Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welcome Tom Rubashow - New CAFC Head of Comms

14567810»

Comments

• Ferryman said:

I'm sorry folks but the 'nice guy just doing his job' excuse just doesn't wash in this case.

Tom was employed by pitch PR before he came to Charlton. As part of that job Pitch PR were contracted by Charlton to manage their comms for a while - Tom was managing that from the Pitch PR side. He basically had a trial run. During that time he was involved in cleaning up Katriens Google search, pitting out comms making the fans look bad and generally splitting fans and club. I have no issues with him doing his job in that period. The issue i have is that after that trial run he knew what he was getting into and yet chose to leave his job at pitch PR (so not like he didn't have alternative employment elsewhere) and work permanently and full-time for the club. Since then, so I'm told he allegedly has been part of the cutting and pasting of comments from fans on social media and taking them to police. He has further attacked fans in the comms approach ever since.

So he knew what is was like, he had a choice (including staying in another job) yet he chose to come on board.

No sympathy or allowances from me. He is a snake and needs to go along with Keohane and the old Belgian himself.

Not defending him, but I spoke to him after one of the Meire joke meetings with supporter groups at The Valley and he was as bewildered by his employers as us fans.
    If so then why make the jump from contracted help for a short period of time to full time permanent employee. What was he expecting?
  • Ferryman said:

I'm sorry folks but the 'nice guy just doing his job' excuse just doesn't wash in this case.

Tom was employed by pitch PR before he came to Charlton. As part of that job Pitch PR were contracted by Charlton to manage their comms for a while - Tom was managing that from the Pitch PR side. He basically had a trial run. During that time he was involved in cleaning up Katriens Google search, pitting out comms making the fans look bad and generally splitting fans and club. I have no issues with him doing his job in that period. The issue i have is that after that trial run he knew what he was getting into and yet chose to leave his job at pitch PR (so not like he didn't have alternative employment elsewhere) and work permanently and full-time for the club. Since then, so I'm told he allegedly has been part of the cutting and pasting of comments from fans on social media and taking them to police. He has further attacked fans in the comms approach ever since.

So he knew what is was like, he had a choice (including staying in another job) yet he chose to come on board.

No sympathy or allowances from me. He is a snake and needs to go along with Keohane and the old Belgian himself.

Not defending him, but I spoke to him after one of the Meire joke meetings with supporter groups at The Valley and he was as bewildered by his employers as us fans.
    If so then why make the jump from contracted help for a short period of time to full time permanent employee. What was he expecting?
    50p and a lb of grapes?