Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    MY old man and my grandad would have been so happy today. Well played Kent, excellent job, great season. Now go and win the title by beating Warks next week.
  • Options

Bloody hell. Success at last.
    I still haven't got over the year we got piped to the title by Worcestershire (1989?) but this certainly helps.

• Options
    Woohoo what a season - competitive in all three formats. We fell just short in One Day and T20 but got over the line in the competition that mattered. :-)
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Bloody hell. Success at last.
    I still haven't got over the year we got piped to the title by Worcestershire (1989?) but this certainly helps.

Christ, imagine how insufferable I'd have been!
  • Options
    Oh wait, you can
  • Options
    So impressed that we've been competitive in all 3 formats. Indeed I've previously wondered if we ought to put our eggs in one basket (i.e. either red or white ball) as in previous seasons we've been reasonably good in both forms without being good enough to succeed in either.
  • Options
    Well played boys - back where we belong after 8 long years.
  • Options
    That was an amazing season - I didn't see that coming in april. Our championship form has been wonderful and we also made the cup final in the 50 over competition, plus a good go in the 20twenty matches. Hats off to all involved.
    It would be great if we could go up as champions, but the important thing was aways to get promotion.

Will we get more money next season?
  • Options
    Does Derek Ufton still go to Kent Cricket?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done lads.
  • Options
    Bilko said:

Well done lads.

Great Avatar!
  • Options
    Warks cruising along at 94-0. It'll be interesting if they set a sporty declaration to go for the win or just bat out the draw. I think a draw would leave them 1 point ahead of Kent.
  • Options

Warks cruising along at 94-0. It'll be interesting if they set a sporty declaration to go for the win or just bat out the draw. I think a draw would leave them 1 point ahead of Kent.

The current table has Kent top with 219 points, Warks second with 214, Sussex third on 178.

A draw for Warks would move them on to 217, two points behind us.

A better result for Kent would be Sussex chasing down a fourth-innings target to give us a bit more wriggle-room (5 points, the inevitable shortfall in our batting points!) in our title challenge next week at Edgbaston.
  • Options
    Well done super kent….
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited September 2018

The current table has Kent top with 219 points, Warks second with 214, Sussex third on 178.

A better result for Kent would be Sussex chasing down a fourth-innings target to give us a bit more wriggle-room (5 points, the inevitable shortfall in our batting points!) in our title challenge next week at Edgbaston.
    Isn't it 5 points for a draw?
  • Options
    Just lifted this from cricinfo:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    CHG said:

Isn't it 5 points for a draw?
    So it is ... bugger. For some reason I was thinking it was 3 points. Maybe that's all they deserve?

(EDIT: I must have had this in my mind: "If the scores are equal in a drawn match, the side batting in the fourth innings to score 8 points plus any points scored in the first innings, and the opposing side to score 3 points plus any points scored in the first innings." In this case Sussex would get 8 points, Warks 3.)

Message to Bilbo and the boys: don't piss about next week - beat Warwickshire and claim what's rightfully ours!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    So a drawn match would leave both Kent and Warks on 219 then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, with Kent top by dint of having more wins including one against Warks if they wanted to go to the head-to-head record.
  • Options
    Yep, both on 219 according to the Cricinfo website.
  • Options

Yes, with Kent top by dint of having more wins including one against Warks if they wanted to go to the head-to-head record.
    Bit of luck it will rain for all 4 days.
  • Options

Bit of luck it will rain for all 4 days.
    Hope not - planning on going for the first two days.

Then it can rain!
  • Options
    With the bad weather around, SO glad we got our game over quickly!
  • Options
    Delighted we are promoted.

Promotion and a Lords final. Best season in a long while.
  • Options
    I accidentally found a Sky prediction article from last Spring which had Kent finishing 7th....

I bumped in to the article when researching what the financial implications are in being promoted,ie how much more revenue could we expect from next season being in Div 1. Anyone know?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Delighted we are promoted.

Promotion and a Lords final. Best season in a long while.

Can you stop comparing us to CAFC now please? 😉
  • Options
    Congratulations to one and all.
  • Options
    Great news. The wilderness years are over - at last.