Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Matt Henry, who?

Go on Stevo!
  • Options
    Sussex making a good fist of it, but importantly there's no incentive for Warks to risk anything for the win. A high scoring bore draw will promote Warks, so no need for an aggressive declaration
  • Options
    Sussex 215-5 so they have a batting point
  • Options
    31-2. Glamorgan trail Kent by 219 runs with 8 wickets remaining
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

32-3, Joe Denly

Liam Dawson ahead of him in the ODI squad... LOL!
  • Options
    33-4
  • Options
    Stumps
  • Options
    Sussex 224-5 at the close
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

33-4 at the close !

What a great day for our lovely lads !

Henry with the fourth wicket. Nightwatchman Bull.
  • Options
    Close - Glamorgan trail Kent by 217 runs with 6 wickets remaining
  • Options
    Going to enjoy tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    was going tomorrow but may be all over before I get there. long trek from west kent
    not complaining mind. Really have outperformed expectations by miles this year
  • Options
    redman said:

was going tomorrow but may be all over before I get there. long trek from west kent
    not complaining mind. Really have outperformed expectations by miles this year

Same here. Unless you're there on the dot at 10:30, you'll miss most of the action!

It's not as if we'll be promoted tomorrow morning anyway, I'm pretty sure that mathematically Sussex can still catch us IF they beat Warks. Most unlikely, but that game won't finish until Friday or at least not until well after Kent's match has finished.
  • Options
    When we win, the worst case scenario is we will be 23 points clear of Sussex going into the last game. This assumes Sussex score 400 and win. We will therefore need a maximum of 2 points in the final game.
  • Options

When we win, the worst case scenario is we will be 23 points clear of Sussex going into the last game. This assumes Sussex score 400 and win. We will therefore need a maximum of 2 points in the final game.

Yes, I think at the moment we have 8 bonus points and them 2. If they get 5 bonus points (i.e. 4 batting points for 350) they can only tie with us and I assume that we'll be ahead on having more wins even if they get 24 points in their final match?
  • Options
    Correct. Don't know how they split teams with same number of points. Wins seems sensible and we have the head to head. All semantics though!
  • Options

Correct. Don't know how they split teams with same number of points. Wins seems sensible and we have the head to head. All semantics though!

Being the pessimist, they'll probably decide it on batting points or distance to the sea!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Darren Stevens is just a shit Rikki Clarke. Discuss.
  • Options
    25 mins and no nibbles!!! :'(
  • Options
    Even you can't spoil our moment @cantersaddick. See you at the Oval next Summer.
  • Options

Being the pessimist, they'll probably decide it on batting points or distance to the sea!
    More like " The county with the most S's in their name "

:smile:
  • Options

Darren Stevens is just a shit Rikki Clarke. Discuss.

Get back to the England cricket thread, no arguments here!
  • Options
    My entire adult life has been about the football season encroaching into the cricket season, this is the first time I can recall it being the other way around
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Fabian Cowdrey seems to be having a bit of a dig at the Kent management:

" />
    Kent have never been good at bringing through fast bowlers. I suppose the flip side to those failures is someone like Podmore who's been a great success this season

" />
    Kent have never been good at bringing through fast bowlers. I suppose the flip side to those failures is someone like Podmore who's been a great success this season
    Masters was probably the last but he had most of his success elsewhere. Coles might be aggrieved not to be mentioned...

Going way back Jarvis, Dilley, Ellison, Igglesden come to mind.
    Fastest bowler I saw play for Kent was a young lad called Duncan Spencer. He was an Aussie and played a few games in the early 90s including the Sunday League showdown with Glamorgan. Viv was playing in his last game and Spencer really shook him up. I seem to remember reading somewhere that he said Spencer was one of the fastest bowlers he ever faced.
    Sadly his career was cut short by injury.
    That match at St Lawrence was a winner take all affair for the 1993 Sunday league and we lost. Over 12,000 there and plenty of them were Welsh. Managed to get myself into the Colin Cowdrey suite for the game.
    Anyone else there?
    We lost.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

" />

" />
    Masters was probably the last but he had most of his success elsewhere. Coles might be aggrieved not to be mentioned...

Fastest bowler I saw play for Kent was a young lad called Duncan Spencer. He was an Aussie and played a few games in the early 90s including the Sunday League showdown with Glamorgan. Viv was playing in his last game and Spencer really shook him up. I seem to remember reading somewhere that he said Spencer was one of the fastest bowlers he ever faced.
    That match at St Lawrence was a winner take all affair for the 1993 Sunday league and we lost. Over 12,000 there and plenty of them were Welsh. Managed to get myself into the Colin Cowdrey suite for the game.
    Anyone else there?
    We lost.
    Unfortunately not, did we lose?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

" />

" />

Anyone else there?
    We lost.
    I have vague recollections of being there, it rings a bell