Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Michael Palin series starts Thursday night. Sept 20th.

edited September 2018 in Not Sports Related
Consider this to be a must watch series........IMHO.
Channel 5....9.00pm......set to record the series folks.
Not sure how many episodes there are but it’s all set in North Korea.......as we all know, his travel programmes are second to none and this one looks set to be totally absorbing.

Comments

• You might want to correct the title to say September :smile:

It'll be interesting how much freedom he has, I suspect his movements will be tightly monitored
  • Palin used to be a comedian and actor before he became famous as a travel writer
  • Hope it will be good. Wonder why he went to C5 though
  • You might want to correct the title to say September :smile:

It'll be interesting how much freedom he has, I suspect his movements will be tightly monitored

Apparently he starts in the Superstore, before visiting the changing rooms and the pitch. The boardroom is a strict no go area as is the kitchen where our Tone is working on a Vegetarian menu. ;)
  • let's hope it's not sheer hagiography along the lines of .. 'I've seen the future and it works' .. said in the 1930s as Stalin was undertaking the starvation of millions and the mass executions of thousands more .. or .. 'Herr Hitler has got peaceful Germany working again' .. it'll be interesting but old Palin is a first class bullshitter and I for one won't be taking it too seriously
  • edited September 2018

let's hope it's not sheer hagiography along the lines of .. 'I've seen the future and it works' .. said in the 1930s as Stalin was undertaking the starvation of millions and the mass executions of thousands more .. or .. 'Herr Hitler has got peaceful Germany working again' .. it'll be interesting but old Palin is a first class bullshitter and I for one won't be taking it too seriously

WTF???
    i'd wait until you've seen it before you start with the WTFing
  • Sponsored links:

• let's hope it's not sheer hagiography along the lines of .. 'I've seen the future and it works' .. said in the 1930s as Stalin was undertaking the starvation of millions and the mass executions of thousands more .. or .. 'Herr Hitler has got peaceful Germany working again' .. it'll be interesting but old Palin is a first class bullshitter and I for one won't be taking it too seriously

WTF???
    Likewise, before you start making unfounded assumptions.
    He’s a first class bull shitter.....some examples please.
  • Facinating, but did I hear correctly? 5 litres of beer coupons each month for every man from the state?!?
  • Facinating, but did I hear correctly? 5 litres of beer coupons each month for every man from the state?!?

Yes please, where do I sign?

Yep,very strange....do the women get the same but for a fruity based beverage??
  • edited September 2018
    Fascinating episode. MP showing his age but as disarming as usual.
  • Brilliant, but now I want to see a photo of MP holding fridays paper. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    A good start to the series.....thoroughly enjoyable, though somewhat disturbing.
    Yes.....he’s certainly aged hasn’t he.

WTF???
    Likewise, before you start making unfounded assumptions.
    He’s a first class bull shitter.....some examples please.
    to be clear, I regard Palin as a first class entertainer/actor/presenter/comedian/philosopher .. I used the term 'bullshitter' as a backhanded compliment .. like all good entertainers, Palin is a master at using exaggeration to generate a sense of wonder and is able to make the mundane appear extraordinary .. I didn't see the prog yesterday, I'll watch it when I have the time .. I'm sure that it will entertain me even if the picture portrayed of Nth Korea is a caricature/cartoon version of reality
  • Thanks for making that clear Lincs, I was a little put out to be honest......your original post certainly didn’t reflect your true opinion of him.
    Have to say I’m a huge fan........as you can probably tell.

• Imagine living in a country with a leader not seemingly respected by much of the world and no opposition worth mentioning

UK with Mrs Mightdo as PM ((:>)

• Imagine living in a country with a leader not seemingly respected by much of the world and no opposition worth mentioning

I imagine Theresa May would like to dispose of her internal enemies like the North Korean leaders do!
  • I found it fascinating & very scary.
    I mean the roads were empty. The people all dressed like they were from the fifties. No advertising other than propaganda. All wearing those badges on the same side of their lapels.
    It was like an episode of the Twilight Zone.
    Looking forward to his exploring the countryside.
    Got to admit I love a bit of Palin.
  • Nothing attractive or compelling about life in North Korea for me. The Kim dynasty is all that is bad about the human condition.