Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• yay!! Done it!!!!!
  • Never in doubt...

Out batting is very thin, we really need to sign or find another upper order batsman, when you look our top 6, we've basically played all the batsmen we have other than the 19 year old Robinson.

Never in doubt, indeed.
  • LenGlover said:

I'm going to be a Durham fan for the next day or two now

Great knock by Cameron Steel 152no in I imagine testing conditions

• I'm slightly surprised Morgan has been playing CC cricket this season, wasn't he white ball only for the last couple of years?

Billings is a great keeper at the wicket, T20 has helped I imagine as stumpings are a key dismissal in that form of cricket now

Morgan has decided to play white ball cricket this season. He's averaging 11. Middlesex are terrible at T20/50 Over cricket too so it could be said that his loss would be no loss at all.

Middlesex need to get Roland-Jones back fit, Finn bowling properly or off the wage bill and a top batsman/captain to come in from outside the club. It's hard to argue for a better spinner because spin plays so little part in April/May/September games at Lord's.
  • Sussex need 321 to win.
  • Top of the table at the moment.
  • Durham collapsed from 293-5 to 340 all out.

Hopefully that means conditions have become bowler friendly.
  • LenGlover said:

Durham collapsed from 293-5 to 340 all out.

Never mind the century, Steel with his 160 is the only person in the match who's got more than 50! Hopefully his was a one off
  • edited September 2018

As expected Kent have signed Matt Milnes from Notts on a 3 year contract:

kentcricket.co.uk/news/kent-sign-paceman-matt-milnes/

A 3 year deal is quite long for someone who's fairly inexperienced. Not sure we desperately needed another seamer, trying to think of anyone who might be leaving after this season
    As has been said, Hartley left last season and Hunn will almost certainly do so this. Gidman also retired recently. So this leaves in the seam bowling department:

Thomas
    Stevens
    Podmore
    Stewart
    Haggett
    Milnes
    Claydon (white ball only if he stays)

For some matches in the CC we have been playing five seamers so, taking injuries into account (and fast bowlers get them the most), a returning Henry would still be a welcome addition.
  • LenGlover said:

Durham collapsed from 293-5 to 340 all out.

I just think that means Durham’s bowlers are rubbish at batting.

• Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Sussex 10-2 from 1.3 overs
  • Sussex 11/3

That’s a shame.
  • CHGCHG
    edited September 2018
    Potential 18 point lead, Warwickshire beat Sussex, we don't lose to Glamorgan, lovely old job.
  • And all are 3 ducks too!
  • Come on Durham, howay the lads!
  • edited September 2018
    A bit late to the party but........ Yeeeeeeha!
    Come on Durham!!!!
  • As expected Kent have signed Matt Milnes from Notts on a 3 year contract:

kentcricket.co.uk/news/kent-sign-paceman-matt-milnes/

A 3 year deal is quite long for someone who's fairly inexperienced. Not sure we desperately needed another seamer, trying to think of anyone who might be leaving after this season
    As has been said, Hartley left last season and Hunn will almost certainly do so this. Gidman also retired recently. So this leaves in the seam bowling department:

Thomas
    Stevens
    Podmore
    Stewart
    Haggett
    Milnes
    Claydon (white ball only if he stays)

For some matches in the CC we have been playing five seamers so, taking injuries into account (and fast bowlers get them the most), a returning Henry would still be a welcome addition.
    I'm sure Henry or someone similar will be signed for next year.

Looking at that list, the last 3 are white ball bowlers really (and Milne an overseas T20 player), so maybe the numbers don't look as excessive as I thought. I do think our batting is a more pressing area to strengthen especially if we go up!
  • CHG said:

Potential 18 point lead, Warwickshire beat Sussex, we don't lose to Glamorgan, lovely old job.

21 points
  • Sponsored links:

• CHG said:

21 points
    Oh sorry, have the 3 Sussex bowling points already been added to the live table? Fantastic
  • 3 of the top 6 Sussex batsmen got ducks!
  • Sussex 76-5
  • PeterGage said:

Sussex 76-5

Nice one Cyril.......nice one son.

Showing my age there.
  • 82-6, an excellent day for Kent so far
  • Come on Collingwood's boys !
  • 7 down. Happy days.
  • 7 down. Happy days.

Fanny strikes again !