Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Jason Pearce

Verified account

@jpearce05
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Another battling performance from the boys today. Great 3 points. 3 on the bounce. Keep the momentum. Thanks to the fans that travelled. #cafc #ontothenextone 🔴⚪️
  • Options
    Joe Aribo

@J_Aribo19
    56m56 minutes ago
    More
    Good work put in today from the whole team. 3 points on the road. Thanks to the travelling faithful 🔴⚪ #CAFC
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

Couldn’t go today, but I believe there is typically a very large gap between the attendance and the actual crowd at Bradford, bigger even than at Charlton. That’s not to say it doesn’t work for them, but the announced numbers are not representative.

I would say it was the emptiest I have seen it in the last few years. Impressive attendance none the less.
    As suggested by the fact they seem to have shut the away end?
    We sat where we sat today back in the Premier league, couldn't they sell it out then?
    If they shut a stand then presumably not, but that’s not my recollection.
    The game we lost there 1-0, I think Robbie Blake scored, we sat on the side.

Also the game v Stockport I went to there the away fans where we we were. But you know best Rick, you always do.

BTW it's nice of you to come on here and say what a great result it was, oh you didn't you were too busy trying to make some pointless dig.
  • Options

A Charlton v Sunderland play off looming i think.

And what do you forecast the score to be?
  • Options
    Oh conundrums of conundrums... has that old Belgian scrote stumbled into a winning combination?

Early days, but feel good about this team.

Roland out! may be proof that even a deluded fool can roll a six.
  • Options
    Delighted with the win. 3 wins in a row and we are clinging on to the top 2.

I am really liking this squad which Bowyer has assembled. Taylor and Grant are superb and will fire us to promotion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Couldn’t go today, but I believe there is typically a very large gap between the attendance and the actual crowd at Bradford, bigger even than at Charlton. That’s not to say it doesn’t work for them, but the announced numbers are not representative.

I would say it was the emptiest I have seen it in the last few years. Impressive attendance none the less.
    We sat where we sat today back in the Premier league, couldn't they sell it out then?

Also the game v Stockport I went to there the away fans where we we were. But you know best Rick, you always do.

BTW it's nice of you to come on here and say what a great result it was, oh you didn't you were too busy trying to make some pointless dig.
    We sat behind the goal in 2000/01. That was my recollection and that’s where the tickets were, according to the programme at the time.

It’s not in any sense a dig at Bradford or anyone else - I’m just pointing out the crowd figure isn’t accurate, just as it isn’t at Charlton.
  • Options
    Glad we aren’t a pushover anymore. It’s been years since we’ve been nasty bastards. Years since we annoyed people.

Makes a nice change if I’m Honest.

Team spirit seems good, team is yet to gel and I’m a little excited. I also thjnk a little bit of wee game out at that second goal.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

We sat behind the goal in 2000/01. That was my recollection and that’s where the tickets were, according to the programme at the time.

It’s not in any sense a dig at Bradford or anyone else - I’m just pointing out the crowd figure isn’t accurate, just as it isn’t at Charlton.
    I don't get what your point of brining it up in the first place was, Bradford had fantastic home support today, as they always do. Supported by a progressive view to season ticket pricing, which I believe you support?

I just find it sad that you are more interested in politcial point scoring than celebrating a fantastic performance.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

At the match

My fourth visit to Valley Parade and the third in a row which is a happy hunting ground :smiley:

As Clive posted pre match away fans are no longer located behind the goal but to right of that stand towards that end and we were bathed in early autumn sunshine at kickoff. We took to the pitch, which was is in good nick conducive to good football being played, in our away lucky cup final winning white shirts black shorts .

The line up was a 4-4-2 diamond, Steer in goal, back four, Solly Bauer, Prarce, Page, Cullen at the base, Ward at the tip, Reeves right and Arubo left. Grant and Taylof up front

We kicked off and played keep ball for a few minutes until the Bantams attacked Page with ease and from a goal line cross Steer made a wonder point blank save to prevent a very early reverse. Cullen impressed straight away, demanding the ball to set things up and when we didn't have possession he was snapping into tackles to win it back. You can always tell a player from a higher level the way they appear to have more time to pick a pass. The reason being that they know where the ball will be going before the receive it more commonly known as vision and Josh Cullen had it in abundance today. After about 10 mins he picked the ball up from a good Page tackle near the halfway line and picked out Grant on the left who cut in and unleashed an unstoppable right footer across the keeper into the net 1-0 to the Londoners. The rest of the half was fairly even, Steer was rarely troubled, Pearce and Bauer dominated their strikers and the home fans were rather subdued as we got to the break looking comfortable for three points.

As always a second goal for some breathing space is crucial but new City Manager and Palarse reject beefed up David Hopkins had other ideas having no doubt read the riot act. The home fans suddenly found their voice at the start of the second half as they pinned us back and corner after corner came in. Had this been blow football I'm sure they would have cheated by sucking the ball into the net. The natives were constantly trying to influence the ref with penalty appeals and demands for our players to be booked / sent off.

The defence were being tested to the limit but Bauer and Pearce were man mountains receiving good support from the full backs and Cullen. However fresh legs were needed and none better than Lapslie's for Reeves. Having weathered the onslaught and despite several yellow cards being waved we managed to get a foothold back in the game and some nice interchange play down our left with Grant passing to Taylor who cut in and buried a fierce shot for 2-0 to the relieved Londoners, game over.

Nice little cameo from Igor and sensible use of Sarr On 85 mins (plus 5 mins injury time) to go with three CBs and withdraw Grant. Ward looked a bit ring rusty but added that experience and little bit of nastiness that we've lacked previously, more to come from him for sure.

We came we saw we conquered and a final word for our fans who were in fine voice throughout with some decent new songs which I'm sure I'll get to learn the words of, eventually.

