Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradford Away Roll Call

See you there! Who's making the trip then and what's the likely numbers?

Comments

• Seb, his brother Ollie and Clive are of course a given :-)
  • Yes not been to Valley Parade for over 15 years
  • I might walk round the corner but don't count on it.
  • unfortunately not, been last 2 years top away day for me.
  • Henry JR and myself will be there.
  • might be there depending on 'circumstances that may be beyond my control' ..
  • edited September 2018
    Apparently 504 seats left out of 631 (as of 30 August) :open_mouth:. Never mind the trains it's only 221 miles & 4 hours up the M11 / A14 / A1(M) /M62/M606 by car. C'mon let's be having you :wink: .
  • Going to my first game in ages. LB and JJ have got me interested again, plus beer with my brother!
  • 4 of our gang going, IF we can resolve the problems caused by this feckin strike by Northern as it impacts on our arrival time at Leeds for our connection....

Not feeling great & this is almost the last straw.
  • 3 of us driving up from the south coast. Hopefully we get a good atmosphere going even though the numbers won't be great.
  • Sponsored links:

• alicwkd said:

3 of us driving up from the south coast. Hopefully we get a good atmosphere going even though the numbers won't be great.

I've always said it's quality not necessarily quantity :+1: .
  • 4 of our gang going, IF we can resolve the problems caused by this feckin strike by Northern as it impacts on our arrival time at Leeds for our connection....

Jean,i found this information on the LNER website.

found this on the LNER website,i presume this will also apply to this weekend.

If you have an ‘LNER and Connections’ Advance or First Advance ticket for an affected date which needs a Northern connection, you’ll be able to travel as follows:
    Tickets dated for Saturday 1 September: Friday 31 August or Sunday 2 September
    Tickets dated for Saturday 8 September: Friday 7 September or Sunday 9 September
    Please travel as close to the original time wherever possible.
  • clive said:

4 of our gang going, IF we can resolve the problems caused by this feckin strike by Northern as it impacts on our arrival time at Leeds for our connection....

If you have an ‘LNER and Connections’ Advance or First Advance ticket for an affected date which needs a Northern connection, you’ll be able to travel as follows:
    Tickets dated for Saturday 8 September: Friday 7 September or Sunday 9 September
    Thanks, Clive.

I've emailed Marilyn & Oli to see what they think .
  • clive said:

4 of our gang going, IF we can resolve the problems caused by this feckin strike by Northern as it impacts on our arrival time at Leeds for our connection....

Thanks, Clive.

I've emailed Marilyn & Oli to see what they think .
    I presume the above means if for instance you are booked on the 18.15 from Leeds you can get the 18.45 as this is next available train.
  • clb74 said:

Had stomach pains monday, went hospital monday night to be told I'm having my appendix out in the morning.
    First thing I said to the wife I'm still going Bradford.
    Been told pre book a cab between £20-25.
    I will be fully awake this match as I won't be drinking and can't remember the last time I watched a match without a beer.
    See you all Saturday.

Oh no !

I'm sure all will go to plan and that you'll be fit ( and proper!) on Saturday, albeit sober ...

Take care.
  • edited September 2018
    Should anyone miss their connection from Leeds to Bradford, as mentioned by The Red Robin on another thread, there are buses every 10 mins from Leeds Bus Station, Dyer St to Bradford Interchange route X6 operated by first group which takes about 40 mins.
  • edited September 2018
    RedChaser said:

Should anyone miss their connection from Leeds to Bradford, as mentioned by The Red Robin on another thread, there are buses every 10 mins from Leeds Bus Station, Dyer St to Bradford Interchange route X6 operated by first group which takes about 50 mins.

Thanks for that reminder, RC.

Or you could pick us up ?

:smile:
  • clb74 said:

Had stomach pains monday, went hospital monday night to be told I'm having my appendix out in the morning.
    First thing I said to the wife I'm still going Bradford.
    Been told pre book a cab between £20-25.
    I will be fully awake this match as I won't be drinking and can't remember the last time I watched a match without a beer.
    See you all Saturday.

Oh no !

I'm sure all will go to plan and that you'll be fit ( and proper!) on Saturday, albeit sober ...

Take care.
    Cheers fanny
    Saturday will be the 1st and last time the wife consumes more achol than me
  • Five of us going need to tick this off. FYI I tweeted LNER cos of this strike for northern rail and they sent me the temporary timetable for Saturday see next two posts. (Trainspotters and proud)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
  • edited September 2018
  • Be rude not to attend this fixture what with it being my nearest so I’ll be there. Meeting up with my away-day cohorts Vince and Les G for a couple of looseners before giving the old vocal pipes a clean out. Looking forward to seeing how LB has us playing.
  • Taking the other half with me to this. Too good to her!
  • In. First time since Benito Carbone’s lob in 2001

With my old man and @The31YearMan who is lauding up the fact he hasn’t missed a game since Jan this year. He’ll never be the big hitter in the league of the Lewis brothers, no matter how hard he tries
  • I’ll be there. First away day of the season ( glory hunter after 2 wins on the trot ).
  • Yay plus 3 daughters.
  • cabbles said:

In. First time since Benito Carbone’s lob in 2001

With my old man and @The31YearMan who is lauding up the fact he hasn’t missed a game since Jan this year. He’ll never be the big hitter in the league of the Lewis brothers, no matter how hard he tries

Wrong cabbles. Last game missed was Bury at home last season in Sept 2017 so edging toward a calendar card.
    You're right though about not being in the 'Lewis League' as I need to seek dispensation for Blackpool away in Dec. Absolutely gutted I'm missing a potential third trip to Bloomfield Road in 2018.
    These 31 years will have cracks all over it.

• cabbles said:

In. First time since Benito Carbone’s lob in 2001

Wrong cabbles. Last game missed was Bury at home last season in Sept 2017 so edging toward a calendar card.
    You're right though about not being in the 'Lewis League' as I need to seek dispensation for Blackpool away in Dec. Absolutely gutted I'm missing a potential third trip to Bloomfield Road in 2018.
    These 31 years will have cracks all over it.

Aim for 3.1 years first