Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Arter

Comments

• Curb_It said:

Twitter really is a vile place at times.

Twitter is only useful for News and Live Football Updates (like what Charlton do during a match).

The rest of it is a load of crap: I am eating an apple yeah good for you, dont need to know
    Twitter is just the medium, it's not the message.

The issue is what the vile idiot said not the medium he used to broadcast it. Yes twitter allows 100s to read his sick views but that's not twitter's fault anymore than printing is to blame for the Daily Mail.
  • Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but what a disgusting boy!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38507682

*if anyone wants me to delete it please just say

What a prick....

• This should serve to remind people that what they say online is no different to what they say out in the 'real world'.

......other than the fact that Arter would likely have (quite rightly) kicked the shit out of the bloke if he'd said it to his face.
  • Bit annoyed that the BBC and himself seem to think his ADHD and Autism are part to blame (otherwise, why mention these things?). Also him claiming his drinking of beer helped cause it. Maybe these things made him more likely to tweet, but what he said is 100% down to him being absolute scum.

I agree that what he posted was disgusting and must have caused considerable upset to Harry and his wife.

I heard that he takes medication for his mental health problems and that it is not supposed to be taken with drink and this may have affected his judgment. Not saying it excuses his behaviour but it may be a factor.
  • Bit annoyed that the BBC and himself seem to think his ADHD and Autism are part to blame (otherwise, why mention these things?). Also him claiming his drinking of beer helped cause it. Maybe these things made him more likely to tweet, but what he said is 100% down to him being absolute scum.

I agree that what he posted was disgusting and must have caused considerable upset to Harry and his wife.

I heard that he takes medication for his mental health problems and that it is not supposed to be taken with drink and this may have affected his judgment. Not saying it excuses his behaviour but it may be a factor.
    For over 2 years I was on medication for depression. It was made abundantly clear that alcohol was taboo. So, I didn't drink.

If he knew not to drink when on his medication, how does he have any defence?
    Hope you're ok now mate.

For over 2 years I was on medication for depression. It was made abundantly clear that alcohol was taboo. So, I didn't drink.

If he knew not to drink when on his medication, how does he have any defence?
    Fair point. Sorry to hear you're a fellow sufferer of depression. Hope you're keeping well again now.
  • Reckon the lad will struggle to get a gig for a while.

Good
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Why would anybody do this? It is so depressing! You don't post comments like that without knowing how offensive and cruel they are! There is no defence.
  • Just shows you how a little up start who thinks he has nearly made it, thinks he can get away with these tweets..... . Has he ever gone through the pain of a lost son/daughter? Your son through major surgery? Until you have it's so hard to explain how it affects the rest of your life......well done Harry you're the real man.
  • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/14/pep-guardiola-proves-class-unbelievable-gesture-towards-harry/

top gesture from Guardiola, congrats and good luck to harry and his missus.

Good man
  • edited February 2017
    Guardiola, despite having the hump at times in post match interviews, is a classy individual. As is, in my opinion, Klopp. Mourinho, on the other hand, has become somewhat tiresome.

Two matches specifically went against Guardiola and City this season. Luiz not being sent off when Aguero was through and no penalty and Walker not being sent off.

Had those decisions gone their way, City would, potentially, be level on points with Chelsea. But, unlike Mourinho, you won't hear Guardiola harping on for the whole of the season about how the whole of the world is against him and his team.
  • That was a lovely gesture, liking Guardiola more after that!
  • Saw the video earlier, made me chuckle when Arter asked Pep to sign him!
  • Guardiola, despite having the hump at times in post match interviews, is a classy individual. As is, in my opinion, Klopp. Mourinho, on the other hand, has become somewhat tiresome.

Two matches specifically went against Guardiola and City this season. Luiz not being sent off when Aguero was through and no penalty and Walker not being sent off.

Had those decisions gone their way, City would, potentially, be level on points with Chelsea. But, unlike Mourinho, you won't hear Guardiola harping on for the whole of the season about how the whole of the world is against him and his team.

Although he is to blame for not being able to pick a good goalkeeper.

I don't get the love for Klopp
  • It is certainly not a new thing that there are a lot of mentally unstable / challenged people in the world, but years ago this would have stayed very restricted.

Unfortunately the Internet, particularly forums, Facebook and Twitter, provide a platform to let Joe Public into the heads of people with issues. The shock barrier constantly gets pushed further and further out and people get encouraged to keep pushing it

It's a very difficult situation. There are a hell of a lot of people who it would be in everyone's interest, most pertinently their own, didn't have internet access. I've always (rightly or wrongly) felt a sense of social responsibility in playing a part of platform provider and I know there are a couple of posters we have not allowed / removed off here that I genuinely have done so with their best interests at heart

Reading those sort of comments no longer particularly angers me. What I find most depressing is whenever you see shock 'banter' comments stretched to the extreme (like this, or Madeline McCann things for example) the amount of 'likes' that those comments generate.

Downside of the Internet age

So that's why Big Rob had to keep changing his login. I guess there's no helping some people.

Nice of you to let him pretend to be a moderator though, you really are one of the good guys.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017
    Congratulations and all the very best to Harry and his family. I'm off to buy another pint as way of a toast.
  • Congratulations and all the very best to Harry and his family. I'm off to buy another pint as way of a toast.

Don't spread butter on it!
  • wmcf123 said:

Guardiola, despite having the hump at times in post match interviews, is a classy individual. As is, in my opinion, Klopp. Mourinho, on the other hand, has become somewhat tiresome.

Although he is to blame for not being able to pick a good goalkeeper.

I don't get the love for Klopp
    I do.
  • http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12020/11495004/martin-oneill-says-roy-keane-is-ready-for-harry-arter-reconciliation-after-row

Thoughts?

Personally I've never liked Keane. What he did to Haaland and his attitude to the whole incident was disgusting.
  • http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12020/11495004/martin-oneill-says-roy-keane-is-ready-for-harry-arter-reconciliation-after-row

Thoughts?

Personally I've never liked Keane. What he did to Haaland and his attitude to the whole incident was disgusting.

Walking out on the Ireland World Cup squad was incredibly stupid and an unforgivable bit of behaviour, I think Keane has even admitted as much in recent years.
  • reminds me of a article on fb yesterday about roy keane and a liverpool fan of course calling him a bang average footballer - the guy was unreal and no nonsense, what he done to ireland i thought was out of order but he has seen the error of his ways, arter isnt exactly a world beater keane did win numerous cups with united so i do not think the comparison between the 2 is really apt, i also still find it odd that english lads play for Ireland, due to ancestral i could play for Scotland or Ireland but it wouldn't feel right standing there singing the national anthem.

Thoughts?

Don't usually mind Keane, amazing player and as a pundit he says it how he sees it, none of the sitting on the fence that others do. But if the stuff said to Walters and Arter is true, then it's unnecessary and seems like he's created a row out of absolutely nothing.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a case of workplace bullying.
    Jon Walters is a hero.
  • Keane is a grade A cnut. Gives it on the pitch but no bollocks off of it.