFollow. Thought we looked a bit shaky at the back.

We looked quality going forward and was well deserved in the end. Please we got the win as would not want Taylor worrying about the missed pen.

Loved the bit at the end where he was telling the fans in the covererd end to keep the ball haha.

COYR’s

Totally agree mate. Watched on iFollow also and did look shaky at the back, especially first half.

Tireless work from Grant and Taylor again; chased a lot of long balls in the first half. Aribo had a really good first half but Ward was anonymous throughout and Cullen was unable to really stamp his authority on the game.

Make no mistake though, we would not have won this last season and everyone worked really hard. My only (subjective) criticism again is of Reeves. I just don't get it? He runs round in circles and more often than not his end product is poor! Too many attempts at cute little passes that don't seem to come off. Perhaps I look for it? I don't know.

Plymouth were no mugs either by the way and will (arguably) be disappointed they didn't get a draw. They were well set up, especially second half, and will not be fighting relegation in my opinion. Whether they can do a similar charge again like last season though I'm not sure.

West Country commentators were also very complimentary of our passing which was good to hear. Real good feel about this at the moment.
  • Look out opened up another. Please see that one. Will copy and paste your posts up for you all

Cheers
  • Ffs - reopened
  • Thought KAG was poor overall - should have laid it to Taylor for a tap in and was sleeping when we hit the post and could've tapped in. If he can sort that out and keep scoring!! Needs someone to better coach him.

But scored 2 - whoosh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wish we were better at taking Penalties they are golden opportunities to win or draw games if behind.
  • Thought KAG was poor overall - should have laid it to Taylor for a tap in and was sleeping when we hit the post and could've tapped in. If he can sort that out and keep scoring!! Needs someone to better coach him.

But scored 2 - whoosh?
    Exactly -with better coaching he'll get even more!!
  • great to win with a very late goal (instead of conceding for a change) .. Grant has come of age in the past few weeks .. Bowyer ? .. must be L1 manager of the month .. and soon the year we hope .. come on youse Addicks !!
  • I enjoyed that.
    Should have been 4 or 5 . Glad for just the 2 in the end though . Plymouth were shocking and if there’s a worse seam in league 1 I’d be surprised.
    Aribo man of the match for me . Worked tirelessly.
    Solly worries me . He backs of and backs off and lets the winger put the cross in every time .
    COYR!
  • Was it Igor getting the assist for Karlan's 2nd goal?

Pearcey got the assist for the 1st goal.

• robroy said:

Watched on iFollow. Thought we looked a bit shaky at the back.

COYR’s

Totally agree mate. Watched on iFollow also and did look shaky at the back, especially first half.

Tireless work from Grant and Taylor again; chased a lot of long balls in the first half. Aribo had a really good first half but Ward was anonymous throughout and Cullen was unable to really stamp his authority on the game.

Make no mistake though, we would not have won this last season and everyone worked really hard. My only (subjective) criticism again is of Reeves. I just don't get it? He runs round in circles and more often than not his end product is poor! Too many attempts at cute little passes that don't seem to come off. Perhaps I look for it? I don't know.

Plymouth were no mugs either by the way and will (arguably) be disappointed they didn't get a draw. They were well set up, especially second half, and will not be fighting relegation in my opinion. Whether they can do a similar charge again like last season though I'm not sure.

West Country commentators were also very complimentary of our passing which was good to hear. Real good feel about this at the moment.
    Our lot said Reeves had a brilliant game?
  • Oggy Red said:

Was it Igor getting the assist for Karlan's 2nd goal?

Pearcey got the assist for the 1st goal.

Igor’s was the last touch before Karlan. Generous to call it an assist though, it certainly wasn’t an intentional pass to Karlan.