Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 poppy charlton badges

edited September 2018 in General Charlton
officially sold through the british legion now, ordered 4 this morning, good to see these finally sold i emailed them for several years wondering if they would do a full run on all league clubs as currently you can buy them on ebay but who knows where that money goes, bought 4 badges and rounded it up to £20.00.

http://www.poppyshop.org.uk/charlton-athletic-2018-poppy-lapel-pin.html

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Well done Mick Everett, museum founder and trustee, (he does some other job part time at the Valley, i think) for organising this.

I believe only 500 have been made so don't hang around.

I know it’s been a growing market over the last five years, but I’m not a big fan of the ‘footballising’ of poppy stuff personally.

I tend to agree but given the number of bootleg versions it makes sense for the clubs and Royal British Legion to make them and ensure the money goes to the RBL.
  • Well done Mick Everett, museum founder and trustee, (he does some other job part time at the Valley, i think) for organising this.

I believe only 500 have been made so don't hang around.

I know it’s been a growing market over the last five years, but I’m not a big fan of the ‘footballising’ of poppy stuff personally.

I tend to agree but given the number of bootleg versions it makes sense for the clubs and Royal British Legion to make them and ensure the money goes to them.
    exactly why im happy, as have never bought the bootleg versions before but a lot do so when you can get the real thing and the money is going to a worthwhile cause even better.
  • thanks for the link
  • thanks for the info .. get in quick as there are less than 50 left
  • I know it’s been a growing market over the last five years, but I’m not a big fan of the ‘footballising’ of poppy stuff personally.

if 50 badges were sold for every football club in the league system thats £11,454.00 to the British legion, paper poppies fall off and i will have 2 this year one from start of October till Pompey away which i will wear to charlton matches, and i also will get an official enamel badge for my work jacket.

offically made i am a fan, what i do not like is people selling them on ebay with a poppy on them that is no way linked to the British legion.
  • Just bought one too, a nice idea and at least we can be sure the money is going to the right place.
  • Received mine this morning,good service from The Royal British Legion.The delivery was made by Parcelforce,so you may have to be at home when delivery is attempted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Totally agree, I've bought 4 and rounded up to 20 quid. You get poppies now with glitter, in different stages of bloom, different sizes why not utilise the enormous amount of people who will buy these, raising a lot of money for a very worthy charity as opposed to people misguidedly buying bootlegs that don't contribute to the British legion

Good on Mick, he's a bloody good bloke that one

Shame about his son
  • clive said:

Received mine this morning,good service from The Royal British Legion.The delivery was made by Parcelforce,so you may have to be at home when delivery is attempted.

likewise .. my 4 came today .. a nice little memento albeit of a very sad chapter in human history
  • Got mine today. Great quality items..
  • Got mine today too
  • Thanks for the link. Just got 4.
  • Me too, on my coat already, nicely enameled and actually looks better than I had thought it would.
  • Mine turned up today. Very nice.
  • thanks for link - just ordered some.
  • Just checked my order and they have billed be for eight instead of four haha! Bloody £30

I have spares people if they sell out so pm me
  • Going to bump this to keep it on page one
  • Sponsored links:

• Had to go to the bloody post office.
    Why the dickhead didn't put it through the letterbox I don't know.

Anyway, very good quality. Thanks for the heads up
  • Had to go to the bloody post office.

Because they are sending them out requiring a signature.
  • robroy said:

Just checked my order and they have billed be for eight instead of four haha! Bloody £30

I have spares people if they sell out so pm me

Had this problem too but sorted it before I pressed order. Bit of a clunky site but a good cause.
  • edited September 2018

Had to go to the bloody post office.

Because they are sending them out requiring a signature.
    That's what I assumed but post office told me no signature required.
    "I don't know why it wasn't put through your letterbox"
    Doesn't really matter anyway.
  • Mine were out through the letterbox.
  • Wore mine for the first day today. Must admit wasn’t sure what people’s reactions in the office would be when they saw the Charlton badge next to it. For some reason I had it in my head I’d have people say it is distasteful, but no one seemed to have anything to say.

I don’t see a problem with it personally, but can understand if some people might take issue

The key for me is getting a badge of some sort this year. Get so fed up of mine coming off within a couple of hours of buying a disposable one, and then it looks like I’m not bothering at all
  • Are there going to be 2019 poppy badges,looked at Royal British Legion shop site & no Charlton badges for sale yet.
  • They have Mansfield and Burton Albion ones, but not Charlton ones. LOL
  • They have Mansfield and Burton Albion ones, but not Charlton ones. LOL
    I had an email from the BL touting their wares .. there are about 60 FL/Prem badges, but not one for us, very odd .. I was surprised at the range of poppy badged goods for sale .. baseball caps, Tshirts, jewellery, mugs etc. etc. .. 
  • clive said:
    Are there going to be 2019 poppy badges,looked at Royal British Legion shop site & no Charlton badges for sale yet.
    @clive They were specially made at the request of Mick Everett last year. Don't know if there are plans for them again this year but have asked.