Thanks for the excellent report. We scored after 3 mins btw :wink:
  • Options

RedChaser said:

At the match

My fourth visit to Valley Parade and the third in a row which is a happy hunting ground :smiley:

As Clive posted pre match away fans are no longer located behind the goal but to right of that stand towards that end and we were bathed in early autumn sunshine at kickoff. We took to the pitch, which was is in good nick conducive to good football being played, in our away lucky cup final winning white shirts black shorts .

The line up was a 4-4-2 diamond, Steer in goal, back four, Solly Bauer, Prarce, Page, Cullen at the base, Ward at the tip, Reeves right and Arubo left. Grant and Taylof up front

We kicked off and played keep ball for a few minutes until the Bantams attacked Page with ease and from a goal line cross Steer made a wonder point blank save to prevent a very early reverse. Cullen impressed straight away, demanding the ball to set things up and when we didn't have possession he was snapping into tackles to win it back. You can always tell a player from a higher level the way they appear to have more time to pick a pass. The reason being that they know where the ball will be going before the receive it more commonly known as vision and Josh Cullen had it in abundance today. After about 10 mins he picked the ball up from a good Page tackle near the halfway line and picked out Grant on the left who cut in and unleashed an unstoppable right footer across the keeper into the net 1-0 to the Londoners. The rest of the half was fairly even, Steer was rarely troubled, Pearce and Bauer dominated their strikers and the home fans were rather subdued as we got to the break looking comfortable for three points.

As always a second goal for some breathing space is crucial but new City Manager and Palarse reject beefed up David Hopkins had other ideas having no doubt read the riot act. The home fans suddenly found their voice at the start of the second half as they pinned us back and corner after corner came in. Had this been blow football I'm sure they would have cheated by sucking the ball into the net. The natives were constantly trying to influence the ref with penalty appeals and demands for our players to be booked / sent off.

The defence were being tested to the limit but Bauer and Pearce were man mountains receiving good support from the full backs and Cullen. However fresh legs were needed and none better than Lapslie's for Reeves. Having weathered the onslaught and despite several yellow cards being waved we managed to get a foothold back in the game and some nice interchange play down our left with Grant passing to Taylor who cut in and buried a fierce shot for 2-0 to the relieved Londoners, game over.

Nice little cameo from Igor and sensible use of Sarr On 85 mins (plus 5 mins injury time) to go with three CBs and withdraw Grant. Ward looked a bit ring rusty but added that experience and little bit of nastiness that we've lacked previously, more to come from him for sure.

We came we saw we conquered and a final word for our fans who were in fine voice throughout with some decent new songs which I'm sure I'll get to learn the words of, eventually.

Thanks for the excellent report. We scored after 3 mins btw :wink:
    Oops! Everything must have been in slow motion with the pre match beers :-)
  • Options
    Just seen grants goal what a great strike and what a fantastic pass through to him!
  • Options

Was going to drive up, but car problems (instruments packed up completely) made me turn back and go home

On that basis, we'll win 9-0 with Solly getting a hattrick

Not 9-0, but I hope those that went appreciated that if I had turned up, it would probably have finished 1-1!

It's weird having goal scoring strikers. Normally our goals are spread around the team, and the forwards are described in such words as "his all round game is valued , he provides more to the team than just his goals". This season our front two are really standing out for their scoring, and teams with a goal scoring pair of strikers have a habit of getting promoted.

Some great results elsewhere too, as the Posh and Sunderland bubbles needing pricking.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Just got in and have to say I really enjoyed the day out in Bradford. First time I’ve seen us this season and was wholly impressed with the tenacity that Bowyer has instilled in the team, the willingness to put a foot in and battle. Soft we’re not.
    Player wise I was especially impressed with Taylor, the lads a proper striker. Pearce and Bauer made a formidable duo in the centre of defence and as for Cullen, well, he’s pretty impressive isn’t he? Aribo also impressed though in my opinion his booking for trying to win a penalty was correct, I was in line with it and he did cheekily look for it. Not that that’s a negative in my book, you have to do what you have to do.
    Nice performance from our supporters today given the numbers, we definitely did our bit in what was a decent atmosphere in the ground. Shame a couple of the stewards put a bit of a dampener on things, especially the one I first encountered outside the turnstiles who took a ticket off a kid who was maybe a little inebriated but certainly not being a prick with it. Saw him inside during the game and he seemed to take great delight in trying to point out easy targets. Wanker of the highest order.
    To top off an already decent day I got my customary hug off the delectable and enchanting @Fanny Fanackapan .
    What more could an Addick ask for?

just got in? How far up north are you :wink:
  • Options

ross1 said:

Lee Bowyer’s Red & White Army 🎶

A HUGE thank you to all those Addicks who cheered us on at @officialbantams this afternoon 👏

Get home safely and see you next weekend! #cafc

That's me in the Charlton jacket thoroughly enjoying the win in the middle of the picture by, er, sitting down clapping...
    Hello Morrisey.
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    2 great finishes, slightly similar goals with both cutting in from the left
  • Options
    Was Fosu a straight red against Southend?
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    That killer pass from Cullen to set up Grant for the 1st goal, threaded through the eye of a needle - so impressed!
    I've watched it over and over again, breathtaking quality, belongs in the Prem. If he can do that regularly, our front boys are going to score a hatful.

Karlan should have scored again, fed by Aribo ...... but first of all, look at that 1st time pass by Ward, into Aribo's path.
    This is the quality that will unlock defences in our League.

Add in Taylor's delightful curler across their keeper - we've got genuine creative quality in our squad this year.
    And we've still got players like Clarke, Bielek and Fosu waiting to come in.

• Options

Yes
  • Options

Yes.