Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Gallen - joins to help with recruitment

Although doesn't appear to have worked in recruitment.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Gallen

Comments

• Everyone knows Hong Kong is a popular stop off en route to Australia - he's just a stop gap
  • next manager
  • At least KR has managed to bring his own man in, more than Slade managed.
  • edited April 2017
    Kevin Gallen has been working for Brighton in recent times, focusing on the younger players in the lower leagues. His brother, Steve apparently still in the field of Senior Professional Development Coach?
  • Thomas Driesen actually has more experience in recruitment than this bloke!
  • A slightly unusual choice as head of recruitment, but he was well regarded during his long spell at QPR, and at least should know what it takes to succeed at our level of football
  • A slightly unusual choice as head of recruitment, but he was well regarded during his long spell at QPR, and at least should know what it takes to succeed at our level of football

unlike his boss
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

At least KR has managed to bring his own man in, more than Slade managed.

Isn't KR leaving though?
  • I would guess that he is cheap to employ.
  • Redhenry said:

At least KR has managed to bring his own man in, more than Slade managed.

Isn't KR leaving though?
    Only on the 1st September, after bringing in his players and coaches...
  • How long before he quits in protest upon finding that mowgli is really in charge of recruitment?
  • Am I being pessimistic or does the current ownership hiring him put a serious dent in our hopes of a takeover anytime soon?
  • Am I being pessimistic or does the current ownership hiring him put a serious dent in our hopes of a takeover anytime soon?

Only if you think Meire is a decision-maker in a sale, as opposed to the main line of resistance.
  • “He’s a pro-license coach. He has a great eye for a player. When you have a coach in that position, they understand the rotations that I am looking for.”

Yeah that's why QPR are doing so well!

Only if you think Meire is a decision-maker in a sale, as opposed to the main line of resistance.
    I just assumed RD would have more of a say over who is hired to pretend to be in charge of recruitment in the hope we all forget about Mowgli.

Good to know I can dismiss this as a suggestion of no takeover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting and unusual that the Chief Scout is also negotiating deals, something well outside the usual job spec for that role. It partially makes him more like a Director of Football
  • Wasnt sure about Steve Gallen when we first signed him... As @killerandflash says, with that Recruitment / Chief Scout role I saw him more of a Director of Football type person. I'm not really a fan of those in Football as always feel that a signing should be down to who the Manager wants and rather someone being fostered upon them

This summer though Gallen has really proven what he can do and think he's a great asset to the club

Seeing that people have said that Karl Robinson didnt listen to advice, I wonder if he listened to many of Gallen's suggested signings or whether a lot last season were Karl's choices
  • Been a breath of fresh and finally seems we have some strategy and professionalism within recruitment of players
  • Interesting and unusual that the Chief Scout is also negotiating deals, something well outside the usual job spec for that role. It partially makes him more like a Director of Football

He's only ended up there by accident. With Daisy and Joyes gone Roland isn't paying out for a replacement to negotiate deals so Gallen is left acting up to CEO rank.

• Seeing that people have said that Karl Robinson didnt listen to advice, I wonder if he listened to many of Gallen's suggested signings or whether a lot last season were Karl's choices

I imagine Gallen would have far greater knowledge of players who can do a job at this level than Bowyer, especially last season when Bowyer was new at this level

• Seeing that people have said that Karl Robinson didnt listen to advice, I wonder if he listened to many of Gallen's suggested signings or whether a lot last season were Karl's choices

I imagine Gallen would have far greater knowledge of players who can do a job at this level than Bowyer, especially last season when Bowyer was new at this level

I would also say that an interesting point made in the article is Gallen and Bowyer would sit down and Bowyer would go through what he wanted and where he wanted to strengthen. It would be Gallen’s job to go out and find players that fitted what we needed and wanted specifically, no doubt already having a whole load of names prepared anyway.

I think it would’ve been similar to when Robinson was here, just he would have wanted a different type of player to what both Bowyer and Gallen identified to what we needed to be successful.

Both Gallen and Bowyer have done a fantastic job over the summer, all things considered too. We have strengthened where we were weak last season, and we still have players who can play too. He may have been joking a bit, but Gallen was right, all that is left now is to win games. So far, since the end of the window, so very good. Long may it continue.
  • edited September 2018
    And he said he used to be brothers with Bradley Gallen....