Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• one translation of 'spiegel' is mirror .. the old man needs to have a good hard look at himself in one a s a p
  • Just reading.. seems a good piece. I've also got a new entry for the band names thread: "the crumb prohibition"
  • I doubt Roland will be pleased :)
  • Spiegel ei
  • Roland is busy today, using the environment and his care for the health of his Belgian tenants' employees in justification of parking charges at Stayen - in the process ignoring the complaints from people living nearby about his employees parking in their streets!

https://www.hln.be/regio/sint-truiden/duchatelet-reageert-parkeren-op-stayen-is-niet-duur~a55349f5/?referer=

Translation:
    Duchâtelet reacts: "Parking on Stayen is not expensive"
    September 14, 2018

Sint-Truiden Roland Duchâtelet reacts to the fuss about the lack of parking spaces around Stayen. Local residents complained yesterday in our newspaper because employees of the company Callexcell game park because parking on Stayen would be too expensive.

"25 euros per month is very cheap", says Duchâtelet. "Callexcell has 250 parking spaces at Stayen. Only dozens of them are taken by staff members. All employees were given the opportunity to request a parking subscription at a greatly reduced price. Thanks to a financial effort from Stayen and Callexcell, our employees pay only a quarter of the original price. That amounts to one euro per day. The reason why the parking season tickets are not free is the fact that we want to continue to encourage people to opt for alternative solutions. Because the health of our employees is also close to our hearts. For example, we provide an ordinary or electric bike and we provide free fresh fruit every day. We greatly appreciate the daily efforts of our employees and invest with pleasure in their well-being and development. "
  • Get in there @ROT

Resident parking is an election issue is St Truiden. Local businessman fails to act on residents complaints.
  • I love that ROT translates to RED in German - shame it's not the same in Belgian as it would have made the acronym even more apt!
  • for those not up on the German press, in the business/opinion former world, they don't come bigger than Spiegel. You can be sure that every Belgian big-wig is aware of that, and some will read it. They do have a limited on-line English language version, doubt this will make it, but I read it regularly so will keep an eye out.

This is a major strike by ROT and all those fans who have got to the Belgian media over the period of his tenure.

The journalist who wrote it is based in England.
  • Sponsored links:

• for those not up on the German press, in the business/opinion former world, they don't come bigger than Spiegel. You can be sure that every Belgian big-wig is aware of that, and some will read it. They do have a limited on-line English language version, doubt this will make it, but I read it regularly so will keep an eye out.

This is a major strike by ROT and all those fans who have got to the Belgian media over the period of his tenure.

Does that make a difference?
  • CafcSCP said:

for those not up on the German press, in the business/opinion former world, they don't come bigger than Spiegel. You can be sure that every Belgian big-wig is aware of that, and some will read it. They do have a limited on-line English language version, doubt this will make it, but I read it regularly so will keep an eye out.

Not to me but Prague seemed to think it came solely from activity in Belgium. The guy lives in NW5 and contacted me, I passed him on to Clive. He will have seen the English media. It all helps.
  • One of my German colleagues at work just emailed me the link remembering I was a Charlton fan. He was very surprised it was in Der Spiegel.
  • CafcSCP said:

for those not up on the German press, in the business/opinion former world, they don't come bigger than Spiegel. You can be sure that every Belgian big-wig is aware of that, and some will read it. They do have a limited on-line English language version, doubt this will make it, but I read it regularly so will keep an eye out.

Not to me but Prague seemed to think it came solely from activity in Belgium. The guy lives in NW5 and contacted me, I passed him on to Clive. He will have seen the English media. It all helps.
    Sorry, I had heard it was Honigstein writing it, but forgot. As you say, it all helps.
  • jac52 said:

Just reading.. seems a good piece. I've also got a new entry for the band names thread: "the crumb prohibition"

'The Crumb Prohibition' is very good. Another band name, directly from the translation: Zombie Club.

• Some good comments now being made, including references to the importance of the 50+1 rule (which seems to have held RD in check at CZJ) and the charging of interest on the loans.
  • CafcSCP said:

Sorry, I had heard it was Honigstein writing it, but forgot. As you say, it all helps.
    The piece is indeed bylined Raphael Honigstein.

• He is often on BT Sports and used to be a regular guest in the Guardian Football Weekly podcast. Knowledgeable guy.
  • edited September 2018

Evening Standard.
  • N01R4M said:

RedRyan said:

I love that ROT translates to RED in German - shame it's not the same in Belgian as it would have made the acronym even more apt!

Rot in Dutch has a very similar meaning to English - which I believe was one of the reasons behind choosing it.

Subsequently have been told that "rot op" means, errm, go away - perhaps "bog off" might be closer? A happy coincidence for ROT.
    Dit stuk hout is rot . = This piece of timber has rot/ is rotten . It's got pretty much the same meaning ...
  • Sponsored links:

Evening Standard.

£35m - has he dropped the price??
  • Just smile, @SE7toSG3 :smile:

I'm just waiting for the estimate of my age when "another place" does its customary misogynistic hatchet job in my direction...
  • SE7toSG3 said:

'mid 50s' ffs!!

You’ve got it wrong.

That’s when they reckon you were born!