Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    kenhem said:

LouisMend said:
    I remember the good old days when a takeover rumour lasted months, now we're lucky if they last a day.

If Fawaz comes up with the readies I don’t think Roland will give two hoots about the NDA being broken.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Seems like his head and heart were in the right place, but needed guidance on getting the backroom structure right.

Seemed to be a bit delusional in that respect.
  • Options
    SE9 said:

He won’t be buying it. Won’t pay the £50 million plus all debts. Roland apparently said he still wants a say in the training ground too after he has sold it.

Oh did he......I don’t remember him saying that?
    Source please.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

RedChaser said:

I can't find the post but I thought I read that the photo of Fawaz looking out over the Valley from the centre circle hospitality suite was taken on Monday with De Truck man in the background? Doesn't mean to say it wasn't him but the latter only works Tuesdsys to Thursdays. WIOTOS

Fawaz was 100% at The Valley yesterday (Wednesday)
    Hope they cleaned off the pigeon shit on the West Stand staircases.
  • Options
    To steal a line from a former member of this parish...

"The Valley must be built on an Old Indian Burial Ground".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

This bloke is exactly the sort of idiot that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club but will undoubtedly fly through the Football League's tests.

Shocked by those of you slating the Forest fans and trying to put a positive spin on Fawaz. This bloke would be a tiny step up from Roland - less of a c$%t so just the ineptitude to contend with.

Depressing.

Haven’t seen anyone ‘slating’ the Forest fans..... a few questioning their voracity maybe.....but no one actually ‘slating’ them as you describe it.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

MrLargo said:

This bloke is exactly the sort of idiot that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club but will undoubtedly fly through the Football League's tests.

Shocked by those of you slating the Forest fans and trying to put a positive spin on Fawaz. This bloke would be a tiny step up from Roland - less of a c$%t so just the ineptitude to contend with.

Depressing.

Haven’t seen anyone ‘slating’ the Forest fans..... a few questioning their voracity maybe.....but no one actually ‘slating’ them as you describe it.
    Apart the public schoolboy calling them all islamophobic in the same way he accused critics of Sarr of being racially motivated.
  • Options
    The Charlton soap opera continues:
    With Fawaz showing up at the valley, i can't see the wood for the trees.
  • Options
    he must fucking love the song
  • Options
    edited September 2018

###
  • Options
    edited September 2018

The advantage of having such a wealthy owner is that we won't have to sell our best young players on the cheap.

It's what he was notorious for at Forest. Even when he didn't need too, and almost always at a cut price. That was every bodies frustration. If there was money on the table, a player would almost always go.

And with no background structure, he did as he felt and no doubt in my mind, all his sidekicks would agree with everything he said so make the decision easy for him.

Lots of knee jerk decisions made that wouldn't have been made with a proper boardroom structure.
  • Options
    We are but flotsam and jetsam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oliver Burke for £13m sounds a good deal now, when you consider how little he's played since returning to the UK from Leipzig
  • Options

Oliver Burke for £13m sounds a good deal now, when you consider how little he's played since returning to the UK from Leipzig

Depends how much the club actually saw of it though and if any of it was invested into the playing side. £11m for Lookman was a good deal but how much went on players?
  • Options

On paper it's decent. Problem is, he was head and shoulders our best player already, he started the season on fire and with no sell on clause and no replacement the season almost turned into relegation.

We replaced him with Lica from Porto for £300k (who never got played) and Nicolao Dumitru on loan from Napoli (who turned out to be our worst player ever - no exaggeration, I can't believe he's played so many games of football).

The money recieved was used so he didn't have to invest anymore money.
  • Options

All things considered, I think the lad Fawaz was worth a punt - #teamfawaz

You're one of the most vocal anti-Aussie posters on here, but would be happy to take a punt on someone who has been a proven failure in English football?
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Depressing.

Apart the public schoolboy calling them all islamophobic in the same way he accused critics of Sarr of being racially motivated.
    Did I miss the post where someone called all Forest fans Islamophobic? There was certainly one Islamophobic comment made by a Forest fan when suggesting how Charlton fans should protest. But just one out of many comments is a tiny proportion. I'm surprised if anyone suggested they're all Islamophobic.

Also, how do you justify calling out the school someone went to? Is there an explanation for that?
  • Options
    Is it blowing an NDA by uploading a picture of you in a directors box?

What if it's actually Omar buying?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!