Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Think this was live on BBC 2
  • Correct. Don't know how they split teams with same number of points. Wins seems sensible and we have the head to head. All semantics though!

It is decided by the number of wins.

It would be crazy if we won 10/14 matches and didn't go up!
  • Darren Stevens is just a shit Rikki Clarke. Discuss.

So close to a flag, my friend, soooo close.

You're better than that, Canters.

Even though you're a Slurrey fan, you're better than that. :wink:
  • Darren Stevens is just a shit Rikki Clarke. Discuss.

So close to a flag, my friend, soooo close.

You're better than that, Canters.

Even though you're a Slurrey fan, you're better than that. :wink:
    He's actually really, really not. Trust me.
  • Oi - Stevens is a Kent legend in my household and even more of a legend in my wife's household for shouldering arms against Jamie Porters 5th ball in county cricket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5AXDZ5-vXs

• Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

Fabian Cowdrey seems to be having a bit of a dig at the Kent management:

" />
    Kent have never been good at bringing through fast bowlers. I suppose the flip side to those failures is someone like Podmore who's been a great success this season

Fabian Cowdrey seems to be having a bit of a dig at the Kent management:

" />
    Kent have never been good at bringing through fast bowlers. I suppose the flip side to those failures is someone like Podmore who's been a great success this season
    Masters was probably the last but he had most of his success elsewhere. Coles might be aggrieved not to be mentioned...

Going way back Jarvis, Dilley, Ellison, Igglesden come to mind.
    Fastest bowler I saw play for Kent was a young lad called Duncan Spencer. He was an Aussie and played a few games in the early 90s including the Sunday League showdown with Glamorgan. Viv was playing in his last game and Spencer really shook him up. I seem to remember reading somewhere that he said Spencer was one of the fastest bowlers he ever faced.
    Sadly his career was cut short by injury.
    That match at St Lawrence was a winner take all affair for the 1993 Sunday league and we lost. Over 12,000 there and plenty of them were Welsh. Managed to get myself into the Colin Cowdrey suite for the game.
    Anyone else there?
    We lost.
    Duncan Spencer! I had forgotten the name but remember him for his sheer pace
  • Sponsored links:

• Go kent.

E I E I E I O......
  • CHG said:

45-7

Amazing.

Still no sympathy for Glamorgan, no?
  • https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/the-nightwatchman/2016/sep/16/duncan-spencer-cricket-fast-bowler

@Riviera mentioned the Glamorgan game earlier, those of you not familiar with Duncan Spencer, this is well worth a read.

I put this in the wrong thread!!
  • Vincenzo said:

CHG said:

45-7

Amazing.

no
  • Do we confirm promotion if we win this? Or are Sussex still mathematically in it?
  • Do we confirm promotion if we win this? Or are Sussex still mathematically in it?

Sussex are still mathematically in it if they can get maximum batting points (400 runs) in this match. 280-5 so it's still possible

They would still need to win and then win next week with maximum points anyway
  • Vincenzo said:

CHG said:

45-7

Amazing.

No. Still hurts finishing second the year only one team went up. We need to win and go up this time.

Sussex are still mathematically in it if they can get maximum batting points (400 runs) in this match. 280-5 so it's still possible

They would still need to win and then win next week with maximum points anyway
    Yes - although the best I can see Sussex getting out of the game with Warwickshire is a draw so hopefully Kent's promotion sealed by close of play tomorrow.
  • Sussex lose a wicket! 283-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Glamorgan must be proper shit. If Zak Crawley can score 168 against then, when his scores in the Kent Premier League this year were 47, 11, 0 and 0 at an average of 14.5, then an amateur club side from this neck of the woods would give them a very good game.
  • Kent win - 78 all out
  • 78 all out! 5 wickets for Stevo, great catch by Denly
  • Well done Kent.
    Looking forward to beating you in the big boys league. 😁
  • edited September 2018
    great stuff. now hoping Sussex and warwicks draw so it will be a real champ decider at edgbaston next week.
    as I write sussex have saved the follow on
  • redman said:

was going tomorrow but may be all over before I get there. long trek from west kent
    not complaining mind. Really have outperformed expectations by miles this year

Same here. Unless you're there on the dot at 10:30, you'll miss most of the action!

It's not as if we'll be promoted tomorrow morning anyway, I'm pretty sure that mathematically Sussex can still catch us IF they beat Warks. Most unlikely, but that game won't finish until Friday or at least not until well after Kent's match has finished.
    If I had gone down, realistically unless I spent a fortune on peak time trains, I wouldn't have got to the ground until after 11:40 so would have missed all of the wickets!
  • PaddyP17 said:

Glamorgan must be proper shit. If Zak Crawley can score 168 against then, when his scores in the Kent Premier League this year were 47, 11, 0 and 0 at an average of 14.5, then an amateur club side from this neck of the woods would give them a very good game.

The difference, sometimes, between performances in the First Class game against that demonstrated at Club level is, on occasions, puzzling.

For batsmen, there is the excuse that the tracks simply aren't as good at amateur level. Bowlers probably can only argue that the level of fielding is lacking but I'm not sure that this necessary holds any real value.

• PaddyP17 said:

Glamorgan must be proper shit. If Zak Crawley can score 168 against then, when his scores in the Kent Premier League this year were 47, 11, 0 and 0 at an average of 14.5, then an amateur club side from this neck of the woods would give them a very good game.

Crawley was struggling for form earlier in the season. Sometimes it's a mental thing