Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronaldo's red card.

I can't stand the fella so when I woke up to see he'd seen red last night I was quite pleased, then I watched the incident. If this is a red then we may as well give up.

Comments

• Haha. Brilliant.
  • He didnt pull his hair. It was unnecessary contact and provoked a reaction but far from a red card offence imho.
  • Deserved red and should get a bit extra for not leaving the pitch, arrogant twat
  • The big girls blouse probably stuck his long finger nails in as well.
  • @PeterGage what's the letter of the law? Was the ref right?
  • Been in Italy for 5 mins and already mastering the dark arts
  • Sponsored links:

• Most ridiculous red card I have seen for several seasons.
  • Greenie said:

One of the best players ever
    Never a red, the ref now has a trophy and story to tell.
    I was never a fan of Ronaldo but having taken time to read a few things about his work outside of football, I have nothing but admiration for the man, IMO he is top draw.
    Hopefully the red will be recinded.

On what grounds do you think it will be rescinded?
  • Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

I was never a fan of Ronaldo but having taken time to read a few things about his work outside of football, I have nothing but admiration for the man, IMO he is top draw.

If that was what he was sent off for, then of course it will be rescinded.
  • edited September 2018
    Stupid thing to do but probably should have been a yellow.

However, although he's not as bad as he used to be, the number of times over the years Ronaldo's play-acting has caused a player to be sent off/booked I have zero sympathy.

And to be fair to the Valencia player, he didn't roll around on the floor making a meal of it which is exactly what Ronaldo would have done!
  • Greenie said:

The blokes a supreme athlete, makes incredible amounts of money for good causes and has given us some of the best footballing performances we have ever seen.

And that’s not even a warning let alone a red.

Addickted said:

Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Ha, ha.
    Hope he breaks his leg tomorrow, then no need for a further enquiry.
    The bloke is a slippery tosser, who has finally got some justice served up.
    Oh, I wont be able to go to Old Trafford and lord it up, tough you cheating c***.
  • The blokes a supreme athlete, makes incredible amounts of money for good causes and has given us some of the best footballing performances we have ever seen.

This.
  • Law 12: In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Personally I don't think the force used was negligible, although others may disagree. I reckon most would agree that a face slap with less force was a straight red, for example, and the laws treat the head and face the same way. The bigger question for me is why any footballer with an ounce of intelligence would take the risk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jodaius said:

Law 12: In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Personally I don't think the force used was negligible, although others may disagree. I reckon most would agree that a face slap with less force was a straight red, for example, and the laws treat the head and face the same way. The bigger question for me is why any footballer with an ounce of intelligence would take the risk.

Negligible force for me, not a foul/warning/red/anything.
  • Addickted said:

Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Really? Such faith. His actions caused a brawl. His messing up of the other players hair is not so different from pushing someone in the face so unless their FA decide they want to finely tune the laws of the game to cover different types of shoving another players head it will probably stand. I think a red was over the top and it maybe reduced to a yellow, but would be amazed if it were rescinded.

How good a player, or being a top chap, should not come into it.
  • Those saying it will be rescinded it wont.

Listening to Talksport afterwards a Red can only be rescinded in The Champions League for mistaken identity
  • That's not even a warning, a yellow would've been very harsh
  • I thought the red card was for the incident before that.....bad camera angles & almost out of shot but I thought they were saying he barged/pushed/elbowed the defender over as they were running into the box. I only caught a bit of it on Sky at the time so I could be wrong
  • no need to do it really - harsh but stupid what gives him the right to ruffle someones hair, if someone done it to you in a pub and you knocked them out would that be okay? - he done it to get a reaction
  • Greenie said:

The blokes a supreme athlete, makes incredible amounts of money for good causes and has given us some of the best footballing performances we have ever seen.

Addickted said:

Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Ha, ha.
    Oh, I wont be able to go to Old Trafford and lord it up, tough you cheating c***.
    So bitter
  • Greenie said:

Addickted said:

Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Ha, ha.
    Nice.
  • I thought the red card was for the incident before that.....bad camera angles & almost out of shot but I thought they were saying he barged/pushed/elbowed the defender over as they were running into the box. I only caught a bit of it on Sky at the time so I could be wrong

I thought that too, but it seems like that was even more innocuous.
    Plus all the appeals from the defenders only happen after the head grab.

• Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Because it wasn't a red card, anyone can see that, that said if true above that red cards cant be rescinded in the Champs League then it wont be.