Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Never heard of him or the club.
  • Never heard of him or the club.

They're the same Division as Welling
  • He's a promising player imo. No nonsense centre half.
  • edited July 2018
    So Hampton’s nickname is the beavers? Carry on football team.
  • So Hampton’s nickname is the beavers?

You should see their mascot
  • Will learn a lot more for the next few months at that level than playing tippy tappy football with youngsters of the same age.
  • He's a promising player imo. No nonsense centre half.

Had an absolute cracking 45 minutes at Welling last season.
  • Bobby's son?
  • Sponsored links:

• Son of Bobby Bowry, ex-Palace, Millwall.

• Oggy Red said:

Son of Bobby Bowry, ex-Palace, Millwall.

He is? I feel old.
  • Seen him a couple of times for the youth and Under 23 teams and he looked useful.

I'm just down the road from Hampton & Richmond, so will try and get down there to watch him some time, especially as there is a clubhouse bar and very good pub next to the ground called the Jolly Coopers.

I also have a long standing ambition to be able to tell my wife that I am going to be home late because I have been detained in the Beaver Bar.
  • Oggy Red said:

Did wonder.

Had a good night out with his dad in Dublin over 20 years ago :-(
  • Hampton are a decent club with a really experienced manager, Gary McCann. This is a good move for Bowry and he'll learn a lot (but he'll have to work hard....Gary doesn't tolerate slackers at all).
  • Bowry was part of the team that started badly....got dropped with some others and the team started to do really well, with Chris Dickson scoring goals. Perhaps he needs to go to another team at the same level or slightly below.
  • Dan Bowry started in the team but results were bad. He was dropped along with a few others and to be fair Hampton have been on a great run since with Chris Dickson scoring regularly. Gary McCann doesn't muck about....if the team loses he gets new players in.

Bowry probably hasn't done a lot wrong and it will be interesting to see if he gets another loan move to a similar club.
  • Simonsen said:

Dan Bowry started in the team but results were bad. He was dropped along with a few others and to be fair Hampton have been on a great run since with Chris Dickson scoring regularly. Gary McCann doesn't muck about....if the team loses he gets new players in.

Bowry probably hasn't done a lot wrong and it will be interesting to see if he gets another loan move to a similar club.

It seems an interesting coincidence that Yao has gone out on the same day that Bowry has come back, one out one back
  • With Bauer out we need bodies in in his position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Simonsen said:

Dan Bowry started in the team but results were bad. He was dropped along with a few others and to be fair Hampton have been on a great run since with Chris Dickson scoring regularly. Gary McCann doesn't muck about....if the team loses he gets new players in.

It seems an interesting coincidence that Yao has gone out on the same day that Bowry has come back, one out one back
    Strange that. Thought Yao looked alright against AFCW. Shaky start but grew into it. With Bauer now out Yao is a right footed right sided defender who can cover at CB or RB (should Dijksteel be needed at CB or CM, for instance).

That said, it's only a month and he can be recalled any time I believe. Maybe a chance to get him some match fitness ahead of the busy Nov/Dec/Jan period as I can't see Bauer being back before then.
  • To those who watch the yoot regularly, thoughts on Bowery versus Yao?
  • Bowry is the better player
  • Yes. Bowry is probably better than Yao, very tall yet to fill out, not a lot different in ability to Blumberg, yet not a similar player if that makes sense.
    Still young, and like goalkeepers defenders get better with experience.
  • Yao has barely played CB and is not particularly competent at RB. Aaron Barnes was a better prospect until released but currently suffering from splinters.
  • Saw them both against Welling a few years ago. Yao was dreadfull but Bowry oozed classed, but seems Yao ahead in the pecking order now
  • couldn't we have got Chris Dickson back along wirh Bowry.....He's scoring goals & I've heard he's mustard.
  • Oggy Red said:

Did wonder.

You could be his mum?
  • Oggy Red said:

Did wonder.

You could be his mum?
    Bowry is tall though.