Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Well done boys!
  • Options
    oioi
  • Options
    Fantastic , lads !

Watch out, Surrey !

The boys WILL be back in Town !
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Glamorgan must be proper shit. If Zak Crawley can score 168 against then, when his scores in the Kent Premier League this year were 47, 11, 0 and 0 at an average of 14.5, then an amateur club side from this neck of the woods would give them a very good game.

Crawley was struggling for form earlier in the season. Sometimes it's a mental thing
    I fear that DBD's issues are more technical in nature.

His white ball stats are good but he has struggled in the CC for the last couple of seasons - no hundreds and less than 1,000 runs from 47 innings at an average of 22.66 makes his position in the team somewhat vulnerable especially if (and hopefully when) we are playing in Div 1 next season.
  • Options
    NEVER.IN.DOUBT
  • Options
    The worst case scenario is us needing 1 point next week. I think we should be able to manage to take 3 wickets in 110 overs with our attack!
  • Options

The worst case scenario is us needing 1 point next week. I think we should be able to manage to take 3 wickets in 110 overs with our attack!

The weather may be a factor though...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Rain for 4 days, we get the draw!
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Glamorgan must be proper shit. If Zak Crawley can score 168 against then, when his scores in the Kent Premier League this year were 47, 11, 0 and 0 at an average of 14.5, then an amateur club side from this neck of the woods would give them a very good game.

The difference, sometimes, between performances in the First Class game against that demonstrated at Club level is, on occasions, puzzling.

For batsmen, there is the excuse that the tracks simply aren't as good at amateur level. Bowlers probably can only argue that the level of fielding is lacking but I'm not sure that this necessary holds any real value.

The former Kent wicket keeper Steve Marsh played for Stockbury, a village side near Sittingbourne who play at a level or worse than most of us on here have played at, following his retirement from Kent. His batting average was low thirties. This is a man who scored over 10,000 first class runs at a shade over 28 and, incidentally, his batting average in Kent matches was (is) better than Alan Knott.

Make of that what you will.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Rain for 4 days, we get the draw!
    True!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win, are we up yet?

Anyone know how many more points we need, matches to go?
  • Options

Only Duckworth Lewis can answer this one, with so many variations :-)
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

He hasn’t been posting recently is he still around?
  • Options

Sussex fail to score 400, we're up
    Sussex fail to beat Warks, we're up.
    Sussex fail to get 24 points next week, we're up
    We get one bonus point next week...we're up

:smile:
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

One match to go after this round is fully finished.

If Sussex can win their ongoing match at Warwickshire with maximum batting bonus points then they will be 23 points behind us.

If they were then to win their last match with maximum batting and bowling bonus points and we were to lose our final match at Warwickshire with no bonus points then Sussex would gain promotion by one point from us.

If we can pick up 2 bonus points at Warwickshire or gain a draw because of poor weather then we finish second irrespective of anything Sussex do or don't do.

If Sussex fail to beat Warwickshire in their present match we finish second.

Sure I've missed something but someone else can chip in if I have.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

PaddyP17 said:

The difference, sometimes, between performances in the First Class game against that demonstrated at Club level is, on occasions, puzzling.

For batsmen, there is the excuse that the tracks simply aren't as good at amateur level. Bowlers probably can only argue that the level of fielding is lacking but I'm not sure that this necessary holds any real value.

The former Kent wicket keeper Steve Marsh played for Stockbury, a village side near Sittingbourne who play at a level or worse than most of us on here have played at, following his retirement from Kent. His batting average was low thirties. This is a man who scored over 10,000 first class runs at a shade over 28 and, incidentally, his batting average in Kent matches was (is) better than Alan Knott.

Make of that what you will.
    In Marsh’s first season out of the 1st class game he played for Gore Court in the Kent League and smashed it! Scored over 700 runs in 2002. He continued for a few years there with former Kent teammate Martin McCague who also scored heavily and they took GC from Div II to the Premier League.
  • Options
    Brown out for 99!

Feel sorry for him, but that's surely it now for Sussex who are 312-7
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

PeterGage said:

One match to go after this round is fully finished.

If Sussex can win their ongoing match at Warwickshire with maximum batting bonus points then they will be 23 points behind us.

If they were then to win their last match with maximum batting and bowling bonus points and we were to lose our final match at Warwickshire with no bonus points then Sussex would gain promotion by one point from us.

If we can pick up 2 bonus points at Warwickshire or gain a draw because of poor weather then we finish second irrespective of anything Sussex do or don't do.

If Sussex fail to beat Warwickshire in their present match we finish second.

Sure I've missed something but someone else can chip in if I have.
    1 bonus point will do as we'll be above Sussex on wins
  • Options
    Sussex 317-8 Jordan out for 15
  • Options
    Almost there....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sussex 317-8 Jordan out for 15

Effectively 9 down as Haines is injured and not batting
  • Options
    343 all out job done
  • Options
    Up we go, slurrey beware
  • Options
    what is up with haines? any chance of him batting in 2nd innings?
  • Options
    Now we just need to batter Warks next week for the title.