Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cat serial killer

Comments

• Are the cats disappearing or are the bodies being found?

Cats are usually enticed away from their homes with treats etc.

Killer has then usually killed them (or decapitated in some cases), before putting the bodies back on the door step I think
  • Are the cats disappearing or are the bodies being found?

Bodies found decapitated if I remember rightly.
  • Oh okay, thanks.
  • Have been following this via SNARL. They are confident it's one person with the only change over time being that 'he's' become cleaner with the injuries. Attacks have been mainly in he SE but have occurred over a lot of the country and on successive days. 'He' clearly travels a lot.
  • SNARL say cats are killed, then moved and mutilated, then placed somewhere. Some have been put back on the doorstep others have been placed elsewhere, but there has been decapitation, disembowelment, tails cut off. Just sick.

I'm sure i read somewhere they think it is a delivery driver...
  • edited April 2018
    Someone posted a while ago about a sick bastard of a neighbour who was setting up traps for animals in his garden (nooses and tiny bear style traps from memory). If I was looking for a cat killer that's the kind of door I'd want to knock on.
  • Incredibly low.

Whoever the culprit is should get life in prison.

It is a very dangerous individual
  • andyg90 said:

I work in the veterinary profession and we've had quite a few brought in that have been decapitated in the SE area.

Did anybody see this story about the ginger tom found impailed on a fence in north London?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2018/03/12/miracle-as-cat-survives-after-being-found-impaled-on-metal-fence-7382075/amp/

A good friend of mine was on call and got called in during the early hours to assist. They all suspect foul play given how he looks placed.
    Not sure if related to the cat killer but people like this make my blood boil. Unfortunately the general consensus is that the punishment for those caught committing animal abuse is far too lax.

I work at RSPCA and there were differing opinions at the time. The only suggestion of foul play came after the event from the Vets, RSPCA therefore had to start making enquiries.
  • Dave2l said:

Incredibly low.

Absolutely - you'd strongly suspect someone that f***ed up will move onto people if not stopped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

Incredibly low.

Absolutely - you'd strongly suspect someone that f***ed up will move onto people if not stopped.
    Practicsing Psychopath for confidence gaining.

It's hard to associate the term psychopath with south east London but obviously they exist everywhere.

• What has this sicko have against re poor pussys?
  • What has this sicko have against re poor pussys?

Probably nothing, it’s more a power/control thing.
  • clive said:
    Bull shit!!!... How does a fox cut off a cat's head?

In June 2017, a cat’s head was found in a school playground in Catford. CCTV showed a fox carrying the head into the playground.
  • Who'd a thought....?
  • clive said:

In June 2017, a cat’s head was found in a school playground in Catford. CCTV showed a fox carrying the head into the playground.
    Also it says they were killed by a car then mutilated by foxes.

Thats alot if cats in the local area being hit by cars, which still makes it seem like someone is killing them on purpose
  • clive said:

Thats alot if cats in the local area being hit by cars, which still makes it seem like someone is killing them on purpose
    Not to mention its happened in all areas of the country and not just limited to Croydon

If so thats a set of Foxes who loves to travel!!
  • This has been taken from SNARL (South Norwood Animal Rescue and Liberty) and their FaceBook page...

We are aware of the notification this morning by the Met Police that they are discontinuing Operation Takahe, due to new evidence that suggests the injuries to the cats are fox predation post- road traffic accident or other event.

As you can imagine, this morning’s announcement has come as a surprise and we will be taking advice on how to move forward.

We consider that the evidence we have gathered over the last three years does indicate human involvement and there is expert opinion to back this up. Over the last three years, we have discounted over 1500 incidents as non-human related.

The police have said that they will continue to investigate incidents where there is clear evidence of human involvement.

Our priority at the moment is the victim’s families and we will release a further statement in due course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't seem right to me, the Police believed it enough initially to put a decent sized team on it. I am sure some have been mutilated by foxes post mortem, but not all of them. Not the ones in plastic bags and on the owners' doorsteps.

Though I've never kept my cat indoors and him and his gang of 5 or so others have always been ok.
  • Yup...smells like the OB are looking for a reason to deploy their resources elsewhere.

I can't say that I disagree with their thought process given current budgetary constraints.
  • I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

'Croydon cat killer' mystery solved by police - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45588088
  • PeterGage said:

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

'Croydon cat killer' mystery solved by police - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45588088

I saw this on Charlton Life and thought you should see it :wink:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81417/cat-serial-killer#latest
  • clive said:

Not to mention its happened in all areas of the country and not just limited to Croydon

If so thats a set of Foxes who loves to travel!!
    So it happened in SE London and now up north in Sheffield, allegedly by a Fox....didnt we have a player called Fox who then moved to Sheffield?

I am Columbo.
  • Croydon said:

Absolute fucking bollocks from the Met there. I understand they need to use their resources elsewhere and that's fine, they're stretched with cuts. But that lie is a disgrace.

So is 'Reynard the Ripper' on the loose? Absolute nonsense! Foxes steer well clear of cats - quite sensibly they don't fancy getting torn to ribbons by an angry moggy!. We have enough foxes in Bromley and - sadly - have had them for years. No discernible decrease in the pussy population as far as I can tell.

• addick05 said:

Croydon said:

Absolute fucking bollocks from the Met there. I understand they need to use their resources elsewhere and that's fine, they're stretched with cuts. But that lie is a disgrace.

So is 'Reynard the Ripper' on the loose? Absolute nonsense! Foxes steer well clear of cats - quite sensibly they don't fancy getting torn to ribbons by an angry moggy!. We have enough foxes in Bromley and - sadly - have had them for years. No discernible decrease in the pussy population as far as I can tell.

What fox removes the head of the cat and then places it on the doorstep of the owner? Following on from the sharp increase in urban foxes, is this their first real step in an attempt to total domination?

Say it how it is, the Met don't want to investigate it anymore as they feel their time could be better spent elsewhere.