Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Interview with Lewis Page

“In one game I covered 11.2 kilometres. In other games it has been 10.6km and then 10.9km. I wouldn’t say I get the best every week. Usually it is Darren Pratley with the highest. Josh Cullen was up there too at Southend.

“But you have games where you a run a ridiculous amount and it probably wasn’t your best game.

“If you are 2-0 or 3-0 up in the last 20 minutes then you are not attacking so much, more sitting in shape and playing off that.” Page is out of contract this summer.

“I’d love to stay at Charlton. I love the fans and the boys have been brilliant. But in football things change by the week. All I can control is how I play.

“I’ve got it in the back of my mind it is my last year and that is never nice knowing that.

“I just want to crack on, do well and see how it is in January.”

Full interview

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lewis-page-on-his-long-term-future-and-how-he-has-gone-from-forgotten-man-at-charlton-athletic-to-a-key-performer/

Comments

• edited September 2018
    After an indifferent start, such as not playing too well and injuries and suspension, he is looking like a good player now, reminds me of Rhoys Wiggins, really hope we can secure him on a long contract, think he'd be able to make the step up if we got promoted.
  • LenGlover said:

After an indifferent start, such as not playing too well and injuries and suspension, he is looking like a good player now, reminds me of Rhoys Wiggins, really hope we can secure him on a long contract, think he'd be able to make the step up if we got promoted.

On the pitch or how often he gets injured?

:wink:
    I wasn't thinking about his injuries, but yes even more similar than i first thought.
  • I really like him and he's massively impressed this season. I think that is largely down to the negative impression he gave on the odd occasion he did play before his injury. He left me thinking "what the hell did we see in him" but he's reversed that. He's committed, strong, has a decent left foot, a couple of assist and seems to understand a bit about what the fans wants and expect.

I don't expect to see Roberto Carlos style play - just a guy that will give his all and he seems to do that
  • Massively important to our season that he stays fit. When we play 3 at the back, he provides so much of our attacking width (with Solly not so effective going forward as he once was) and it would be asking a lot of someone like Mascoll to step in a fill that role for any more than a few games. Sarr could cover left back in a 4, but not left wing back in a 5.
  • Massive fan although I was underwhelmed when he first joined

He trained really hard when injured and has come back a better player who clearly loves the club and fans

Already a player of the year contender for me
  • He's really impressed me - hope he stays fit
  • He has just joined Dagenham and Redbridge.
  • He is still only 27.

It looks like he made four apperarances last year, one for Mansfield and three sub for Gillingham.
  • Actually thought he looked pretty handy whenever he played for us, and came across as a decent fella. Just goes to show, it is a short career for a lot of players
  • Sponsored links:

• Poor devil, wish all the best for the future, although not what he wanted 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Actually thought he looked pretty handy whenever he played for us, and came across as a decent fella. Just goes to show, it is a short career for a lot of players
    Yeah when playing regularly he looked a solid League One fullback, and possibly could have pushed on. But obviously the issue was just staying fit unfortunately. When you don't play you don't get better. 
  • I don't know why he left Exeter. He played a decent number of games there.